Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

Some updated info this thread: I will keep my feedback in that one going forward. This is very strange.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I use Kneeboard Builder mostly for repositioning my kneeboard - which I previously did by adjusting the ViewportHandling file in the installation directory (is there a better way?). But this reportedly fails the integrity check (no prob for me yet, but I don't like it). So I tried Kneeboard Builder - but the kneeboard placement seems to work only until the game is restarted. Is this right? Is there a way how to make my kneeboard position permanent without breaking the integrity check?

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

5 hours ago, virgo47 said:

I use Kneeboard Builder mostly for repositioning my kneeboard - which I previously did by adjusting the ViewportHandling file in the installation directory (is there a better way?). But this reportedly fails the integrity check (no prob for me yet, but I don't like it). So I tried Kneeboard Builder - but the kneeboard placement seems to work only until the game is restarted. Is this right? Is there a way how to make my kneeboard position permanent without breaking the integrity check?

Kneeboard Builder's options for adjusting the position and size of the kneeboard have been broken ever since DCS introduced that functionality into DCS itself.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

• 4 weeks later...

Exactly the same problem over here, just as you described it.

Also send an error report to s13solutions@gmail.com but no response. A few posts ago someone even wonders if this tool is still supported.
Would be a shame if it wasn't supported anymore.

Edited by spidierox

On 4/6/2023 at 9:23 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Yes, he is around ... but if someone called a (free) software of mine a "thing" it would not encourage me to participate in any discussion about it. 🙄

Hey, sorry, I absolutely did not mean to be derogatory, was a general way to refer to "something that exists"... I'll pay more attention next time, maybe checking with some tool like Deepl to ensure I avoid any embarrassment. 😊

I see the issue automagically resolved itself for an user above, I'll try again hoping for some luck... else, I'll post my dcs.log as requested.

• Like 2

BlueRaven.jpg

Nulla Dies Sine Linea

1 hour ago, gcze said:

MB339 crashes the kneeboardbuilder fo me. 

Yes, the same thing happens to me:

iMa3ccZ.jpg

@AlaskanGrizzly .. please, could you please take a look? maybe it is simple to fix. This is the entry.lua of this aircraft:

entry.lua

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mad.mad.mad said:

I just downloaded this to try it out. The program crashes every time I try to create a custom kneeboard. Crashes to desktop, no error message or anything. Does anyone else have this issue?

I uninstalled the MB.339 and then KB works with no issues on my PC.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

20 minutes ago, mad.mad.mad said:

I've never purchased or installed the MB.339

Strange, here on my PC it works with no issues:

GMzZECp.jpg

n9m8esa.jpg

Hope that you will eventually find the cause 👍

• 3 months later...
Just now, The_Jab said:

always the same problem ☹️

?? 🤔

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_Jab said:

Always same problem

Do you have the MB.339 ?

I don't have the MB.339, but I was having the same problem.  I uninstalled all mods, and the error went away.  If I want to build a kneeboard, I'm uninstalling mods, and re-installing after.  If I'm building a kneeboard for a mod aircraft, then I only install that aircraft, and build the kneeboard for that one.  So far, so good.  If an aircraft mod is causing the error, I guess I'll figure out which one when I try to build a kneeboard for it.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

27 minutes ago, heloguy said:

I don't have the MB.339, but I was having the same problem.  I uninstalled all mods, and the error went away.  If I want to build a kneeboard, I'm uninstalling mods, and re-installing after.  If I'm building a kneeboard for a mod aircraft, then I only install that aircraft, and build the kneeboard for that one.  So far, so good.  If an aircraft mod is causing the error, I guess I'll figure out which one when I try to build a kneeboard for it.

That's curious, as I do have several Mod aircrafts and have only experienced this issue with the MB.339 ... do you have this option enabled?

thSsaHt.jpg

Yes, I do.  I'll report back when/if I figure out which mod is creating the error.

• Like 1

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

I had the same error.  I thought it was the program until I saw Rudel_chw post that it was working for him.  So I did some investigation and found it is the CJS Super Hornet mod in my case.  I disabled that mod and now Kneeboard Builder works for me again.  Thank you Rudel_chw for the heads up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fazzybear said:

I had the same error.  I thought it was the program until I saw Rudel_chw post that it was working for him.  So I did some investigation and found it is the CJS Super Hornet mod in my case.  I disabled that mod and now Kneeboard Builder works for me again.  Thank you Rudel_chw for the heads up.

Awesome, thanks, that's my culprit as well.  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

I had MB-339 for demo installed but deactivated and got the same error. Uninstalling it solved the problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 2 weeks later...

I can also confirm that KneeboardBuilder works again for me, not sure if the issue was with the MB-339 or somewhere else, but after uninstalling it and starting with a brand new 'DCS.openbeta' config folder (after upgrading to 2.9) the problem was solved.

Thanks @Rudel_chw for the hint! 🤗

Edited by BlueRaven
  • Like 1

BlueRaven.jpg

Nulla Dies Sine Linea

• 4 weeks later...