Australian pilots

tromac2010

Hi all,

I know we have a good portion of virtual pilots that live in Australia/New Zealand. I'm curious as to where everyone flies online? Up till recently I was co-leader of an Arma group for four years but retired due to waning interest in Arma and the politics. But now I'm thinking of a new project.

Cheers,

Tro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I fly where there are players (and acceptable ping) _ my challenge is finding servers that have the settings I like. I don't want to sound like saying "full switch or nothing" but I prefer to fly where there are no icons, no map icons, and no external views (unless it's the aerobatics server).

We have a group of Australian and NZ players with a dedicated server. Look out for the AEF server. Check out my sig for more info. Cheers.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Tromac,

Although we are in a US based group- the 229th- we have an Australian and kiwi based helo company (C/229) that fly regularly, although we are a "HueY" organization, we have been neglecting that lately and fly everything anyway, especially the latest Sabre and Dora. The link is underneath my Sig.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Tromac from OCB?

AEF is a great Australian server and usually the only one that's constantly online and regularly filled with players.

I have ~250 ping to the US servers such as 104th but it's never caused any problems for me or other players.

Good luck

Just out of curiosity, is there a standard "big night"?

Sundays were always a big night for ArmaII, and I remember Sundays and Tuesdays generally had a few dudes (and dudettes?) playing, but the few times ive been on in the last few months it was very quiet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately AEF tend to only play on full noob mode and on the playground map that pretty much has no sense of PvP, that and most of their missions are heavily bias in favor of NATO forces.

That said I am in contact with AEF and we (My little group of peoples) occasionally organise Face Off missions. It is a red vs blue arrangement designed as if it was real, depending on numbers we usually have 1 ground commander and 1 air commander on each side who's job is to coordinate ground forces and airforce respectively, and the rest are pilots.

Usually mission design stays true to aircraft type to side - Red=Russian aircraft, Blue=NATO.

It is a passworded server and server settings are set to full simulation, all pilots must be on TS and coms is relatively ~strict-ish but not at the expense of fun, we talk shite but try not to clutter coms up too much.

As we have issues finding numbers I'm sure we can arrange something if you so desire.

Generally looking for people that can fly any DCS or FC3 aircraft without hand holding. However if your'e new AEF have plenty of training sessions and have friendly, knowledgeable instructors that would help anyone wanting to learn.

If interested send us a PM, Next Face Off mission is scheduled for 13/9/2014

Edited by OB1

• 1 month later...

However if your'e new AEF have plenty of training sessions and have friendly, knowledgeable instructors that would help anyone wanting to learn.

Hi,

I'm an Ozzie living in rural Vic. I played with KA-50 a lil bit previously but am very keen to get into the F-15.

I am moving house soon but in a week or so I will have my sim pit setup and would love to be a part of some training sessions.

Hi,

I'm an Ozzie living in rural Vic. I played with KA-50 a lil bit previously but am very keen to get into the F-15.

I am moving house soon but in a week or so I will have my sim pit setup and would love to be a part of some training sessions.

PMing, :pilotfly:

+

Next Face Off mission = 18/10/2014

I'm in a similar boat. Living in QLD sunshine coast.

I can fly most of the DCS modules relatively effectively.

I'm also moving house, next week, so I'll have my gear back up and running soon after.

Hoping to see more competitive Aussie action online in the DCS world.

...Sheila rides on crashing nightingale. Intake eyes leave passing vapor trails...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...