Just some simple question from a new member...

Sharkh

Hello Everyone!

I recently started to play DCS:World and I have to say Its fantastic. (my last played real combat simulator was falcon 3.0). I only have the F-15c module yet but I already have at least 15hour flight time with it I can safely land kill easy enemy planes I have learnt using the radar etc. But I have a few simple question maybe someone can help with it.

1. I have only played the generated fast missions my settings is always the same I only change the opponent plane types and It seems every time my F-15c got a different "paintjob". Is there any way I can set one I like or why is it random I have no idea yet.

2. I am a bit confused about this module (F-15c) I know there are different complexity ones I know this one doesn't have clickable cockpit like A-10c but I read its AFM somewhere at this forum I read it might be PFM or hardcore version or its only in progress. So now is this module really AFM or PFM now or will be? I found it a bit "easy" to fly I mean I could land safely for the first time even though It was a hard landing( My descending rate was too much) but the plane didn't have a scratch. So its only that the F-15 a well built durable and easy to fly beast :) or its that this module have a bit less realistic behaviour compared to the "exclusive" ones?

3. Do you know about any plan for future "full" release of any version of the F-15 with clickable cockpit?

4. Next to the F-15c module at the DCS:World game menu I see the "beta" tag does that mean that not every funcion of the plane are implemented yet?

5. Is there any addon to view the "replay tracks" with better options like rewind and camera options to make good videos? Or the mechanic how it works does not make it possible?

Ahh and some minor annoyance I can live with but maybe some of you know how to fix it.

The character profile is not working properly it doesn't save anything under my F-15c tab.

At the cockpit the fuel indicator of the additional fuel tanks seems always stuck at the max value.

And I have some problems with the flaps they sometimes set to the base position randomly after I pull the landing gear up and sometimes they stay down so after take off they seems to behave a bit randomly and I have to check the indicator a lot at take off whats going on. Is this normal?

Sorry I wanted to make this a bit shorter. :)

A big thanks in advance!

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

As far as landings go, I think the F-15 is just that easy to land. I find the F-15, F-86 and A-10 are extremely stable and easy to land. Don't think it has anything to do with the flight model.

I believe there was a third party working on a clickable cockpit for an F-15E but seems like the project has gone silent. I know ED is working on a clickable F/A-18.

DCS planes have really long betas. Honestly, even the "non-beta" planes are in constant development. If you really want a plane, I would get it regardless of beta status. Though yes, it implies there may be some major features not fully ironed out.

Not sure about the fuel. Been a few weeks since I last flew the F-15. Might be a new bug but I definitely recall the gauge moving.

The character profile thing is a recent bug. Noticed it myself. Will probably get fixed soon.

Flaps have always been consistent for me. Make sure you don't have other mapped controllers that are unwittingly dropping your flaps.

Replays are iffy in DCS and they sometimes play back incorrectly. I know the mission editor has a menu option for converting your replays to videos but never really played with it yet. You can look into that.

1. I have only played the generated fast missions my settings is always the same I only change the opponent plane types and It seems every time my F-15c got a different "paintjob". Is there any way I can set one I like or why is it random I have no idea yet.

^^^ Now this is something I'd like to know as well. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com