DCS World Black screen on start up

montana315

Hi im new here

I have DCS world non steam installed to the latest version 1.2.10 and i cant play it because of the black screen.

when i double click on dcs world icon its loads showing the version on bottom left 1.2.10

then after black screen, no music, no error just black screen and gaming is still running in the back ground?

can anyone please help me

Welcome :)

We need a compressive list of your PC specifications as a start.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

My Specs

i7 3770k 3.5ghz

HD 7870 gigabyte Graphic card

1x 8 GB Ram DDR3

Running windows 7 Home Premium

Z77A-G45 Gaming Mother Board

1x SSD 250GB

I have ran DCS world in past fine i just format my HD and re download DCS world non steam and i get black screen after double clicking on the icon

I'd definitely recommend you installing it to the SSD in a location other than the default 'Programs' install folder. Try a temporary install to the SSD and see if that helps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd definitely recommend you installing it to the SSD in a location other than the default 'Programs' install folder. Try a temporary install to the SSD and see if that helps.

how to copy DCS directory E/DCS World/ DCS world and paste it in C drive where my SSD is

I don't want to re download DCS world Update again because i don't have enough Data

how to copy DCS directory E/DCS World/ DCS world and paste it in C drive where my SSD is

I don't want to re download DCS world Update again because i don't have enough Data

You could try that I suppose - I'm not PC-literate enough to render an informed opinion. Might be an issue with registry paths etc etc copying from one disc to another but as said, I really do not know.

Did you not keep your install files when you first downloaded them?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You could try that I suppose - I'm not PC-literate enough to render an informed opinion. Might be an issue with registry paths etc etc copying from one disc to another but as said, I really do not know.

Did you not keep your install files when you first downloaded them?

Is it possible to install DCS world from DVD into C drive then when done i just copy and paste all the dcs world files from E drive to C drive that way i have updated version pasted over the DCS world on C drive

Is it possible to install DCS world from DVD into C drive then when done i just copy and paste all the dcs world files from E drive to C drive that way i have updated version pasted over the DCS world on C drive

Like I said, I have no idea whether this will work. I'll try and get someone who knows to look at this thread. In the meantime hang tight - other forum members should hopefully also post advice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Like I said, I have no idea whether this will work. I'll try and get someone who knows to look at this thread. In the meantime hang tight - other forum members should hopefully also post advice.

I installed DCS world into C drive C/program files X86/DCS world and ran it without any updates and runs fine so i copy over DCS files from E drive to C drive and double click on the icon then a little small box pop up with a blinking line for example

http://wiki.serviio.org/lib/exe/fetch.php?w=400&media=cmd.jpg

but my says nothing in it just blinking line and it stays there about 2 sec then nothing happens so i double click it again and same thing happens again and i cant even play it now because of it

What version of DCS World do you have on DVD? Other than an old PC Pilot give away I don't recall it being distributed that way. I can forsee many possible problems doing that since there could easily be old files that will not be over written.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

What version of DCS World do you have on DVD? Other than an old PC Pilot give away I don't recall it being distributed that way. I can forsee many possible problems doing that since there could easily be old files that will not be over written.

I think DCSW Was Distributed on DVD w/ P-51D

When you copy the folder over, are you changing the shortcuts?

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I think DCSW Was Distributed on DVD w/ P-51D

I always wondered about that. Either way, it will be a very old version and installing it and then overwriting it will a later version 'might' not be a good plan.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

First thing to ask, is what is you Operating System? (be aware that DCS: World no longer supports 32bit Windows)

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

First thing to ask, is what is you Operating System? (be aware that DCS: World no longer supports 32bit Windows)

Wolf that was his second post man. 64 bit I see.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I installed DCS world into C drive C/program files X86/DCS world and ran it without any updates and runs fine so i copy over DCS files from E drive to C drive and double click on the icon then a little small box pop up with a blinking line for example

http://wiki.serviio.org/lib/exe/fetch.php?w=400&media=cmd.jpg

but my says nothing in it just blinking line and it stays there about 2 sec then nothing happens so i double click it again and same thing happens again and i cant even play it now because of it

U had it running fine then what was the "Re-Install" for? I don't understand what would make do it that way? Ur space is low on C:?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Thanks Alitalia, you could be right (I just saw Windows 7 Home Premium) but then I also see an install path of "I installed DCS world into C drive C/program files X86/DCS world", which had me asking for clarification

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667 Are U sure U have all of these up to date? Re-install if uncertain.

Sorry guys im am back now

I download DCS world from DCS world website and no problems are occurring anymore and thx for the advice you guys are given to me

above

in the past I have purchase some aircraft from the DCS website and I would like to know how would I download them without repaying the same aircraft that I already purchase from the past

some aircraft that may include like

p51

f15

uh-1h huey

etc

can anyone help me with this?

The Key will work for the World ver. of the aircraft u own. so just install when asked for the Key use the old one it will work just as it did when U first purchased it.