F-15 Bear Trap mission 1 - noob help

chembleton

Hi all.

Recently returned to this game series after a long time away from Lock On, years ago.

Anyway, I'm having some frustrating problems with the first mission in the Bear Trap mission 1.

I patrol all the waypoints as required and get told to return to base. I land and taxi to the parking area. I shutdown the engines.

I press ESC to quit the mission, go through the debriefing screen, then back to the campaign screen, click next and I'm back at mission 1 again.

Time and time again.

What on earth am I doing wrong?

Please help!

Cheers.

I suppose you are not getting the Mission successful message at the end. Or are you?

I did not have this problem and I even did not have to land to get it.

If you are getting the message then something odd must be with the mission log. For example it does not write your progress due to file protection on your HDD? That's just a wild guess here.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

I haven't done this mission but I had a look at the mission in the editor - I assume you are calling in the SEAD strike via the radio comm's menu once you start your TARCAP? Once the SEAD element destroys the target that should be enough to trigger a success for this mission. Haven't tried it though in game, just looked at how the mission was designed in the editor.

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

• 3 months later...

I've had the same problem. I've flown this mission at least 10 times and no matter what I never get the "mission successful" message. This is the first mission in the F-15C campaign where you fly the FAM flight with Wags as your copilot. I also had an interesting bug the last time I flew it where he told me to contact ATC and land after the second waypoint. I didn't mind since the mission is kind of boring anyway, but I can't get past it. No fun flying a FAM flight repeatedly and not getting to move on.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem, I think maybe I'm parking in the wrong place? (I parked it back where I found it).

That video is not useful at all, he runs out of runway and gets stuck in the grass (and does not get mission complete, but the next video is somehow mission 2 anyway).

Yeah, I love Bunyap's videos and find them enjoyable and informative usually. However, that video (or two) didn't really help. I managed to "land" off the runway several times and didn't get a mission complete. I've taxied to 8 different parking spots including the one I started in and that didn't help. I was hoping someone had found a definitive answer on this, but I guess I'll just avoid playing the F15C missions some more.

Chonker, I'm glad you got it to work. I no longer have the patience to spend another half hour or so flying in a circle only to find that I still don't get to advance to mission 2.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

So I decided to finally fly the F-15c campaign, I've been meaning to for ages. Sure enough I'm also getting this problem. It also happened when I first got FC3 and quickly tried the first mission also now I think about it. I did everything by the book, flew to all of the waypoints, landed, parked up pretty much where I started and turned everything off but no mission successful notification. Weirdly, my wingman then landed and proceeded to park elswhere in a hanger that opened up for him. I resterted my engines and followed him and promptly got bogged down on the taxi ways that aren't actually there.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Is there a specific place you need to park? What actually triggers mission successful?

It wouldn't bother me too much but it seems you can't advance without completing? If I try to load the F-15c campaign up again it just takes me to the same mission...

Cheers.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

This seems to happen with a lot of DCS missions. It's very difficult to know what counts as "success". I've been re-flying mission 4 (5? The one where you push the sead package into SA11's) in the F15 campaign over and over without any luck. I even strafed the enemy airfield a few times just to be sure, but still nope.

In the end it seems the best bet is to hack the game files when you feel like you've done a mission successfully, since I doubt ED will ever actually fix/improve the campaigns.

• 2 years later...

If anyone has a problem with this issue 2 years later, the mission is not bugged; you need to fly the waypoints exactly:

Rustavi: 2

Soganlug: between 2 and 3

Tblisi: 3

Kaspi: 4

Gori: 5

Kashuri: 6

West: 7

East: 8

Final: 9

If you don't get text messages for any of these, fly back to the listed waypoint until you do. You won't screw up the mission by flying too slow or too fast, and its success has nothing to do with you landing or parking, only navigating through your waypoints properly.

Note that your waypoints cycle when you hit them. Except for Soganlug, which is between waypoint 2 and 3, all other "victory" zones are directly on your waypoints, so if you hit them, you will get a mission success.

This seems to happen with a lot of DCS missions. It's very difficult to know what counts as "success".

In the end it seems the best bet is to hack the game files when you feel like you've done a mission successfully, since I doubt ED will ever actually fix/improve the campaigns.

All problems in the missions of this campaign (English version) have been addressed and fixed in DCSW 1.5x since mid 2016 and should work as advertised, barring any new issues recently.

You can also download the updated missions from the DCS user file sections with a changelog of fixes applied to each mission if you have a different localized version (ie: Russian, etc) with out the corrections.

Following the instructions given in the briefs, and any radio commands on route is all that is need to succeed in any mission.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

If anyone has a problem with this issue 2 years later, the mission is not bugged; you need to fly the waypoints exactly:

Rustavi: 2

Soganlug: between 2 and 3

Tblisi: 3

Kaspi: 4

Gori: 5

Kashuri: 6

West: 7

East: 8

Final: 9

If you don't get text messages for any of these, fly back to the listed waypoint until you do. You won't screw up the mission by flying too slow or too fast, and its success has nothing to do with you landing or parking, only navigating through your waypoints properly.

Note that your waypoints cycle when you hit them. Except for Soganlug, which is between waypoint 2 and 3, all other "victory" zones are directly on your waypoints, so if you hit them, you will get a mission success.

oh well... to late, i already gave up on it lol.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10