Server capacity may be limited at the moment. Please, try again later

sniperwolfpk5

I am getting this error while updating to 1.2.10 version. I am trying different thing from last 7 days to update to 1.2.10 version but without any luck.

I tried different methods to solve this problem.

• I repaired my game. but still same error.
  • Deleted _download folder. still same error.
  • Deleted DCS folder from tmp location. still same error
  • Tried to rename entry.lua with no luck
  • copy entry.lua file to _download folder to the same location
  • I use dcs updater from start menu.
  • Turn off antivirus but without any luck

I also attached three files.

1. autoupdate_log.txt
  2. autoupdate.cfg
  3. error.png (Error screen that appears during update)

These are some error lines from autoupdate_log

INFO : Using CDN-style download.

ERROR: size mismatch: got only 43 out of 4538 bytes for Mods/aircrafts/Flaming Cliffs/entry.lua

ERROR: size mismatch: got only 43 out of 4538 bytes for Mods/aircrafts/Flaming Cliffs/entry.lua

ERROR: 3 connection fails

ERROR: Server capacity may be limited at the moment. Please, try again later.

I am frustrated as hell. Please help me :(

autoupdate_log.txt

autoupdate.cfg

error.png.88c3e9670e5f85aba20666727c8bf44f.png

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Also delete all files in this folder (skip files that are read only when message appears):

C:\Users\Qamar\AppData\Local\Temp\

I already done that too. mentioned in my original post

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Looks like a network problem to me.

Check your network connections and see if you are having any problems with any other sites.

This link may help.

I also tried this by going to my friends house and checked but still same problem.

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Disable your Virus Scanner and Firewall and try again.

Mangled files, wrong CRC code etc... makes me think of AV trouble / or Internet Sec. Suite

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

just read you did that already, my bad :(

What happens when you redownload all the files from ED and do a complete scratch reinstall ??

Bit

• Like 1

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Thank you very much guys for your help. I solved the problem. It was causing by my antivirus it was not exiting properly and it won't let the game update. By the way for other ppl i am using Kaspersky Anti virus 6.0. At first i pause protection but that won't work then i fully exited my antivirus and that did the job.

Thx guys

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Disable your Virus Scanner and Firewall and try again.

Mangled files, wrong CRC code etc... makes me think of AV trouble / or Internet Sec. Suite

Bit

Yeap that is actually the solution. Actually i tried every possible way that come to my mind from last 7 days. I did disable my antivirus but it don't work. After exiting my antivirus it did the trick

:)

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Hi,

I got the same error message if my security software (KIS) is active.

Turn off antivirus but without any luck

AFAIK, that is not enough (for me), I have to turn off the whole security suite to be able to upgrade DCS World.

I haven't check if I can pinpoint which part of the security soft is preventing DCS upgrade, but my advice would be not to stick with your AV "only": try and turn off other security features (such as firewalls, windows defender... and so on).

I can confirm that I got the same error as you had in my log if I forget to turn off KIS. I would disregard the file itself: it's not the issue, it's just that for upgrading to 1.2.10 I guess it's just the first file to get.

Example of my last "ooops" log:

INFO : MKDIR D:\Jeux\DCS World\_downloads\Mods/aircrafts/Ka-50/
INFO : MKDIR D:\Jeux\DCS World\_downloads\Mods/aircrafts/Mi-8MTV2/
INFO : MKDIR D:\Jeux\DCS World\_downloads\Mods/aircrafts/Uh-1H/
INFO : MKDIR D:\Jeux\DCS World\_downloads\Mods/aircrafts/Flaming Cliffs/
INFO : MKDIR D:\Jeux\DCS World\_downloads\MissionEditor/data/text/
INFO : MKDIR D:\Jeux\DCS World\_downloads\DemoMods/aircrafts/FW-190D9/Skins/
INFO : MKDIR D:\Jeux\DCS World\_downloads\DemoMods/aircrafts/FW-190D9/Skins/1/
=== Log closed.

Cheers

Az'

[edit] Cross posting... just read after posting you got it working; happy for that, and happy for confirmation security sofware (Kaspersky in particular) is the issue :)

FWIW, with KIS (not KAV), I only have to disable "general protection" (meaning all protection modules), I don't need to close the exe or something like that.

Edited by Azrayen
cross posting

spacer.png

Hi,

AFAIK, that is not enough (for me), I have to turn off the whole security suite to be able to upgrade DCS World.

I haven't check if I can pinpoint which part of the security soft is preventing DCS upgrade, but my advice would be not to stick with your AV "only": try and turn off other security features (such as firewalls, windows defender... and so on).

I can confirm that I got the same error as you had in my log if I forget to turn off KIS. I would disregard the file itself: it's not the issue, it's just that for upgrading to 1.2.10 I guess it's just the first file to get.

ERROR: Server capacity may be limited at t

Edited by sniperwolfpk5

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Hi,

=== Log closed.

Cheers

Az'

[edit] Cross posting... just read after posting you got it working; happy for that, and happy for confirmation security sofware (Kaspersky in particular) is the issue :)

FWIW, with KIS (not KAV), I only have to disable "general protection" (meaning all protection modules), I don't need to close the exe or something like that.

First pause protection of KIS and then exit it then update your game

DIY Rudder Pedals,

sniperwolfpk5, hear me out:

I have no problem for upgrading DCS World. Don't try to help me, my DCS is up-to-date, thank you very much.

When I said I had (had) the same issue, that was because I was trying to help you because I'm aware (for a long time now) of issues with Kasperky softwares. ;)

Finally, regarding your last post: As I said in my edit 2 posts earlier:

with KIS (not KAV), I only have to disable "general protection" (meaning all protection modules), I don't need to close the exe or something like that.

But again, we don't have the exact same Kaspersky software, so it's quite possible they behave a little differently :)

spacer.png

Sometimes,

depending on version & brand, it is NOT enough to "deactivate" the real-time protection service,

sometimes only complete deinstall & reboot will cure what you described. The reason is the low-level filter drivers that all real-time scanners need. Dazuko... one of the magic words in real-time protection.... nightmares ..... ;)

TBH, ALL those Virus Scanners do cause just as much trouble and cost as they try to safe you from. Keep it basic, free of charge, simple....and simple to de-re-install for any case.

After paying thousands of Euros over the years for Server and Client AV-licenses I tend to make more backups and rather risk the infection than throwing thousands against a foe I ultimately can't control anyways. Or even better, avoid MS where possible,, Mac..Linux... whenever work allows.

I'm having this same problem.I have no anti virus, running windows7 I turned off windows firewall and turned off windows defender,restarted computer,still no luck.im at version 1.2.7.23803 trying to update to 1.2.10.

any advise would be much appreciated.

I'm having this same problem.I have no anti virus, running windows7 I turned off windows firewall and turned off windows defender,restarted computer,still no luck.im at version 1.2.7.23803 trying to update to 1.2.10.

any advise would be much appreciated.

You don't need to restart your system. What i think it is your antivirus. Windows defender is your antivirus. You need to turn windows defender off. First pause the protection and then quit windows defender. then try to update your game.

I was facing issue from 1.2.8 and then same issue on 1.2.9. I am not sure if the trick will work for version 1.2.7. But i am confident if you get same error then this is caused by protection system (antivirus, mailware etc)

DIY Rudder Pedals,