Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

Kneeboard settings is not available as a selection on my version, which is the new version.. perhaps i need to go to pre-beta because "kneeboard settings" must have gotten missed in the beta, because there is no way to adjust. i will get the stable version and see what i got and thanks all who helped with this thread

So you don't have this window appear when you select Options/Preferences?

SfPAOuL.jpg

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Anyone else getting issues running KB after today's OB patch? Mine wont launch and I get an error:

---------------------------

The developer must be a moron because there was an error!

Use Ctrl + C to copy this error and e-mail it to s13solutions@gmail.com :

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.GetKneeboardName(String dir)

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.LoadAircraftData()

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.Initilization()

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel..ctor()

at KneeboardBuilder.Views.MainView..ctor()

OK

unfortunately the kneeboard builder is not compatible with actual DCS version, (i though from 2.5.5) there are a lot of other issue for example you loose the spitfire PIT, with dynamic kneeboard the load time it take several minutes before start. i uninsulated it ...sadly because it was a very useful tool

Hello,

I get the same error, however I tried the prior version 1.7.1 and that one works well.

If you want to try it, uncompress this zip on you current KB folder (so that it takes your current configuration) overwriting the newer version (if you want, make a backup first):

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hsY9rwImOw91dWhnIQ?e=3o5n34

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hello,

I get the same error, however I tried the prior version 1.7.1 and that one works well.

If you want to try it, uncompress this zip on you current KB folder (so that it takes your current configuration) overwriting the newer version (if you want, make a backup first):

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hsY9rwImOw91dWhnIQ?e=3o5n34

Best regards

Unfortunately no luck on that either

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\Kneeboard\00_07_General_Map.png' is denied.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.FileInfo.CopyTo(String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.CleanDefaultKneeboard()

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.CreateDefaultGroups()

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.Initilization()

OK

Unfortunately no luck on that either

Strange, it works for me:

CNQQ2cq.jpg

and the error you get is different than the one of the OP .. are you running the software as Admin, isn't it?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

A few files changed that are causing the crash with the latest DCS update. I'm working on trying to get a fix put together and hope to push it out within the next day or so. I appreciate your patience.

EDIT:

It appears to be an issue with the C-101. Until I come up with a permanent fix, for now if you are not flying the C-101 you can rename the 'entry.lua' located at '...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\C-101\entry.lua' (ie entry_old.lua) and Kneeboard Builder should start working for you again. Please let me know if you still have issues.

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

A few files changed that are causing the crash with the latest DCS update. I'm working on trying to get a fix put together and hope to push it out within the next day or so. I appreciate your patience.

Hello, glad to see you here ... just wanted to tell you how much I’ve enjoyed your software over the years, I use it a lot as writing my own procedures is the best way I’ve found to learn an aircraft quickly .. a heartfelt thank you and wish you the best. :thumbup:

Edited by Rudel_chw

EDIT:

It appears to be an issue with the C-101. Until I come up with a permanent fix, for now if you are not flying the C-101 you can rename the 'entry.lua' located at '...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\C-101\entry.lua' (ie entry_old.lua) and Kneeboard Builder should start working for you again. Please let me know if you still have issues.

This fixed it for me - just renamed the C-101 file while using the Kneeboard builder and then named it back:thumbup:

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I have been getting a slightly different error message after the latest patch:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\thetf\Saved Games\Mods\aircraft'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()

at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.EnumerateFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.FindLuaFile(String _pathToSearch, String _fileNameToFind, String _aircraftName, String _optParam)

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.GetDeviceInitPath(String _dcsPath, String _dcsSavedGamePath, String _aircraftName)

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.SetupKneeboard(String _dcsPath, String _dcsSavedGamesPath, String aircraftname, ProfileModel _selectedProfile)

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.UpdateDefaultKneeboards()

OK

I used Kneeboard Builder after quite some time again to import parts of the Supercarrier guide. However, I must have forgotten to check some box or something, because Kneeboardbuilder deleted all my previous manually created png files in the F14 and F/A-18C, sadly I have no backup (wich is stupid, I know).

Is there a folder where Kneeboard builder puts these files, my Windows Trashbin is empty.

Not that big of a deal to find all the RIO stuff I had again but would be nice if Kneeboard builder would just paste them into the bin (or some folder), not delete them straight away.

I used Kneeboard Builder after quite some time again to import parts of the Supercarrier guide. However, I must have forgotten to check some box or something, because Kneeboardbuilder deleted all my previous manually created png files in the F14 and F/A-18C, sadly I have no backup (wich is stupid, I know).

Is there a folder where Kneeboard builder puts these files, my Windows Trashbin is empty.

Not that big of a deal to find all the RIO stuff I had again but would be nice if Kneeboard builder would just paste them into the bin (or some folder), not delete them straight away.

Your imported png files are saved in the main Kneeboard Builder folder in the 'Kneeboard Groups' folder.

I am still stucked! Cannot edit the profiles. Installed in a new drive, folder...etc

It sounds like either your DCS directory or your Saved Games directory is not pointing to the right directories in the preferences page.

Try using a 'custom' setup in preferences and set your Saved Games to point directly at '.../Saved Games/DCS.openbeta'

Is there anyway to set a default profile, I have quite a number and it always defaults to the A-10C which appears first in my list.:doh:

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |