Looking for Mod to See Clearer using MP

DieHard

(talking to myself again...)

Found this mod for the P-51 searching the "Users Files" directory filter:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/270020/

This has a ReadMe file that explains what it is.

I will play with this and see how it goes.

My best monitor resolution is 1920 x 1080 and I bet a higher resolution does make a better difference spotting a bogey. My monitor is 3D but I do not use the stereoscopic view; guess it is time to try it out in Multiplayer.

-+-

Anybody else have other ideas or links?

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, there are already a couple of recent threads scattered all over the forum, covering target visibility issue. The guys post their custom label settings, but I didn't have time to test them all so far. I still haven't made my mind whether I should keep on trying to loose my poor, strained eyesight while staring at the monitor like an idiot or should I give up and turn labels on :D. Will investigate different mods and settings during weekend.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Yeah, I know I read it somewhere and probably within the FW-190's forum, but dang it I can't remember where I read it and I have been looking for it several hours.

Well, I have something to play with. Only interested in using this in Multiplayer, if it even will work.

I read somewhere here, I think this forum, one guy has a 4 foot wide monitor to help him find the bogies easier.

Thanks.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check World, P-51 and WWII forum sections, the other threads should be there. As far as MP is concerned, I've got mixed feellings about labels stuff. You can fiddle with their settings and get used to them all day long, but then you log on server like DoW, with labels turned off for everybody, and there goes all your hard work :D.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Yeah, right!

I found the message I was looking for in the P-51 forums. And found more stuff related to labels and its .lua file, using Google.

There was a pretty good MP server up for awhile, but not currently, that used some mod he added that made looking out of cockpit as good as any good, clear day I ever saw in real life. I think Merlin likes his server to be poor visibility because he wants it difficult to find the enemy. I find better results staying low in the hills, looking up against the sky as to better contrast conditions. The Fockewulf is great at climbing quickly in the lower altitudes. Gotta' be careful at that, as not much energy state being low.

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I find having specs polishing as part of my pre-takeoff checklist helps a lot :) :)

+1. Definitely include in your start up routine. :thumbup:

I must admit to having tried wearing sunglasses once to reduce the glare from looking towards the sun all the time, couldn't see a thing inside the cockpit....

Yeah, right!

I found the message I was looking for in the P-51 forums. And found more stuff related to labels and its .lua file, using Google.

There was a pretty good MP server up for awhile, but not currently, that used some mod he added that made looking out of cockpit as good as any good, clear day I ever saw in real life. I think Merlin likes his server to be poor visibility because he wants it difficult to find the enemy. I find better results staying low in the hills, looking up against the sky as to better contrast conditions. The Fockewulf is great at climbing quickly in the lower altitudes. Gotta' be careful at that, as not much energy state being low.

Thanks.

Merlin doesn't want to make it difficult.. it simply is difficult. There is a difference.

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

+1. Definitely include in your start up routine. :thumbup:

I must admit to having tried wearing sunglasses once to reduce the glare from looking towards the sun all the time, couldn't see a thing inside the cockpit....

Ha, Ha! Good one!

Real sunglasses?

I tried that once to reduce eye strain and headaches but I could see worse out of cockpit. Eye strain I use eye drops for dry eyes.

I run my Options\System in DCSW of the unnecessary glitter set to low or turned off which has helped to see out better. And I am getting better finding the enemy aircraft.

Yeah, right, get the crud off my eye glasses and spit left overs off my monitor screen. Was chasing that old spit dot for quite awhile until I realized it was not an enemy aircraft...

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you tried disabling AA (anti-aliasing)? It doesn't look pretty, but faraway objects become much sharper that way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator