Aircraft flight path on the 'Abris'

As you can see in the photo below, the 'Abris' draws a black line that indicates your aircraft's flight path. I find this feature useless for me, because it only clutters my 'Abris's' screen and nothing more. I tried disabling it, but I found no info in the Flight Manual (or maybe I just don't know how to look for stuff ;D)

attachment.php?attachmentid=103468&stc=1&d=1408899932

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to disable/reset the flight path line?

Thanks! :)

2075172323_FlightPath.thumb.jpg.cb70d089b21b7cafcd0528a797d9e0e4.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Might try asking same in the Mods folder, further down the forums listing.

Not too many guys get very deep in using the ABRIS in game.

Not related to your question, for instance, there are a couple ways to show enemy ground targets not being displayed to appear on the ABRIS, discussed in the flight manual. i have never met anybody that uses this feature other than using the overhead Datalink.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'll look at my ABRIS for you to see if I can't figure it out.

there are a couple ways to show enemy ground targets not being displayed to appear on the ABRIS, discussed in the flight manual. i have never met anybody that uses this feature other than using the overhead Datalink.

WHAT? What page?

Plus if you have a "difficult" approach into an attack position (say a very narrow corridor) you don't have to "re-invent" the route :)

This +1

Hmmm.....all in all its a feature i would miss if deactivated.:smartass:

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

Honestly,

imho this Flight Path Feature is a real gift and no punishment.

I often use it to exactly know the spot where I "HAD TO" turn around cause of "UNDER ATTACK" warnings and I can also fly back home the same way I came from if it is non-route flown.

To your original question, I simply don't know but you should rethink the value of that feature.

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Honestly,

imho this Flight Path Feature is a real gift and no punishment.

I often use it to exactly know the spot where I "HAD TO" turn around cause of "UNDER ATTACK" warnings and I can also fly back home the same way I came from if it is non-route flown.

To your original question, I simply don't know but you should rethink the value of that feature.

Bit

Believe me, I understand how valuable it is to others, but I have different methods that are also effective.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Believe me, I understand how valuable it is to others, but I have different methods that are also effective.

OK its your thing null Proplemo.

But could you explain this other methods especially in Low visibility /Bad weather Conditions i think it could be Helpfull also to other Pilots.

....Edit: Maybe you open a new thread for this cause it would be OT here.

Thanks

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

OK its your thing null Proplemo.

But could you explain this other methods especially in Low visibility/Bad weather Conditions I think it could be Helpful also to other Pilots.

....Edit: Maybe you open a new thread for this cause it would be OT here.

Thanks

For example, I zoom in with my 'Abris' so that I can see the terrain better and then I follow the contours of the terrain and let it give me points of reference like towns, roads, railroads, rivers, etc. (this doesn't always work, though). OR I use my DLINK Initial point function on the PRTz Data Link Control Panel (the upper right-hand side button) to mark an IP/Hover Point. In conjunction with the DLINK automatic ingress to target function and “АДВ” (automatic auto turn to target) I can make my KA-50 automatically fly to that point. Of course, I need to be at a certain aspect from the DLINK Initial point, but it's easy as pie :geek:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The black line is historic data about where you have been. It does not have much use in normal flight, but comes very handy when situation becomes very dynamic and you simply don't have time to mark the map yourself.

Examples:

1) You get a warning that something is lasing you from ahead of you. You have to break immediately, retreat, then scout the area from greater distance. You can use recorded path for finding the point where lasing has begun (the point where you initiated the break turn).

2) If you are fulfilling scout/FAC role in MP, you can use recorded path to guide others (make others walk in your footsteps) by reviewing that path.

The goal is to maximize time having eyes pointed to outside, rather than to the map or the buttons, which manipulate it. This is especially important when facing human controlled tanks, AAA, SAMS, because they like to change the "plan" on the fly. :D

• Like 1

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

The black line is historic data about where you have been. It does not have much use in normal flight, but comes very handy when situation becomes very dynamic and you simply don't have time to mark the map yourself.

Examples:

1) You get a warning that something is lasing you from ahead of you. You have to break immediately, retreat, then scout the area from greater distance. You can use recorded path for finding the point where lasing has begun (the point where you initiated the break turn).

2) If you are fulfilling scout/FAC role in MP, you can use recorded path to guide others (make others walk in your footsteps) by reviewing that path.

The goal is to maximize time having eyes pointed to outside, rather than to the map or the buttons, which manipulate it. This is especially important when facing human controlled tanks, AAA, SAMS, because they like to change the "plan" on the fly. :D

I always manage to set up everything (including the map and such) before entering the FEBA 

EDIT: Again, I have my own ways, you have your own ways, guys. Let's not go off topic here. If it's not possible to disable this feature, just tell me :)

Edited by CASoldier2014

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If it's not possible to disable this feature, just tell me :)

I fly Ka-50 since 2009 and have never stumbled on the way to disable "historic path" nor in manual, nor on forum, nor in flight. So, I would give 99% that you can't disable it without mod/hack. However, sometimes specific features of complex sims manage to slip through eyes of pretty big crowd, because of vague labeling or irrelevance, so I still leave 1% for doubt. :)

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

I fly Ka-50 since 2009 and have never stumbled on the way to disable "historic path" nor in manual, nor on forum, nor in flight. So, I would give 99% that you can't disable it without mod/hack. However, sometimes specific features of complex sims manage to slip through eyes of pretty big crowd, because of vague labeling or irrelevance, so I still leave 1% for doubt. :)

+1 You are right. I still have some faith left that it's possible to disable this feature, though I can fly with it - it's not a big deal. Thanks for your effort, guys! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ouch! thats true?

One more thing that demands a new chopper every time you rearm/refuel/repair.

The Ka deserves some polish as soon as possible after EDGE 2.0

Till then, we hope & pray while we fly

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Wait for the next patch.... KA50 features are regularly removed as they squash the bugs in the other modules.

Sorry for the troll. Just discovered last night the 1.2.10 removed the fuel cross feed function in my favourite chopper, so I am kinda grumpy.

Sorry i cant reproduce this...

I always fly with xfeed on ..... the 110kg left in rear tank message comes more early than.

Very usefull for long missions.

sorry ..short OT

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

• ED Team

My crossfeed function works just fine. Some long-range missions I swap out an inboard rocket pod for an external aux tank. I've flown several missions this week and using crossfeed and boost pumps, I'm still able to re-level the tanks after feeding of the aux tank.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

My crossfeed function works just fine. Some long-range missions I swap out an inboard rocket pod for an external aux tank. I've flown several missions this week and using crossfeed and boost pumps, I'm still able to re-level the tanks after feeding of the aux tank.

OK. might be my mistake then. Will try again tonight! End of OT!

I looked through the ABRIS settings, there is no way to actually remove it, like an airport or other map object. I did manage to erase the lines that had already been laid down, but then it started laying out black lines again. So, to my knowledge, there is no way to actually remove it.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612