Project Performance Parameters On-Screen

Igor4U

I've been flying the P-51D using Instant Action (Intercept Mission) which is basically 1v1 against a Focke-Wulf 190 (Fw 190).

Since the scenario starts out in what is close to 180 out merge, the difficulty of the engagement (single monitor) is keeping the opposing aircraft in sight. To do so, I find myself using an exterior view keeping the P-51 in line of sight with the Fw 190. But this creates difficulties of its own.

Since I have no Force Feedback (and I'm not using Cockpit View), I find it difficult to tell if I'm Max Performing the Plane (or exceeding aerodynamic limits of G, and Stall Speed). I get approximate feedback in terms of how the plane is visually reacting to control inputs, but without instant access to airspeed and G-Load information, it's hard to fight that pesky Fw 190.

Now I know we can project Frame Rate Counter information on the Monitor (in upper left hand corner). My Question:

- Is there any way to project Airspeed and G-Load Data on the Screen (similiar to frame rate) ?

I'm guessing not - but figured it can't hurt to ask.

BVR

Igor4U !

Doesn't the Info Bar at the bottom of the screen (in external view only) contain that info?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks cichlidfan !

I had never noticed that before.

Still relatively new to DCSW.

Hope that helps me get a few 50 cal slugs on that Fw 190.

Cheers

BVR

Igor4U !

PS: My experience is that (without 3D Virtual Reality Goggles) Air to Air Combat is probably the hardest (but one of the most fun) thing I do with a Flight Sim

Do you own, or have you tried, TrackIR at all? It may not be Virtual Reality but it does help immensely with SA and air combat.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

The Same Key combo for the FPS brings up other info as well when pressed again (not sure of G Load is in there)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Head tracking is a must have. If trackir is prohibitively expensive check out FacetrackNoIR. Its free and works with just a webcam. PS3 eye cam is neant to be best and is dirt cheap on ebay.

Then you can use cockpit view and track other aircraft easily.