Virtual Patriots L-39

Hi,

We've been quiet recently, but we've been working hard behind the scenes on the project! 8) This is a quick update on current progress.

Integration of AHRS is under way, along with the navigation system and weapon systems. The rest of the systems development is very advanced, and once these last three major items are implemented, we will be ready to start final systems checkout.

The cockpit sound environment is nearly complete, and really adds to the immersion factor. Left to do is the external audio.

The EFM/PFM is shaping up very nicely and is feeling great to fly. Thanks to feedback from Patriots Jet Team pilots, we are able to get "the feeling" of flying an L-39 into the flight model, as well as just matching performance data, for the most authentic feeling flight dynamics of this iconic aircraft.

Stay tuned for more updates! :thumbup:

Best regards,

Tango.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

We've been quiet recently, but we've been working hard behind the scenes on the project! 8) This is a quick update on current progress.

Integration of AHRS is under way, along with the navigation system and weapon systems. The rest of the systems development is very advanced, and once these last three major items are implemented, we will be ready to start final systems checkout.

The cockpit sound environment is nearly complete, and really adds to the immersion factor. Left to do is the external audio.

The EFM/PFM is shaping up very nicely and is feeling great to fly. Thanks to feedback from Patriots Jet Team pilots, we are able to get "the feeling" of flying an L-39 into the flight model, as well as just matching performance data, for the most authentic feeling flight dynamics of this iconic aircraft.

Stay tuned for more updates! :thumbup:

Best regards,

Tango.

:thumbup:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Great! :thumbup:

How do you find time for all these projects? ;)

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

Hi everyone,

Quick update from me: you may or may not have seen the huge systems list I produced for the C-101, detailing the fidelity in the systems. As I'm sure you can appreciate, the L-39 will be no exception in this regard (remembering that the list is not exhaustive).

We are not done with the systems development yet, so I will leave the final list until we are at such a point that I can comfortably post such details (it's a huge list as I'm sure you can appreciate!).

I'm currently working on the ADF simulation and RSBN. The ADF has been a lot of work as the system in the L-39 is perhaps the most complex ADF system you will find on any aircraft. Again, I will have a detailed list of features of this system when it is fully implemented - it will blow your mind. ;)

That is all from me - we'll post as and when we have something. :thumbup:

Best regards,

Tango.

Edited by Tango
  • Like 1

Hi everyone,

Quick update from me: you may or may not have seen the huge systems list I produced for the C-101, detailing the fidelity in the systems. As I'm sure you can appreciate, the L-39 will be no exception in this regard (remembering that the list is not exhaustive).

We are not done with the systems development yet, so I will leave the final list until we are at such a point that I can comfortably post such details (it's a huge list as I'm sure you can appreciate!).

I'm currently working on the ADF simulation and RSBN. The ADF has been a lot of work as the system in the L-39 is perhaps the most complex ADF system you will find on any aircraft. Again, I will have a detailed list of features of this system when it is fully implemented - it will blow your mind. ;)

That is all from me - we'll post as and when we have something. :thumbup:

Best regards,

Tango.

Great news, Tango. Thanks a lot. Can You share some info about how sounds will be made or recorded? Thank You.

I have to say that this is the aircraft I'm looking forward the most.

+1

:thumbup:

| CPU: Intel I7 4820K@3.9GHz | GPU: ASUS GTX780 | MOBO: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme

| RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 @1600 | PSU: Coolermaster v850 | OS: Windows7 x86_64|

Thrustmaster Warthog; OE-XAM collective; CH Pedals; CH control panel.

Thanks for the update! :thumbup:

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."