More FC3 level planes?

Knubinator

So it's not a question that there is huge demand for things like the Phantom, Thud, Tomcat, etc.

So since we can't realistically have high fidelity sims, why not have SFM planes in the interim? I can see this making it simple, especially for planes that would otherwise require multicrew like the Phantom and Tomcat. I would gladly throw money at more jets, especially if they were carrier jets.

i7 4790k @ 4.4, 32GB RAM, RX480 GTR

I fly it all.

So it's not a question that there is huge demand for things like the Phantom, Thud, Tomcat, etc.

So since we can't realistically have high fidelity sims, why not have SFM planes in the interim?... I would gladly throw money at more jets, especially if they were carrier jets.

SFM = scripted carrier landings

What is the point of that.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well the SU33 isn't scripted on carrier landing, is it? Why can't we have something similar, but an American jet?

Su-33 carrier landing is heavily scripted...you can land it safely well out of any reasonable landing parameter regarding vertical and horizontal spped and angle...Its lieke a magnet that glues the plane to the deck, nothign that simulates the arrestor hook and cables.

Su-33 carrier landing is heavily scripted...you can land it safely well out of any reasonable landing parameter regarding vertical and horizontal spped and angle...Its lieke a magnet that glues the plane to the deck, nothign that simulates the arrestor hook and cables.

I hadn't even thought about that. But, though it pains me to say it, is almost be willing to suffer it to get more planes on boats.

Granted, they fixed the whole issue with aircraft bring on moving ships.

i7 4790k @ 4.4, 32GB RAM, RX480 GTR

I fly it all.

I hadn't even thought about that. But, though it pains me to say it, is almost be willing to suffer it to get more planes on boats.

Granted, they fixed the whole issue with aircraft bring on moving ships.

ED is currently upgrading all FC3 Planes one by one to AFM or PFM level so why should one consider to do a backflip and a step back. currently the only planes left with SFM are Mig29, Su-27 and Su-33. SU-27 AFM is already in progress.

The FC3 AC thing is from the times back then as FC3 was a standalone game. It was ment to be a game with some "semi difficult" ACs to have fun with. Now that ED has FC3 and DCS World brought together they don't need that "semi" stuff anymore.I understand your wish but I think thats not what ED wants, they want "cool", hard and as close to real simulated ACs and not a bunch of semis to cover all ACs that are around :D

I don't mind the simple systems model, but I prefer the advanced flight models.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Nope - it's the fidelity that I like - both system and flight model.

I'd prefer few high fidelity planes over many mediocre ones, and I love it if DCS could bring the system modelling of the current FC3 planes up to DCS level.

I doubt that will happen, but few things would make me happier than to get a modernized variant of the SU-25 (the SM?) modeled to DCS level

I would like more FC3 level aircraft especially bombers like the tu22 or the su24. I think that that level of flight model is a great stepping stone for the more advanced stuff. Kinda like wow these aircraft are fun now I want to try the hard out stuff. Plus more money to the devs if they can do some faster

I would like more FC3 level aircraft especially bombers like the tu22 or the su24. I think that that level of flight model is a great stepping stone for the more advanced stuff. Kinda like wow these aircraft are fun now I want to try the hard out stuff. Plus more money to the devs if they can do some faster

Agreed, large bombers would be cool and don't need the fidelity the fighters need.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ED is currently upgrading all FC3 Planes one by one to AFM or PFM level so why should one consider to do a backflip and a step back. currently the only planes left with SFM are Mig29, Su-27 and Su-33. SU-27 AFM is already in progress.

Where did you find a current list of which ones have which flight models? I thought I remembered reading it somewhere, but I don't remember if it was current or if it was outdated. Thanks!

Where did you find a current list of which ones have which flight models? I thought I remembered reading it somewhere, but I don't remember if it was current or if it was outdated. Thanks!

Probably in one of Wags posts, although, many of us could have produced that list off of the top of our heads. It is correct.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Agreed, large bombers would be cool and don't need the fidelity the fighters need.

What makes you say that? Tactical bombers like the Su-24 especially fly quite a bit like a fighter would.

On the subject of FC3 level planes, I wouldn't mind less detailed models for aircraft that aren't possible to simulate at DCS level. I want AFM for all of them though as a bare minimum. Along with that, I strongly want a clickable cockpit. It does a lot for immersion and is practical for a few things (though admittedly, without ASM you can pretty much put everything on HOTAS).

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Yes. That would be the one I was thinking of.

I prefer ASM because its less binding and memorizing keypress combinations.

COMPLETELY agree. And knowing there's a clickable button/switch to do everything you need to do in the cockpit makes the sim easier to get into in my opinion. Assign a few obvious commands to the stick, hop in the plane/helicopter, start pushing buttons, flicking switches, see what happens.

I can appreciate the additional complexity in developing ASM though, they kind of have to go most of the way to make every button/switch actually do something.

Agreed. Need a F-16!

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see what's wrong with the introduction of more fc3 level aircraft. Especially if they can be developed into pfm's later on. The development time would be drastically reduced, the developer would have a source of income while developing the pfm, (I would gladly pay $40 for a fc3 level f-8 crusader if I knew it would be developed further in time) and the punter would have a larger selection of aircraft. While we all would prefer a highly advanced flight model the wait for certain aircraft, f-18, f-16, for some is a matter of much debate on these forums.

Edited by rubblebeam

Good Grief