airfield capture

dooom

does anyone have a working example they can share with me? i want to have a set of airfields as Neutral at mission start and allow a captue mechanism to set coalition red or blue for forward client slots/refuel/rearm.... ability to switch depending on enemy activity would be great.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

I already have a mission like that working for WWII.

I worked with RagnarDa and St3v3f back then to finish up the script.

Basically, airfields are captured once a certain coalition is on it. The problem is maintaining the slots correctly, and air defense respawning. Not to talk about the destroyed air defenses that would cause many problems.

I'll be back home later and post the mission.

Edited by xcom

Here is the mission I have that works with airbase capture, I've also attached the briefing picture.

The capture works when a plane lands ,taxis into a trigger zone and stops. you can change that ofcourse.

Just take a look at the script inside and you'll figure out how the slot changing works, basically it's like running a continuous deactivate unit when it's present in the mission.

P-51D Airbase Capture V1.36.miz

244884703_AirbaseCapture.thumb.jpg.07c68daa70fcb2f6bd3515240ac0a138.jpg

Edited by xcom

• 1 month later...

hey xcom - would you mind if i used this script in a DoW mission? i'd like to expand it but dont understand why you are using a script to place the units... could i use the ME for ground unit placement and still use lua predicate to check for group names therefore eliminating lines 1-1657 of the script?

Edited by dooom

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL