More modern aircraft PLEASE!

Axemanh1

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

An undefined Concept and Direction though, respectfully in my opinion! Enough said!

Undefined? Because ED doesnt share a road map with you, you think its undefined? That is your opinion of course, and everyone, as you said, is entitled to an opinion.... no matter how wrong it is ;)

Of course, you are right, ED should have a narrow focus and not appeal to a larger audience, perfect business plan ;)

If they are capable of doing more than one thing at a time, why not? Would you rather wait all this time and ED not release anything while we wait for the F-18C? I am glad we are seeing other options to fly while we wait, I am also glad they we are included on the core changes as they happen...

Anyways, its an opinions thread... and its hard to change peoples opinions, specially in a flight sim forum. But we will see, maybe in 6 months, or this time next year... what everyone is feeling...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I'd like more modern planes, but I would honestly rather have an Me-262 than an F/A-18!

good chances we gonna have both one day.

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

+1 Thats right we all have opinions!

I also suggest that people read the thread from top to bottom carefully, because most just reply without carefully reading the Thread.

*** Unfortunately, DCS concept from the original has been changed since WAGS post was made not to long ago in 2012.

That same posts mention no specific historical era. The starting point hardly matters, though for what it's worth ED has basically been modern focused from the beginning.

P-51 was a side project that ended up getting released. I don't think there is much to complain about there. Development spent on it achieved whatever goals ED set out to achieve, it was the first DCS fighter (and fighters are something many have asked for) it's an iconic plane and it's from an interesting era.

After that ED began work on the F-18. Yes there are the WWII aircraft, but that was a takeover for a 3rd party dev. It ended up netting ED more employees and some points for customer loyalty I suppose (and WWII demand was/is fair in size).

Again OT pointless debate conversation is about......... More modern aircraft PLEASE!

Please provide solutions instead of boring arguments would be my advise.

I like the OP and I decide to join, if I wanted WWI and WWII Air Craft as a Hobby then I would buy "RISE OF FLIGHT" and be done with Forum madness.

On topic isn't just going to be agreeing that everyone in the world should focus on modern aircraft though. Dev's have made it clear that making a DCS module takes work. Originally there were all sorts of plans for F-14's, F-22's, F-15E's etc. All of these were superseded by simple trainers, and then WWII aircraft. It's because if the devs went right to the modern stuff there was the chance of failure, it taking even longer that it does now, or just running out of resources before making the finish.

Also, pointing to other existing sims and saying they solve all the problems for people disagreeing with you is non sense. Anyone could just point to FSX mods and tell those that are interested in modern fighters to go there and forget DCS. DCS is not about modern aircraft. Rise of Flight, IL-2, etc, is not DCS. I want DCS WWII sims along with other eras because I like what DCS offers and I like having everything under one common box. You might buy Rise of Flight for yourself, but that is not an acceptable answer to others. Asking for DCS WWI/II modules is a legitimate request and it's perfectly in line with ED's plans.

I also tell you as a hardcore vpilot most in community want Modern Air Craft and Theaters of WAR with heaps of Campaign and better overall Air Combat Simulation.

I can tell you that modern aircraft have far from a monopoly on people's interests. It's also not like the majority matters anyway. If the majority asks for something impossible, they get ignored and rightfully so.

Just "Google" you will soon educate yourself to a majority view!

Your claim, the burden of proof is on you.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

We have 2 props...2. We also have 2 jets (assuming you exclude FC3) and 3 helicopters. Oh god, not the helicopters. No one must have asked for those. Be grateful we're getting anything good. No one else besides DCS seem to be in to developing combat sims, so personally I am just happy for anything they're doing.

We have 1 modern aircraft. In a few weeks we have 3 props.

I secretly hope that these props only serve the purpose to finance more modern aircrafts. I bought them all so far to support ED but with the bf109 i am going to start skipping props, enought of this ww2 clutter. :D

Edited by ericoh

Last I checked the WWII server at Dow has been very very well populated in prime time . This thread hurt my brain with its myopic presumptive positions ...

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

For 20$ you can easily buy an FSX or X-plane low designed plane ;).

To be honest, if a F-18 will be released I do expect be higher than normal 49$, with a solid reason behind it.

Agreed. The amount of work required for a 4th gen+ to the high standards we all expect will likely end up being pricier than most other modules. Unless the simpler WW2 aircraft can offset the costs.

agreed the F16C and F-18E super Hornet is a must release the apache sure. But the price for the modules is a rather bit steep $20US is fair. not $40

$40 is cheap. I paid $60 for my DCS_A-10C.

Wait a couple of years after the F-18 beta release comes out, most likely it will be offered cheaper.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I paid over $100 for some of my FSX Aircraft, Which at the time had no weapons modeled.

So, $59.99 each is a great bargain for a High Fidelity Aircraft in DCS.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

agreed the F16C and F-18E super Hornet is a must release the apache sure. But the price for the modules is a rather bit steep $20US is fair. not $40

$50 is more than fair for a DCS level aircraft.

• Like 1

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

$40 is cheap. I paid $60 for my DCS_A-10C.

Wait a couple of years after the F-18 beta release comes out, most likely it will be offered cheaper.

Nice to live in wealthy country, I'm really jealous.

NO OFFENCE HERE ^ !!!

I earn 1100 and one plane cost me 161,96, pay rent life etc... It's big investment, well huh Life is Brutal right.

Can't wait for cut off. I missed the summer sale ;- (

Edited by Alladyn

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Take it from someone that has thought about why there are no DCS level fighter jets as of yet for a long time. The recent newsletter proves ED wants those that want a modern fighter to have it. It's just that they can't do nothing but work on the hornet. They work on other simpler modules to generate new income, and there is obviously a market for these other eras of aircraft. They know what's best for their business. It will just take more time.

ED-DCS F-35 A/B/C Supporter - Encouragement!

Hi all,

Even though the F-35 kickstarter failed, I would love to see in development a ED-DCS F-35 A/B/C with a LHD Carrier Ops including a F-16C Block 50/52 + B2 Spirit Bomber to be seriously reconsidered as valuable Air Craft projects for the Future EDGE project release especially for "REDFLAG Joint Tactical Operations / Exercises" in the NTR MAP with the Cortex Designs F/A-18E Super Hornet with a CVN77 Carrier Ops! smilewink.gif :thumbup:

I mean look at this......:shocking:Wow:shocking:......someone has gone and made a F-35 home built cockpit.............

I really like that!

VIPERWING F-35 Home Cockpit

F-35-cockpit-simulator-1.jpg

More Info here............... http://viperwing.com/#F-35-simulator-cockpit

AWESOME! thumbup.gif

Honestly, why cant we have a DCS F-35 ABC variant using say JBSIM FM + AFM Tool - http://jsbsim.sourceforge.net/

Then build a nice high quality 3D Full Click-able cockpit 6DOF and model like Dino Catteano's TACPAC Version....... http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/f-35-lightning-ii-version-230-limited.html

:thumbup:

Many seem to want this going by online discussions.

Why is it FSX gets everything when the "FSX Source Code" itself has reached "End of Product Life", going by developer online discussions.

I dont get it!

Instead we get all this WW1 and WW2 out of place air craft that fit what concept exactly?

I mean whats next.............. http://www.startrek-starships.com.au/ship-order.html pfffttt!

Lets get back into "Air War Combat Simulation Development + Commercial Aviation a concept that fits better into "Modern Aviation Simulations" for goodness grief! doh.gif

Seriously ED-DCS is missing out on bucket loads of ............. "$$$$COIN$$$$$"............

doh.gif

I am prepared to spend.............

MyMoney_zpsea80651e.gif

................heaps on modern Air Craft with Theaters or Global Map system.

I mean look at that awesome home pit screeny...........WoW.......... Yeah!

C'mon enough already, this has just become ridiculous why cant someone just develop the F-35 A B C, gee if Dino Catteano can, surely ED-DCS can to for those who will buy it! :smilewink: :thumbup:

Well we hope for a DCS F-35 ABC and F-16C Block 50/52 + F-18E!

realismscale_zps03d0a2d5.png

Cheers,

drinks_cheers.gif

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

ED-DCS F-35 A/B/C Supporter - Encouragement!

Hello gents,

Well "Suggestive Opinions VS Realistic Tactical Employment"! smilewink.gif thumbup.gif

I would love to see in development a ED-DCS F-35 A/B/C with a LHD Carrier Ops including a F-16C Block 50/52 + B2 Spirit Bomber to be seriously reconsidered as valuable Air Craft projects for the Future EDGE project release especially for "REDFLAG Joint Tactical Operations / Exercises" in the NTR MAP with the Cortex Designs F/A-18E Super Hornet with a CVN77 Carrier Ops! smilewink.gif thumbup.gif

Cheers,

:beer:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

+1 ....

I strongly dislike how all these WW2 modules are starting to overtake the modern aircraft... DCS is the only modern day combat sim that's worth anything these days while there are plenty of WW2 sims already...

I know there's like a hundred modules "announced" but untill i see anything released from said developers i dont beleive a word of it. So far the only dev's word i'm willing to take is BST. And i guess LN too. Kindof.

• Like 1

+1 ....

I strongly dislike how all these WW2 modules are starting to overtake the modern aircraft... DCS is the only modern day combat sim that's worth anything these days while there are plenty of WW2 sims already...

Thank You hopefully it will be as described above!

Again Thanks for Support! :thumbup:

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

• ED Team
+1 ....

Nothing is over taking the modern aircraft, the modern aircraft are more complex and take more time.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png