Upcomming patch ?

Dagger52

Is there any work on the present bugs in the P51?

I'm flying it spontaneosly since it's out as a beta product and for me there are still some of the old bugs.

For example the engine, 7 of 10 times getting hit the engine is done he is just running at more than 4000rpm but no more power to the prop.

Or after engaging some ground targets i was just able to fire with only one of the 50cals but in my rearm menu was still more than 40% of ammo.

And finally after running the engine to hot in mp i went back to base to repair but when I took off again my coolant temp was still in the overheat scale.

Cheers

Dagger52,

for the overheat problem, try using ALT + (A + S) to manually open the cooling flaps.

This will almost instantly lower all your temps and keep them there even under heavier load.

I usually open them both ( A + S ) soon after take-off and keep them open for most of the time unless it is a cold winter scenario and temps stay lower naturally.

Before I enter combat I always open them to have as much cooling as possible.

I don't know if the Merlin in RL misliked running too cold for too long, usually thicker oil blows gaskets if the load is too high, even for a short time but in DCS I never managed to ruin my Merlin this way. When you ask your engine for more, give it time to heat up or the foot gasket from your cylinder bank will blow. Never crank it from low temps to 3.000 rpm full manifold....give it about a minute with building up RPM and MP slowly.

Your 4k rpm propeller issue...maybe the crankshaft/propellershaft got hit and the prop spins loose, thus revving up your Merlin to 4k rpm.... just an idea of what could cause this.

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Thanks mate I'll give that a try

But that damage on the engine happens to often for me

This does not seem to be bug. It is damaged propeller, which cannot hold its pitch. Engine is then running at insane RPM, because there is no force to break it. I have experienced this several times. And it is also mentioned in manual.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yea that's what I mean the governor breaks too often.

No i don't use bird strikes and no there was no visual damage to my wings.

A week ago i was flying on the DoW server in my dora and i was able to hit a p51 at the rudder with one round and the pilot told me that this hit took out his governor

These WW2 aircrafts in DCS are flying tanks compared to the ones I know from CoD. You took a few small hits and your radiator or oil was down in a minute. If your Mustang is hit and it screws your engine, prop or whatever, it does not really look like bug to me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, Dagger, if a few of Your guns were disabled in combat, then You obviously saw some ammo left in rearm menu, after all it couldn't be used, could it?

I agree about prop governor though. It seems to be made of some brittle, yet insanely dense matter out of space, which creates gravity field so strong, that it pulls in half of the bullets fired at my Mustang :D. I was hoping I would never have to deal with crispy American governors of good old Il-2 series of sims, but looks like they made it into DCS as well ;).

Not sure about repair option though. Maybe it just doesn't fix non-combat engine damage? Yesterday I wanted to see my bent propeller fixed, yet I couldn't do it either.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.