Mission editor features request

Guest ThomasDWeiss
I don't think that will happen... Eagle has enough feedback from users, testers, and they know what features a good mission editor should have but the Lock On editor seems to have a lot of hard coding in it that can't be fixed or changed without a major rewrite which would take a lot of time and resourses. That time and those resourse seem to be better used, from what I gather, on patching, Flaming Cliffs, and finishing Black Shark.

OK.

Black Shark should be released this year, then we will have to wait a couple of years for the next one.

Probably we will se a 1.3 released before we see a LO 2.0

2009 ?

It took me close to three months to finish my last missions - somehow it cooled my enthusiasm for doing it again. Maybe in six months I'll do an F-15 one again. Kind of tiring of the ME routine.

It took me close to three months to finish my last missions - somehow it cooled my enthusiasm for doing it again. Maybe in six months I'll do an F-15 one again. Kind of tiring of the ME routine.

Me too. After my last big attempt at making missions by hand, I thought, "Never again!"

Can I interest you in a DC? :)

-SK

Andrew,

I just tried and all AI mission run as the host of a newtork game and no log file was printed after all the AI action. I have to eat now then am of to Yellowknife till tomorrow morning.

Maybe it only works for player actions.

BTW... I didn't have any mission goals set so that might also be why.

Guest ThomasDWeiss
Me too. After my last big attempt at making missions by hand, I thought, "Never again!"

Can I interest you in a DC? :)

-SK

;)

Soon I'll catch myself starting all over again.

how about a screenshot of me ? Ain't I cute? :D

LockOn2006-03-1518-55-54-88.jpg

Needs ...

1. Random start up time: a start up time 10:xx with a xx being +1, +5, +10

2. Random start up X,Y,Z where X,Y,Z can be +1 km, +5 km, +10km, +20km

3. Option for AI: all AI excellent, good, ..., random

4. Option SHOW ALL

5. Option HIDE ALL

6. allow Player to fly any flyable fighter available to coalition

7. Option Random Weather

8. Option NOT to load any STATIC OBJECT NOT A TARGET for better FPS

As far as my insight into a mission file is: 1, 2, 3, 7 are all theoretically possible becos those are saved into the mission file :D. If ED could provide us with a .lua hook or something (or saved mission debriefing!) then a LUA script must be callable which could be used to apply weather, startuptimes etc changes to mission objects.

Maybe ED could delight us with such a possibility in the 1.2 release?

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Yeah, we have AFM--now let's have AME (Advanced Mission Editor)!!

Amen! to that :D :icon_supe :icon_supe :icon_supe :icon_supe :icon_supe

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Guest ThomasDWeiss