[FW 190D-9] FW190D9 Stab_SG 2 Grossenhain 1945 Sneakpreview

Mainstay

That weathering is beautiful Mainstay! If I have to nitpick it would be that the insignia on the wings looks a little too fresh and pop out against the rest of the paint which is more dull. Otherwise fantastic work!

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

WOW, just awesome :thumbup:

Mainstay the most beautiful repaint for Dora, incredible work :worthy:

I'm just impatient to see this version finish.

Congratulation again, Skull :beer:

That weathering is beautiful Mainstay! If I have to nitpick it would be that the insignia on the wings looks a little too fresh and pop out against the rest of the paint which is more dull. Otherwise fantastic work!

Thx Blaze.

Work in progress the cross has been adjusted lot of wear is being redrawn almost pixel by pixel till I feel she's out of 1945.

Edited by Mainstay

g8PjVMw.png

I have good news and bad news...

First the bad news; I lost all my layers due stupidity and i cant get em back:cry:

Now the good news ; I was almost done. Working on Normal and Spec maps right now till im satisfied. Redone all the weathering textures and dirt. Engine smoke affected the wing now aswell like it should. etc etc

eFaXwNG.jpg

CAJ4r6S.jpg

g8PjVMw.png

You got to think these things stayed nasty especially underneath considering they were being hid in forest and taking off in fields. Is the weathering too much for the top of the plane though? It's not like these planes saw years of service and I'd imagine paint deterioration on the top as being less severe considering the short time span the Dora was in service.

We are talking 1945 here. Germans almost lost the war.. short on everything.

Like you said hid in forrests and take off from dirt shes dirty.

By that time things were not nice anymore ;)

I'm mostly talking about the cracks in the paint on top of the wings and tail where no one should be walking. Great job on the skins and I love alot of the skins you fellas are producing.

I'm mostly talking about the cracks in the paint on top of the wings and tail where no one should be walking. Great job on the skins and I love alot of the skins you fellas are producing.

I see thats the light fall. Normally those cracks arent that visible.

g8PjVMw.png

I have good news and bad news...

First the bad news; I lost all my layers due stupidity and i cant get em back:cry:

Now the good news ; I was almost done. Working on Normal and Spec maps right now till im satisfied. Redone all the weathering textures and dirt. Engine smoke affected the wing now aswell like it should. etc etc

eFaXwNG.jpg

CAJ4r6S.jpg

Wow, that is amazing. I hope you can get back to this point once again. I love an extremely weathered FW190 like that. That is what I was talking about with your first skin and the pictures I sent you. Hope they helped a little. You are quite the talented skinner Sir!

S!Blade<><