Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

A little more experimenting again today, I set my DCS options to just to use the 1 main primary monitor and its resolution ( as if I did not even have a 2nd monitor) and I disabled all my JSGME MODS but the kneeboard did not move from the default location of lower right. Hope this info helps?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Hi there,

So I just found out about this app and thought it looked amazing for making the time in DCS using VR a bit easier.

However when I tried it out today I found that only some of the images I loaded actually appeared. For example I loaded in the DCS A-10 Flight Manual but only the first I dunno, 80 pages or so actually appeared on the kneeboard in game. Past that point it just displayed some weird screen about loading batteries :p

Intel i7-4770k @ 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, GTX 1080ti, Oculus Rift S

Advanced apologies if my post contains typos or missing letters. Many of my posts are typed on a laptop with an old keyboard that has a personality all its own.

Hi there,

So I just found out about this app and thought it looked amazing for making the time in DCS using VR a bit easier.

However when I tried it out today I found that only some of the images I loaded actually appeared. For example I loaded in the DCS A-10 Flight Manual but only the first I dunno, 80 pages or so actually appeared on the kneeboard in game. Past that point it just displayed some weird screen about loading batteries :p

I think that's max capacity for KB.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

I think that's max capacity for KB.

Oh I didn't realize it had a maximum. Bummer, but thanks!

Intel i7-4770k @ 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, GTX 1080ti, Oculus Rift S

Advanced apologies if my post contains typos or missing letters. Many of my posts are typed on a laptop with an old keyboard that has a personality all its own.

Hello.

After the last two updates of applications can not use the "Kneeboard settings" option in the "Options". It can not be opened. I can only use the "Preferences". Because I can not change the size, location and appearance of kneeaboard game. I tried reinstal, but without result. Could someone help?

Thanks.

PS: Sorry for my English.

Hey guys, i started using the Kneeboard Builder a couple of weeks ago and it's a great tool that has improved my flight experience.

With the release of the Viggen i created a set of kneeboard pages for procedures and weapons employment it seems like all the pages are added to the Viggens cockpit, but they're entirely see through, does anyone know how to fix this?

Same here, I also tested with and without MODS ( at least this time I did NOT loose my exports). It has to be something simple somewhere that I'm missing here?

I am at a loss, I need to get the kneeboard off the 2nd monitor. I can NOT find my FARPs without the kneeboard. Is there another way to move it outside of this MOPD that works, like editing a .lua somewhere and passes IC? Thanks.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I am at a loss, I need to get the kneeboard off the 2nd monitor. I can NOT find my FARPs without the kneeboard. Is there another way to move it outside of this MOPD that works, like editing a .lua somewhere and passes IC? Thanks.

Have you tried using the DCS Resolution offset in the Kneeboard Settings Page? (Page 24 of the kneeboard builder manual).

nSo5liy.png

Thanks for that info. To be honest, I went through the manual for the install process, and configuration and also your Youtube segments (I did not see such a section when I looked through the troubleshooting section or through DCS Forums and Google search. I honestly dont know why I did not see this section. But I greatly appreciate the time you took to respond. I will look into this for sure. many thanks,

Ok, after a few hours, I am still nowhere unfortunately. I have created a kneeboard profile then I calculated where the offset should be, saved it and made it default for the KA-50. Kneeboard does not move at all? I then fussed around for long time just throwing arbitrary offset numbers in with the kneeboard in the sim not moving at all, but it moves around in the kneeboard profile screen as shown in the attached. I have disabled all MOD in JSGME and my monitor config.lua does NOT have any "Kneeboard" statements in the script. I don't know what I'm missing here?

Ok, after a few hours, I am still nowhere unfortunately. I have created a kneeboard profile then I calculated where the offset should be, saved it and made it default for the KA-50. Kneeboard does not move at all? I then fussed around for long time just throwing arbitrary offset numbers in with the kneeboard in the sim not moving at all, but it moves around in the kneeboard profile screen as shown in the attached. I have disabled all MOD in JSGME and my monitor config.lua does NOT have any "Kneeboard" statements in the script. I don't know what I'm missing here?

Are you selecting the profile from the task bar icon after you make your changes?

from within your GUI, I make the offset changes, then save it and it is checked to be the default for the KA-50, then I use the close button in the bottom right corner, then open the sim.

I also just selected the profile via the method you mention above with same results

I am making some interesting progress, I will report back soon with details,,, I managed to get movement, but I'm not quite finished yet,,,

Ok, I have fundamental success! With ALL my MODS disabled via JSGME, I did a DCS 1.5 Repair. Started Kneebuilder and Still I could not get the map to move, even though it showed it was relocated in the Kneebuilder GUI.

Next, I decided to just break this down for the use of only the main monitor, so I opened DCS Options, changed my screen resolution to the main monitor resolution and selected 1 screen instead of my custom Monitor.lua used for Helios. Started it all up and WALA! I was able to cycle thru many Kneeboard positions with success.

Next, I went back into DCS options and changed my resolution back to my custom resolution for use with Helios and selected the Monitor Config I use for Helios (back to the configuration I always had). Now try and figure this out,, its working!!!

On to the next step, I was able to move the Kneeboard around via dragging using the Kneebuilder GUI, but changing the OFFSET values have had no impact on position at all. I can live with that!

So I find it very interesting that initially, I could get the map to relocate through the Kneebuilder GUI, but when the sim was fired up, it was NOT at that location, ALWAYS at default. I cycled between monitor setups back to what I started out with, and now I can at least move it off the 2nd monitor but not via OFFSET. I can live with that!

How to make and add kneeboard for Combined Arms?

How to make and add kneeboard for Combined Arms? It is not in the list for aircraft, as only aircraft show in the pull down menu. Can CA be added as a folder and pick it? I don't see any posts for this. Thanx..

I really like the KneeBoard builder wish I had known before. :pilotfly:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I can't seem to be able to see Chuck's Guide for the Viggen in the Kneeboard.

I converted the PDF into PNGs and the files show up in the Viggen Kneeboard folder under Saved Games / OpenBeta.

Any help on this?

Cheers!

E.

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

Repairing incorrectly configured kneeboard

How do I clear out all of the kneeboard configs and start again?

I'm trying to get kneeboard builder to run with the Viggen.

Due to general incompetence and not RTFM properly etc. I have built a custom kneeboard which has the standard Viggen stuff and then 41 blank pages (just the grey swedish paper texture) - which correspond to the 41 pages of the flight manual.

I cant get rid of them. I have deleted the Saved Games folders(both DCS and DCS.openbeta) and repaired DCS.openbeta, but I cant restore the kneeboard to standard. The blank pages remain.

I'm having particular problems with the Viggen. The kneeboard builder works perfectly in A-10C.

Thanks

@Xray20, Viggen kneeboard is still WIP. You'll need to hold on for a while till it starts to be fully functional. At the moment adding pages to custom kneeboard in users folder doesn't work.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I have Kneeboard Builder working in my DCS 1.5.6 Stable, but when I try to run it as a separate installation in 1.5.6 OpenBeta, or DCS 2 Open Alpha, it runs as far as to allow me to enter the main program and saved games locations, then crashes. All 3 versions are run from a common folder in my User Folder.

Further attempts to run, crash on start up. Deleting the KneeboardBuilder.exe.config allows the faulty installations to run to the identification of directories, but then crash again.

Examination of the Windows Application log shows that there is an error in .Net runtime, followed by an error in Kneeboard Builder.

Any suggestions?

I have Kneeboard Builder working in my DCS 1.5.6 Stable, but when I try to run it as a separate installation in 1.5.6 OpenBeta, or DCS 2 Open Alpha, it runs as far as to allow me to enter the main program and saved games locations, then crashes. All 3 versions are run from a common folder in my User Folder.

Further attempts to run, crash on start up. Deleting the KneeboardBuilder.exe.config allows the faulty installations to run to the identification of directories, but then crash again.

Examination of the Windows Application log shows that there is an error in .Net runtime, followed by an error in Kneeboard Builder.

Any suggestions?

You only need one install to handle all 3 versions.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

I'm having difficulty with the Import Resolution. The files I have are PDF's created at 1200 DPI, but no matter what setting I select (up to 1200 DPI) in the kneeboard GUI preferences for "PDF Import Resolution", the text always comes out very grainy and difficult to read? Any suggestions? Thanks

Here is a sample of the text in one of my kneeboard pages. I have been fiddling with this for awhile to get it to be more legible, It looks just fine in Excel/Word/.png?