[REQ] Mapping wheel brake left and right to one axis

jermin

Currently, the game only supports mapping wheel brake, left brake and right brake to one axis.

I have a pair of CH rudder pedals, but have removed the brake pots and use them as spare parts for rudder pedals.

I'd like to use the twist rudder of my MSFFB2 as a wheel brake axis. I'd like left twist to be mapped to wheel brake left and right twist mapped to wheel brake right. But currently the game doesn't allow me to set it up like this. Is there any workaround?

Is this really viable? This way you could only brake one side, but you would probably need to use both brakes simutanously, albeit with different force. For example when decellerating after landing - you want to be able to brake with i.e. 50% but need to apply a bit more or less on one side to keep you straight on the runway.

If I need to use both brakes, I could use a joystick button or W key.

But you have no fine control then. Then you only get full brakes on both sides. Or if you don't hold W but tap it constantly, you can somewhat control the braking force. The brake force builds up within 1-2 seconds, so if you release the W key earlier, you can "oscillate" the brake force at, i.e. somewhere between 40 - 60 %, but you can never really brake with constant 50%.

And then you still can not apply a little different braking force to one wheel. Like, you slow down with 50% braking force, now your aircraft moves slowly to the right. You would want to either brake left 60% and right still 50% or the other way around: left still 50% but right 40%.

With your idea, you could only stop tapping W and apply left brake 10% for the slight correction that is necessary. A guarantee for a knot in your fingers and a burning wreck at the side of the runway! :o)