Whats a good mic/headset for TS3?

I like the Sennheiser headphones/headsets. I have the PC363D which is a 7.1 headset, however, even their 2-channel headsets maybe are a bit cheaper.

The build quality and the audio quality as well as the mic are very good. No complaints from my side so far.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

If you still want to use external speakers for sound, I'd highly recommend using a Bluetooth earpiece headset. I use the Plantronics M165 and it works great in TS; you can send all incoming TS audio to the headset, and use the mic to transit, and thereby keep the TS audio stream entirely separate from the rest of the game audio. Also makes it easier to customize volumes, as you can control TS volume separate from everything else.

I use a USB headset with a mic and 1 earpiece. I fly with all sounds on the PC speakers while directing all TS3 voice comms through the headset.

This keeps nearby children from hearing any profanity from the other people while allowing me to have the game engine audio in high quality surround.

This type of USB headset is generally low in price but provide good quality for voice only.

The only downside is if you run a game with built in comms. Some of them don't allow you to separate the audio into more than one sound device.

I recently purchassed an Asus ROG Vulcan ANC and I'm tremendously happy with it. It does cost a bit (payed €99.90 for mine) but I think it's well worth it, it only have virtual 7.1, but I think it's really good virtuall surround. Can be Jack Plugged or USB (has to be USB to use the virtual surround and amplifier features) but it's still a great when used as a stereo jackplugged headset. ANC works eigher way but has need of an AA batery in the headset it self.

The reason this solf for me however, is that my kids kept destroying all my headsets, granted they were cheap ones but at the rate they were going... , this headset comes it a nice protective case but the big plus for me it that the wire disconects on the headset it self (the microphone does too) wich I allways do even when briefly leaving my desk so as not to give my toddler any chance of yanking the wire and knoking the headset to the floor, like he used to. He also did that with my warthog throttle once (not a dent on it to my sinking hearth's surprise) but that's a whole diferent story and I digress. The great part is that the disconnecting wire makes it repleaceble and for me with all the tumblings to the floor previous headsets took, with hearpieces coming apart and beeing put back toguether. In the end it was allways the wiring that killed them.

• 2 weeks later...

I use my Sony Gold PS3 wireless headset and it works great for Teamspeak. No driver needed, which amazed me. Plug and play and great sound and the Mic picks up brilliantly.

New Rig: Win 7 Home, EVGA x99 Classified, i7-5820K, ZOTAC GTX 980 Amp! Omega, 16GB 2600MHz Corsair Quad Channel RAM, Sandisk Extreme Pro 490 GB SSD, EVGA Supernova 850 G2 PS : Hotas Cougar, CH Fighter Stick, Pro Pedals, Cougar MFD's, CH Throttle Quadrant

• 1 year later...

HyperX Cloud II Headset

New purchase, $100.00 plus tax. Seems to work very well.

When used with the included USB dongle, by default the headset is the 'Default Communication Device', while HDMI audio output (in my case) is the 'default Audio Device'. This allows for airplane sounds to emanate from the HDMI Monitor speakers, while the Teamspeak 3 audio comes from the headset.

If you want all audio to live in the headset, you go to 'sounds' in Control Panel and click on the HyperX 7.1 'default Communication Device' and it then becomes the 'default Audio Device'. This works for me on both a Windows 7 machine as well as a Windows 10 machine. Clicking again reverts back to the default.

When you plug in the USB dongle the driver software is automatically loaded from the dongle itself. Apparently the dongle is a 7.1 sound card and includes volume controls for both the speaker audio and the mic audio.

Pretty Cool ...

jda8818

I got the hyper x II cloud aswell. I like it, its comfy enough and has a metal construction in the headband, and good mic, good noise cancellation. Its a quality product for the price.

I have a wireless sony headset too, its nice but having to recharge got annoying (unless you get a fairly long usb cord to charge with), but its great for the couch.

Edited by Weedwacker

I picked up a Turtle Beach PX22 at Best Buy for 50.00...ce features and comfortable

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.