Audio Device Selection

joeafman

Heres the situation. I want DCS audio to play though my headset with out changing my default audio device to my headset. There is no option DCS its self to change the audio device. Anyone know if there is a way to change the audio device DCS uses or if there is a third party program that will do this for me?

Thanks!

Could I ask why you don't want your default audio device to be your headset?

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Well about what i know...DCS like almost every others games/sim/software use your defaut audio device, per default he play on my headset but if i set my HP to default audio device in Windows, DCS use it.

Look at this : http://www.7tutorials.com/how-change-default-playback-recording-audio-device

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

i would love it for any software i use to have this option

i.e i have my media player set to my speakers, and DCS send to the USB headphones (which are default device) and i can play DCS while my kid listens to songs.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i would love it for any software i use to have this option

i.e i have my media player set to my speakers, and DCS send to the USB headphones (which are default device) and i can play DCS while my kid listens to songs.

And this is why I want the option. But i use Itunes :( Guess I'll have to find a player that allows the selection of an audio device and set my default to the headset. Thanks Guys!

VLC lets you choose an audio output device.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.