f15c drag cute dose not work

SONofHORUS

hi every one noobie hear :)

i have a problem with landing i just cant seem to do it i can just about get my f15 back on the ground but my cute will not deploy and i end up shooting off the runway can plaese some one help me oh and is there a f16 from DCS?? cos i just love that jet :)

The F-15 does not have a drag chute. How fast are you landing?

From the manual.

Landing

On final approach, set on-speed for 20-22 units AOA. At the flare point, smoothly retard the throttles to IDLE and reduce rate of descent so as to finish the flare at 0.75 - 1.0 meter above ground. At 0.75 - 1.0 meter above ground, take an attitude for a cushioned landing on the two main wheels.

Raising nose too high up to 22 units AOA in the flare may cause a hard landing and engine ground contact. After touchdown, maintain directional control by pedals. Raise the nose to approximately 13º pitch attitude to achieve aerodynamic braking.

Aerobraking is highly effective at airspeeds above 90 knots. Flaps should remain down as they also provide increased aerodynamic drag.

When airspeed is reduced below 90 knots, smoothly touch down with the nose wheel and if necessary use normal braking.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

i dont know i dont know how to read the instruments i am a il2 player and have just started playing DCS

I would start with the manual then.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

There is one. Did you buy the F-15 or Flaming Cliffs 3?

Either way, if you use do a search inside the game folder for PDF files, you will find all of the manuals.

Not sure how well il-2 models the aerodynamics, but if you're switching from a reasonably accurate WW-II sim to the DCS jets, be aware that an accurately modelled prop acts as a gigantic airbrake when you throttle down on approach.

Turbofan engines do not provide the same braking effect, and the difference can take some getting used to.

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.