Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

I did that but no difference, the problem is not being able to see the bottom of the user interface on the screen as it seems to be too large

My resolution 1920x1080

see attached file and thank you:

[ATTACH]158452[/ATTACH]

attachment.php?attachmentid=158452&thumb=1&d=1488738456

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<configuration>

<configSections>

<sectionGroup name="userSettings" type="System.Configuration.UserSettingsGroup, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" >

<section name="KneeboardBuilder.Properties.Settings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" allowExeDefinition="MachineToLocalUser" requirePermission="false" />

</sectionGroup>

</configSections>

<appSettings>

<add key="DpiSetting" value="150" />

<add key="DCSpath" value="C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World" />

<add key="SavedGamesPath" value="C:\Users\john stuart\Saved Games" />

<add key="PriorVersion" value="False" />

<add key="PriorComponents" value="False" />

<add key="AllowUpdate" value="False" />

<add key="Notifications" value="True" />

<add key="DCSVersion" value="Standard" />

<add key="KeepClear" value="True" />

<add key="Mig21KeepClear" value="False" />

<add key="Mig21DefaultKneeboard" value="False" />

<add key="LiteMode" value="False" />

</appSettings>

<startup>

<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" />

</startup>

<userSettings>

<KneeboardBuilder.Properties.Settings>

<setting name="showSplash" serializeAs="String">

<value>True</value>

</setting>

</KneeboardBuilder.Properties.Settings>

</userSettings>

</configuration>

Edited by fitness88

I'm in process of following the Readme and Tutorials. So that I can create a kneeboard and re-position it onto my second monitor.

When I attempt to load my newly created MiG-21 profile, I get this error:

"Could not find a part of the path 'F:\sim\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21BIS\Cockpit\Scripts\device_init_original.lua' "

I've scanned the DCS install directory and it does not have the ..\Scripts sub-dir, and no device_init_original.lua file to be found.

If I click on "Ok", then the Kneeboard application barf's and crashes.

Matter of fact, I've scanned all three of my DCS installs, (production, alpha, and beta). This sub-dir and file do not exist.

any suggestions?

Edit, add: As a data point, I was able to create a kneeboard profile for the F-86. It positioned the kneeboard exactly where I wanted it, on monitor 2.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=184805&highlight=kneeboard

Edited by javelina1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I'm in process of following the Readme and Tutorials. So that I can create a kneeboard and re-position it onto my second monitor.

When I attempt to load my newly created MiG-21 profile, I get this error:

"Could not find a part of the path 'F:\sim\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21BIS\Cockpit\Scripts\device_init_original.lua' "

I've scanned the DCS install directory and it does not have the ..\Scripts sub-dir, and no device_init_original.lua file to be found.

If I click on "Ok", then the Kneeboard application barf's and crashes.

Matter of fact, I've scanned all three of my DCS installs, (production, alpha, and beta). This sub-dir and file do not exist.

any suggestions?

Edit, add: As a data point, I was able to create a kneeboard profile for the F-86. It positioned the kneeboard exactly where I wanted it, on monitor 2.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=184805&highlight=kneeboard

I'll take a look at that this week. It looks Kneeboard Builder might be trying to locate the older Mig-21 file structure that changed several DCS World updates ago.

• Like 1

attachment.php?attachmentid=158452&thumb=1&d=1488738456

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<configuration>

<configSections>

<sectionGroup name="userSettings" type="System.Configuration.UserSettingsGroup, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" >

<section name="KneeboardBuilder.Properties.Settings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" allowExeDefinition="MachineToLocalUser" requirePermission="false" />

</sectionGroup>

</configSections>

<appSettings>

<add key="DpiSetting" value="150" />

<add key="DCSpath" value="C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World" />

<add key="SavedGamesPath" value="C:\Users\john stuart\Saved Games" />

<add key="PriorVersion" value="False" />

<add key="PriorComponents" value="False" />

<add key="AllowUpdate" value="False" />

<add key="Notifications" value="True" />

<add key="DCSVersion" value="Standard" />

<add key="KeepClear" value="True" />

<add key="Mig21KeepClear" value="False" />

<add key="Mig21DefaultKneeboard" value="False" />

<add key="LiteMode" value="False" />

</appSettings>

<startup>

<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" />

</startup>

<userSettings>

<KneeboardBuilder.Properties.Settings>

<setting name="showSplash" serializeAs="String">

<value>True</value>

</setting>

</KneeboardBuilder.Properties.Settings>

</userSettings>

</configuration>

Kneeboard Builder doesn't scale correctly if you are using Window's font scaling.... I don't know if I will be able to get to work correctly or not.

Kneeboard Builder doesn't scale correctly if you are using Window's font scaling.... I don't know if I will be able to get to work correctly or not.

Thanks for the response but does it make sense that font scaling could be the issue when all other of the kneeboard builder windows open perfect to my increased font scale?

I'll take a look at that this week. It looks Kneeboard Builder might be trying to locate the older Mig-21 file structure that changed several DCS World updates ago.

thanks buddy, no worries... You've developed an awesome tool here. I'm a convert, (using it now with other modules). Many thanks.

I'm sure the MiG-21 will roll around, it's not a show stopper for me. So I really do appreciate your work efforts and help! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Thanks for the response but does it make sense that font scaling could be the issue when all other of the kneeboard builder windows open perfect to my increased font scale?

The kneeboard settings window is the only one set for full screen viewing which appears to be why it won't scale correctly.

The kneeboard settings window is the only one set for full screen viewing which appears to be why it won't scale correctly.

Thank you for the follow-up, I'll just have to change from landscape to portrait on one of my monitors when I want to make adjustments, it's awkward but it allows for full viewing.

Thank you for the follow-up, I'll just have to change from landscape to portrait on one of my monitors when I want to make adjustments, it's awkward but it allows for full viewing.

I've got a different solution I'll be implementing in the upcoming release that should make it easier for you.

Version 1.6.9.5 Released

Version 1.6.9.5 is now available.

- Updater logic improvements

- Fixed crash for standalone FC3 products on profile switch

- Fixed crash on profile switch if Mig-21 module not installed

- Profile, size, position and color boxes now collapsable in Kneeboard Settings

- Added support for ASJ37 Viggen (finally!)

- Improved kneeboard logic for Mig-21bis and AJS37 (for now...)

- Option 'Use default kneeboard for Mig-21' changed to 'Use default kneeboard for Heatblur and Magnitude aircraft'

- 'Kneeboard Data' folder moved from "...\Saved Games\DCS\Data" to "...\Saved Games\DCS\Data\Kneeboard Builder Config"

- 'Kneeboard Profile' switching will now be implemented through "...\Saved Games\DCS\Data\Kneeboard Builder Config\Custom Kneeboard Settings" to avoid integrity violations

- Other minor changes I probably forgot about

Currently dynamic kneeboard fonts show up very large in the Mig-21 and AJS37 kneeboards. For now you can use DCS standard kneeboards (Options -> Preferences -> check 'Use standard DCS kneeboards for Heatblur and Magnitude aircraft') and they should show correctly.

Just for the record, the Mig-21 and ASJ37 are an absolute PITA to code around...

Oops. After the update, the program will not run.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I could be wrong Sobe but I think if you did an update overtop of the preexisting, there may be an issue due to the folder relocation for saved data????

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Oops. After the update, the program will not run.

There is probably a problem with the new mig-21 and viggen code I added. Could you please look at your windows error logs right after you try running Kneeboard Builder and e-mail them to me.

To view the error logs in windows 7:

click on the start menu -> control panel -> system and security -> administrative tools -> event viewer-> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application.

For windows 8 / 10:

right click on the start menu -> computer management -> expand 'event viewer' -> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application

To save your all events: right click on application -> save all events as -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

To save a single event: right click on the event(s) you want to save -> save selected event -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

E-mail the logs to me at s13solutions@gmail.com.

Thanks and sorry for the problems.

Thanks AlaskanGrizzly, the page is better in that I can see more of the bottom but not 100%. the bottom 2 color options are still not visible.

If you click on the panel headings (either the headings themselves or the little arrows to the left) they will collapse allowing the lower ones to move up.

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

I uninstalled then reinstalled the latest version and still it would not work.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

didn't work for me as well after latest DCS and knee board updates

Error log attached

Kneeboard Crash.zip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

Just updated this morning, program instantly crashes when I try and open it with or without admin privledges

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Just updated this morning, program instantly crashes when I try and open it with or without admin privledges

I am putting out an update in just a minute, but if that doesn't fix it could you e-mail me your windows event logs for the Kneeboard Builder errors?

To view the error logs in windows 7:

click on the start menu -> control panel -> system and security -> administrative tools -> event viewer-> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application.

For windows 8 / 10:

right click on the start menu -> computer management -> expand 'event viewer' -> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application

To save your all events: right click on application -> save all events as -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

To save a single event: right click on the event(s) you want to save -> save selected event -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

E-mail the logs to me at s13solutions@gmail.com.

Thanks.

ok, will do so now, fingers crossed :}