Uncommanded Left Roll

Avio

Just bought the F86 and noticed there is an uncommanded left roll after a while of flying. This mission is the freeflight. It started out flying straight for a while, but after some maneuvering around, the plane starts to want to roll to left on its own.

My joystick and rudder are all showing correct calibration. In fact, flying the A10C straight and nice is no problem. Similarly all my other sims like F4.0 and FSX all are okay.

Hope someone could help shed some light here. Thanks.

Avio

The F-86 needs to be trimmed depending on airspeed and the conditions you're flying in.

Make sure you are, in fact, not just forgetting to trim.

You should think of the F-86 more as a WWII fighter than as a jet fighter from the late cold war.

Also, watch your speed:

Starting at Mach 0.9, unintentional roll (wingheaviness) (to the left or to the right) manifests itself and it strengthens as the Mach number increases up to its limit values. Appearance of this wingheaviness is associated with the geometric asymmetry of half-wings and also with their unequal flexural-and-torsional load-deflection curves. The wingheaviness is accompanied by a significant decrease of the aileron effectiveness related to wave effects and wing deformation during their deflection.

Avio,

About the left roll I've found the solution, if your F-86F don't take too many G everything is OK.

If your F-86F take too many G yoy can fell this left roll.

Try to fly without acrobatic maneuver and never you met this left roll but if during your fly you are too brutal it's obligatory that's you meet this left roll.

Normal, bug, I don't know...

PS: Here I've wrote one post about this problem: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=127798

And at the post #4 and post #6 you can read that:

Here one response that I've receive from this topic:

Also what kind of maneuvering were you doing previous? It is possible that you hit very high G numbers and have damaged your plane (wing warping) I read in another thread somewhere that this is modelled with the F-86 and would cause the exact issue you are having... (And I have done it myself and can attest to the fact that if you get silly with the maneuvering you can in fact cause damage that will affect the handling adversely..)

Avio please can you give us your feebacks ?

Thanks, Skull.

Hope someone could help shed some light here. Thanks.

We need a track at the very least.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Has anyone noticed the left wing during high speed flight? it flutters really badly!! maybe this is what is inducing a left roll in high speed flight? I assume all this is in the AFM on our Sabre.

It is still the BEST beta I have ever purchased. I'm loving it, and looking forward to the next update to see what bugs they have managed to iron out and what further improvements they make to it.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I assume all this is in the AFM on our Sabre.
Why you have wrote AFM ?

If I well understand the explanation of BST the Sabre is not AFM but PFM + ASM, no ?

Anyone can confirm that ?

Has anyone noticed the left wing during high speed flight? it flutters really badly!!

That's normal in that flight regime.

If I well understand the explanation of BST the Sabre is not AFM but PFM + ASM, no ?

No, Sabre will be EFM + ASM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, Sabre will be EFM + ASM.
Hello, I know that for third party it's not PFM but EFM but for obtain one realist aircraft it's not better to have PFM than EFM ?

The other modules from BST like the Mi-8 and Huey are PFM and ASM, no ?

Thanks in advance, Skull.

Hello, I know that for third party it's not PFM but EFM but for obtain one realist aircraft it's not better to have PFM than EFM ?

As far as I understand it, PFM = EFM if the third-party Developers model it to the same standard of ED. Who knows, in some instances the third-party EFM might even exceed ED's PFM.

Bottom-Line is that the term PFM refers to ED's modules whilst EFM refers to third parties. The distinction is important in representing products to would-be buyers, especially when third-party products are sold from ED's store.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello Sir,

Thanks for your explanations because now it's more clear in my head, but for finish with my question the other modules like Mi-8 is well PFM and not EFM no ?

Thanks again, Skull.

the other modules like Mi-8 is well PFM and not EFM no ?

Strictly speaking the Mi-8 is also EFM as it is a third-part module.

However and I suppose as a result of the extra-ordinary close relationship that apparently exists between ED and the third-party Belsimtek, ED have expressly admitted that the Mi-8 is/has been developed to such a high fidelity so as to equal their own PFM standards so yes, the Mi-8 is at the very least modelled to PFM standards. I don't see them doing this (evaluating and expressly stipulating Flight Model authenticity in terms of their own terminology) for all other third-party developers and modules but we'll have to wait and see.

The Mi-8 would accordingly be a good example of EFM equalling PFM.

Edited by 159th_Viper
Felled by a Typo.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Mi-8 would accordingly be a good example of EFM equalling PFM.

Hello,

Yes you have right with the Mi-8 the EFM and PFM is the same quality.

Thanks for all your explanations, Skull.

Thanks everyone for your input. Nice to know the F-86 is well modelled.

One question is -- if the mentioned wing-flex / damaged under high-G are implemented, then why only have this effect showed up only on the left wing? Would it be more realistic to have it showed up occasionally on the right wing as well (producing a right roll)?

Would appreciate if there could be further input. Thanks.

Avio

Avio, yes it's a very good question but I don't have the answer.

Me too I cannot understand why just the left wing but maybe one other member could help us.

Bye, Skull.