Custom Liveries in Missions?

Vedexent

I'm running a server/mission where I've added custom liveries on different squadrons.

I appreciate that unless a player connecting to the server has also downloaded the skins I'm using, they can't see it.

However, it appears that even those of us that have the skin pack installed can't see them on other players' planes, even though we can see them on our our own.

Am I missing something in the setup?

Unfortunately, thats the way DCS works with custom skins. The client in the custom skinned aircraft needs to have it for anyone else to be able to see it, and then that depends on if they have it as well of course.

The 1 exception to this that I have found, is that if you overwrite a standard skin with a custom one(The custom MUST retain the same folder and description name). Then, because the client has that skin, will see the standard one, but anyone else that has the modified version will see it. Down side is, you will no longer be able to see the standard skin so use a least favorite. ;)

Edited by Shahdoh

S! All

This thread posses a good question in that with EDGE just round the corner, and DCS WW 2 will they implies some sort of system where you do not have to go through all that drama to be able to see your skins and your squad skins in game ? I think IL2 1946 had a really good system with them all loading in a cache file and that way all could see with out having to d/l into your own folders.

Cheers

O_Smiladon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not that no one can see them.

I understand that for everyone to see it they need to have it installed.

But it seems to be working like this:

• I have the skin installed.
  • You have the skin installed.
  • I change the skins of a squadron in the mission editor, and start multi-player.
  • You get in a reskinned plane.
  • I get in a reskinned plane.
  • I can see my plane with the new skin.
  • You can see your plane with the new skin.
  • I don't see the new skin on your plane.
  • You don't see the new skin on my plane.

Is this how it is supposed to work?

...The 1 exception to this that I have found, is that if you overwrite a standard skin with a custom one(The custom MUST retain the same folder and description name). Then, because the client has that skin, will see the standard one, but anyone else that has the modified version will see it. Down side is, you will no longer be able to see the standard skin so use a least favorite. ;)

Two things: 1) The description does not have to be the same. (The description is only used in the Mission Editor pull-down menu. The selected livery will be saved in the mission file as the folder name.) 2) Unless it has been fixed, the exception is the Ka-50 where, if you don't have the custom skin, you will see the orange 'missing texture' skin.

It's not that no one can see them.

I understand that for everyone to see it they need to have it installed.

But it seems to be working like this:

• I have the skin installed.
  • You have the skin installed.
  • I change the skins of a squadron in the mission editor, and start multi-player.
  • You get in a reskinned plane.
  • I get in a reskinned plane.
  • I can see my plane with the new skin.
  • You can see your plane with the new skin.
  • I don't see the new skin on your plane.
  • You don't see the new skin on my plane.

Is this how it is supposed to work?

When I have a skin placed in the liveries folder on both my server pc and client pc, and the skin has been selected in the mission, and my buddy also has the skin installed on his pc, we both see the skin on each other's plane as well as our own.