UI is not great

GeordiePigeonOwner

First of all. I love this game/sim. It's very well thought out and the planes are excellent to fly.

That said the UI leaves a lot to be desired.

My main concern so far(new to the game) is that when you replay tutorials you can't skip the voice over speech.

could you put in a way to skip over the voice over speech or is there a way i'm missing.

thanks?

First of all. I love this game/sim. It's very well thought out and the planes are excellent to fly.

That said the UI leaves a lot to be desired.

My main concern so far(new to the game) is that when you replay tutorials you can't skip the voice over speech.

could you put in a way to skip over the voice over speech or is there a way i'm missing.

thanks?

Hi GeordiePigeonOwner,

What did you have in mind regarding the UI.

I did not respond earlier and waited to see what response you would get. So I see your thread still void of any input and I decided to share my thoughts and opinions.

Well first yeah I agree that maybe a better UI in future would be sweet.

I agree on that but so much needs to happen or properly planned like how will EDGE work with new MAPs will they introduce a GLOBAL MAP and then 3rd Party develops terrain using an SDK. then the UI would need modifying.

Will they introduce something like this........... http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129053

With so many Air Craft in development + MAPS promised how is all that going to work?

So many questions and very little answers maybe a New UI is already in the pipeline, maybe nothing at all.

Sadly, because Air Combat Sims dying! :cry_2::cry_2::cry_2:

So I ask you what do you have in mind in form of idea, suggestion and/or proposal?

A few GUI examples from the past being ones that I have liked are:-

***JANES USAF

JanesUSAFGUI_zps1ab39f0b.jpg

***F-22 Total Air War

F-22TAWGUI_zps1e62e693.jpg

*** Allied Force Falcon 4.0

AFF4GUI_zps3e6144b7.jpg

*** FSX-GOLD ACCELERATION

WORLDMAPEXMAPLE_zpsbb9505d4.png

They were simply more Battlefield Air Combat Military in approach and looked the part and the FSX GUI offered more in Commercial Aviation a good combination of the above would be nice!

Well hoping for the best I guess after Update 2.0.0 + EDGE + NTR , no other Air Combat sims around that are competing! :cry:

Cheers,

:beer:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

As for UI id like to have a hangar with 3d models in it where i can choose weapons loadout

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit