Please insert disc?

Gonzxor3

I have ALL 6 files in a folder (1 .EXE and 5 BIN Files).

I tried installing it and about half way through it said I needed to insert a disc. I gave it hours to load but it just got stuck after that.

This is not the first time I have installed DCS, but it is for the computer.

I am on Windows Vista with 8GB of Ram.

What should I do :)?

I don't know what you can do... but i know windows vista has many problems of this genre....

Try to redownload the file...

Cheers:o

Bye, SU

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, GIGABYTE (AMD) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon / Realtek HD SoundCard, GIGABYTE FX-990GAUD Motherboard, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Check the file names! Are the names for the bin files ok? There are multiple dots involved... maybe check that Windows Explorer shows the extensions and you really have a .bin at the end?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Another solution were switching Windows Vista -> Windows 7 (When possible 'Professional' version) and see how it goes.

Microsoft Windows 7 'Professional':

-installable on all PCs

-49,95 € with VAT.

-Best operating system ever

-Fast and pratique installation

Try it! :D

Bye, SU

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, GIGABYTE (AMD) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon / Realtek HD SoundCard, GIGABYTE FX-990GAUD Motherboard, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Why professional? For the domain join?

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Because i use it and never had problems.

Professional is the only System that provides a interface for home use and also for the job.

(in fact it is the most powerful of the -7 systems)

I recommend it @ 64Bit

SU25

Bye, SU

Yes, agree on 64-bit, but there is little more to the professional vs. Windows HomePremium, than company features like domain join and RDP for remote admin access and network diagnostics you need in an enterprise environment. A home premium license is absolutely sufficient for home use.

Shagrat

Can DCS run on Windows 8?

Yes, runs great.:thumbup:

Asus Maximus VII Gene/i5 4690K @4.6Ghz/EVGA GTX 1080 Classified watercooled/16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz/2 x Corsair 128Gb ssd in Raid 0/1 x OCZ Revodrive 3 x2 480Gb/1 x Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb hd and 1 x WD Caviar 600 Gb hd/EVGA Gold 750w psu/Corsair H80i cpu cooler/Windows 10 Pro 64-bit/Corsair 500R case/Corsair K95 keyboard/Logitech MX Master wireless mouse/Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog #41581/VKB T-Rudder MK2 pedals/TrackIR 5/Samsung 49" 4K 3D Screen/Samsung sound bar and sub.

Yes, agree on 64-bit, but there is little more to the professional vs. Windows HomePremium, than company features like domain join and RDP for remote admin access and network diagnostics you need in an enterprise environment. A home premium license is absolutely sufficient for home use.

Fully quote.

But i think professional is a great system ;)

Bye, SU

I have ALL 6 files in a folder (1 .EXE and 5 BIN Files).

I tried installing it and about half way through it said I needed to insert a disc. I gave it hours to load but it just got stuck after that.

This is not the first time I have installed DCS, but it is for the computer.

I am on Windows Vista with 8GB of Ram.

What should I do :)?

Do you have admin rights on the computer? (Or power user at least..)

Also, are you installing under "program files" or somewhere else?

I recommend using something else since that place has more restrictions in installation.

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

Since UAC asks for elevated rights and then proceeds the install with system privileges it is of no concern! If you don't have sufficient rights, you can't install anyway...

Oh, and there is a good reason Windows wants to install into program files and restrict access to it.

If you need access to program files you may tweak UAC or simply live with the request for elevated rights.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat