Voice Control - Evasive Maneuvers

Been flying the Blackshark alot lately and I remembered seeing a thread here a while back about voice control - so I decided to dig it up do some experimenting with the software recommended by others.

First of all I tried VAC but it refused to play ball; moaning about phrase understood but activation key not pressed or some such nonsense so after about an hour I gave up with it. Finally I settled on VoiceAttack (currently using the trial but plan to buy it now I've tested it) and got my select few commands working in minutes.

I created a profile mainly for the weapons systems and autopilot to save having to fumble for keyboard shortcuts for those systems / buttons I couldn't bind to my X52 Pro. Then while binding keys, I had a bit of a clever thought...

Since it's possible in most of these voice control softwares to record a series of key presses, assign delays etc. it got me thinking about whether or not it would be possible to program in a series of inputs to simulate an evasive maneuver with a simple voice command (queue cheesy evasive pattern delta voice commands lol :megalol:) but seriously, I personally can't see why it couldn't be done.

Say for example my first evasive maneuver:

Pre-conditions -> Must be above 3000ft (grnd level) -> Only performed from a stationary hover

Actions -> Begin Flare Deployment Sequence -> Disengage Hover Mode -> Disengage AutoPilot -> Descend Aircraft Rapidly by 1000ft -> Change Direction to X -> Increase Speed to X -> Level Off Aircraft etc....

It would definitely take some working out and implementing but I'm pretty sure it could be done in some way. I know right now some purists are ripping their eyeballs out at what they've just read and screaming that's not cricket but it sure would be fun to be hovering in combat when you get that attack warning and just say - evasive maneuver 1 or whatever and the aircraft goes into auto defence lol.

Might just be the beer talking but I thought it sounded like a fun exercise :)

:thumbup::joystick::pilotfly:

• Like 1

My Hangar: P-51D Mustang - KA-50 Blackshark - A-10C Warthog - F-86F Sabre - FC3 - Combined Arms - UH-1H

My Flying Adventures: www.dcs-pilot.com :pilotfly:

After reading your post I decided to try VoiceAttack and after flying the A-10C for almost 2 years without it I feel like a complete idiot for not trying it before. It's awesome and works perfectly. The possibilities are endless. I feel like a kid in a candy store. Thanks for posting this thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a suggestion.....it doesn't seem to matter if VoiceAttack recognizes what you say correctly or not. The only thing that matters is if it responds to what you say by activating the proper keystrokes assigned. If I say butter and it thinks I said mother, no problem, as long as it activates the keystroke accordingly.

• 1 month later...

can any of you guys post a link to your VoiceAttack profile?

much appreciated

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Sorry I completely forgot about this thread LOL.

I've attached my KA-50 Voice attack profile. All people should need to do is import it to their Voice Attack software.

I've not set up everything to voice control, just the essentials I couldn't map directly to my Saitek X-52. I don't use the Saitek software so I bind what I want to my X-52 through DCS and assign the rest to voice.

I've found it works best if you do the voice training stuff with the mic where it gets you to read paragraphs to learn your voice - it really does help.

Also, don't set the mic too high and don't have background noise else it occasionally interprets it as a command. I made the mistake of binding Eject to a voice command (eject is still mapped in the voice profile if people want to remove it they can) and was half way through a mission when the Mrs walked in, started talking and suddenly I was unexpectedly forcefully ejected from my KA-50 LMFAO :megalol:

All in all though, it's the best $8 I've ever spent.

In fact, I updated my KA-50 profile the other day to include zoom in and zoom out commands for better viewing range in combat.

There's no way I can remember all the keyboard shortcuts and joystick commands to fully operate models such as the KA-50 or the A-10 so it had to be voice commands and a cheat sheet at the side of me LOL

Glad it's helping some of you guys. To be honest, when I found out about Voice commanding and how long it had been around, I felt pretty much like a neanderthal hehehehe

KA50-Blackshark-Profile.zip

My Hangar: P-51D Mustang - KA-50 Blackshark - A-10C Warthog - F-86F Sabre - FC3 - Combined Arms - UH-1H

My Flying Adventures: www.dcs-pilot.com :pilotfly: