Trigger Basics not working

So I have been having trouble getting triggers to work reliably. I was trying to get a unit to spawn after death of another and for a long time it wouldn't work so I deleted the old units and started from scratch which seemed to work.

Now I'm trying to get the trigger of an exploding unit to work (mission start, Time More 5, explode unit 100) but its not working. is there something I may be doing wrong? I selected the right unit? Please help.

Windows 10

Intel Core i5 4670k CPU 3.4 GHz

16GB RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

TrackIR 4

How about explaining how you are doing it.

so I create a unit like an apc or something. next I open "set rules for trigger." Then I create the type of trigger, select mission start for type and name the trigger. Then, I select condition to be time more (5). Next I select the action Explode Unit, set volume to 100 and then select unit that is exploding. Then I save and open mission and nothing happens.

Windows 10

16GB RAM

TrackIR 4

Change it to "once" instead of mission start. The mission start triggers are only assessed the moment a mission starts, which is time 0. So your condition will never be true.

This page might explain it a little better: http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/Mission_Editor:_Trigger_Basics

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Change it to "once" instead of mission start. The mission start triggers are only assessed the moment a mission starts, which is time 0. So your condition will never be true.

This page might explain it a little better: http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/Mission_Editor:_Trigger_Basics

Yup. that did it. Thanks!

Windows 10

16GB RAM

TrackIR 4