Need a haircut?

159th_Viper

Those spectators have more courage than I do. I know that the F-16 isn't AS LOW as it seems but it's still too low for me. I wouldn't be standing under that thing lol.

Hats off to the pilot. One tiny miscalculation of the glide path at those slow airspeeds and altitudes could spell disaster for all involved. Shows the skill of the pilot and the trust that the spectators show in the pilot.

I wonder if they knew he was going to do that lol.

Someone is a *beep*ing *beep* there ... :mad:

Ok, we don't know how far the runway was at that point. If he touches down like 20 meters behind the spectators ... then the spectators are *beep*s as they were certainly not allowed to stand there.

In all other cases the pilot was just acting irresponsible. Either he was accidentally too low (then he should practice a bit more instead of flying displays) or deliberately too low (then he should practice a bit more cleaning the loo for the next 4 weeks).

Someone is a *beep*ing *beep* there ... :mad:

Ok, we don't know how far the runway was at that point. If he touches down like 20 meters behind the spectators ... then the spectators are *beep*s as they were certainly not allowed to stand there.

In all other cases the pilot was just acting irresponsible. Either he was accidentally too low (then he should practice a bit more instead of flying displays) or deliberately too low (then he should practice a bit more cleaning the loo for the next 4 weeks).

Not to be too much a stick in the mud, but...

I have to agree with Flagrum on that one... I love these kinds of things as much as the next guy, but getting THAT close to civilians under any circumstances is foolish wreckless and putting folks at risk for no good reason.. As many airshow issues as we have seen in the last decade or so, there are good reasons that airshows are generally limited to not overflying spectators and have clear lanes that they are supposed to adhere to...

So either wreckless pilot or haphazard, lacking security regarding the airstrip, either way it is an EPIC FAIL

:cry:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

I was told only last week by a friend who used to be based at RAF Waddington, that the spectators are not actually supposed to be hanging around there. There is a purpose built spectator area just up the road for plane spotters. There are warning and stop lights for traffic which operate when aircraft land there. There are also no stopping signs between the stop lights on this stretch of road.

The pilot of this and many other planes landing at waddington (there are several similar videos on youtube) are perfectly within their rights to land as they do. Its normal procedure.

I think standing there is only going to grow in popularity and will be eventually put a stop to. I've seen one person standing on a step-ladder trying to take a photo at that very location.

Regards,

Milli

I witnessed this at work :)

-rn7Ur_Zl3E

I have another version of this video at the point where it was the lowest over the crowd.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The pilot of this and many other planes landing at waddington (there are several similar videos on youtube) are perfectly within their rights to land as they do. Its normal procedure.

He should have been higher in such a small aircraft. That said, watch the AWACS at 2.20 and the Vulcan at 4.20......I think I prefer the F-16 rather than that Vulcan squatting on ma heed :megalol:

Oo23ABZkIFM

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'