DCS September Newsletter

Revelation

• ED Team
Simply amazed ...

Really hope that L-39 issue to be solved so that all parts involved be satisifed, including us as end-users.

Just to joke a little: I hope F-18 map will not be 95% water :D

New scenery: Wake.;)

Anyway thanks for great updates.:)

Hornet Hornet Hornet:joystick:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing update!!!

HORNET! HORNET! HORNET!

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.69squadrone.it

S.O: Win7 64bit

MB: ASUS 1366 P6X58D-E (Audio card integrated)

CPU: INTEL Core i7 950 3.06Ghz 8MB

GPU: GTX470 Gainward 1280MB GDDR5 "Golden Sample"

HD: Western Digital 500GB WD5000AAKS 7200rpm 16MB

RAM: DDR3 1333Mhz PC10666 6GB Kingston

Accessories:TrackIR5 6DOF, Hotas Cougar.

Strictly a guess on my part but I think the F-18 map will be the Persian Gulf.I'm thinking desert terrain would be easier to make than say the jungles of Vietnam/North Korea,they could use assets from Nevada since it is a desert also,and finally because there is always some kind of conflict going on in the Middle East.

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

Shut up and take my money

Some mistakes with prices, example in newsletter FC3 11.99$ in the shop 15.99$ ?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/

It seems churlish to argue about this, but this isn't the first time ED have sent misleading newsletters out with incorrect pricing. I'm sure it's a genuine mistake, but to this simhead on a budget, it's the difference between buying one module or two.

Now. Having said that, please take my money. One copy of Flaming Cliffs please :joystick:

i5-12400F, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX, MSI RTX4060 8GB, 1TB Corsair Pro NVME.

Finally, I can run DCS!!!

...but about netcode and many issue in DCS World and modules?

I don't want to list, everybody know.

When will be resolve?

Mighty LARGE Elephant.....Small Bites necessary to consume said Elephant.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Excellent news concerning the Hornet, can't wait! And hope the map is the Persian Gulf, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Iraq. But as someone other stated it seems it will be Korea.

I've been dying for a mid-east map since the days of F15 Strike Eagle 3. All these lush forests and grass and hills are great, but I really want a relevant map.

i5-12400F, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX, MSI RTX4060 8GB, 1TB Corsair Pro NVME.

Finally, I can run DCS!!!

Korea can easily serve as a Vietnam map, too!

What? Only similarities are the general shape of the country cause last time I checked there are no jungles in Korea and no snow in Vietnam.

I really hope for a Persian Gulf map, lots of our planes will fit there.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

hmmm, sea of japan or east china sea would kill two birds with one stone; in terms of a period map for the sabre and fagot, while putting a US aircraft carrier into its current "pivot" and what is very much a potential flashpoint. All for a good deal of the same terrain building work.

middle east... meh.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What? Only similarities are the general shape of the country cause last time I checked there are no jungles in Korea and no snow in Vietnam.

I really hope for a Persian Gulf map, lots of our planes will fit there.

Exactly, people assume too often that all Asian countries are similar to each other. Not to mentioning totally different topography those countries have.

desert - Middle-East

jungle - Asia

Sadly it goes like this too often.

+1 to Persian Gulf.

hmmm, sea of japan or east china sea would kill two birds with one stone; in terms of a period map for the sabre and fagot, while putting a US aircraft carrier into its current "pivot" and what is very much a potential flashpoint. All for a good deal of the same terrain building work.

middle east... meh.

This, and it can easily include Vladivostok, giving the russian planes a reason to be on the map (and ED is a russian company with many russian users).

We know the Nevada map is 360x360km (129,600km2). North Korea has a total area of 120,540km2. Including all of NK, parts of the south (border to Seoul), and bits of China and Russia (Vladivostok) in one map should be posible. Especially if you make the less relevant areas low-res.

Ability to access new maps that will be sold as separate modules.

In addition to the actual aircraft, there are other elements that need to be created such as an improved Nimitz-class aircraft carrier, much better carrier operations, and a new combat theater map tailored to this aircraft.

nice newsletter, cant wait to get that hornet :)

anyway, would it be possible to clarify, if the map for the hornet will be sold within the hornet module, or if we have to purchase both seperatly?

dont get me wrong, paying for a map is fine for me, lots of work be made for one map of a usefull size, but how will it work?

i.e.:

- all maps seperate purchase

- all maps seperate purchase, but some aircrafts might bring the theater with them

- all modules seperate, but there might be bundles that give a discount compared buying seperate modules (Aircraft + theater)

if you ED already know how you want to do this, i would appreciate if you could explain it, guess some folks in here needs to know how much money to safe away for this stuff :D

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

If that's true GeorgeLKMT, who is going to buy the Virtual Pilots L39 after ED has developed it's own? Sounds a little unfair for the third party developer.

There was a discussion about that already in the L-39 thread. I guess we're just not in position to judge what's fair or unfair or how this whole situation will develop. Time will tell. One way or another, we're getting L-39.