rw contamination...

I get the feeling that taxi, takeoff and landing the Dora when I set winter weather, including snow, is harder than in "ISA" weather conditions.

I wonder if rw/tw friction coefficients are affected by snow / water / ice contamination in the present state of DCS World? Of course the other factors, like engine management are clearly affected...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

this is fun

my guess is

rw = runway

tw = taxiway

ISA = i got no idea :P

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

:lol: It is funny to see a post in code and the readers have to decipher.Even contamination throws me.:pilotfly:

Sorry guys for the terms... ISA is indeed standard atmosphere, tw and rw abbreviations of taxiway and runway.

The term contamination is used ( in aviation ) do describe a state in which a landing / maneuvering surface can be covered with substances that might affect control of the aircraft.

I was actually asking if this is, by any chance, modeled in DCS.

Hi Jcomm,

Last I heard (some time ago now), was that it is simulated, but not 'visualised', so you can expect some fun playing with that stuff :) I really don't know to what extent though.

Is it me or do the moderators seem busy - I'm seeing that as something cool coming :) Have fun!

Hi Jcomm,

Last I heard (some time ago now), was that it is simulated, but not 'visualised', so you can expect some fun playing with that stuff :) I really don't know to what extent though.

Is it me or do the moderators seem busy - I'm seeing that as something cool coming :) Have fun!

Yep VIMANAMAN, looks / feels like something in the EDGE... :-)

Thx for the reply! I'll test it as soon as I get back to my simulator PC, next week only :-(