Missions with equipment dropping?

Has anyone found any good missions where you are tasked with more than general troops drops?

I'm specifically interested in dropping vehicles, ammunition, sappers, special forces, mechanics, or any other special units. I love the idea of dropping off sappers to destroy a bridge or lay mines in an area. Special forces hiding in buildings then ambushing passing vehicles. I'm sure there are lots of things that could be done.

Unfortunately, all of the DCS vehicles seem way too big to be carried by the Mi-8. But I think carrying ammunition, spare parts, or other equipment would be a reasonable tasking. It's a shame we dont have light jeeps with support weapons or something that we could fly around.

Right now, I'm looking for ways to make the Mi-8 feel more a part of missions, instead of a disconnected unit that makes for an easy target for the enemies.

Has anyone found any good missions where you are tasked with more than general troops drops?

Slingload (for example for cargo) not yet implemented in actual beta but I hope it will be.

312x450_q75.jpg russian-mi-8-helicopter.jpeg

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

There is a mp mission called Gori valley which uses mist. This has you picking up vehicles with mi-8 the concept is good but is very system intensive. Iirc a updated version is available and perhaps the relevant bits can be used to create a smaller sp mission. Check it out in mission thread.

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great! Thx for the info c. Yoyo, can't wait for the sling.

I have basic reloading working in my mission now. I still need to figure out adding weight etc, but I can 'reload' a Shilka to activate it and allow CA players to control it. Kinda cool.

'Reload' sounds indeed very interesting. beside the supply of remote artillery-batteries or similar with ammo i could imagine a scenario like field refueling for a tank platoon as shown in this vid with a mi-26:

http://pilot.strizhi.info/videos/smotr/Mi-26TZ.wmv (at about 10:00).

And if this by would have a real impact on the whole operation it would be really great.

This by Airwar is pretty good, plenty to keep you occupied

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/431053/

There was also a nice mission where you had to ferry special ammo to a gun battery. One where you had to drop sand and cement to stop a nuclear reactor from leaking radiation.

Anti submarine warfare by IIRC Mbot

A good search of userfiles and the mission and campaign repository will unearth some gems:thumbup:

Slazi what about letting us try your reload missions. I used triggers to add cargo weight which worked well, dont take too much or you land like a meteor :)

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'll let you give it a try once it's in a playable state. I sometimes put a multiplayer server up, but I really need to be threre to explain what isn't working properly :)

I need to research the trigger functions, and other people's missions. Never enough time!