Bf109-K4, my next ww2 add-on in DCS :-)

Anatoli-Kagari9

Just bought the pre-release :-)

Looking fwd for November ;-)

Yesterday I finally gave up on my other ww2 sim. I just couldn't concentrate on both, actually 3 combat sims at the same time, and in terms of accuracy, nothing comes really close to what we get in DCS...

With the upcoming EDGE, things can only get better!!!

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

You know this is the FW190D9 section right?

Congratz on your purchase :)

It's the closest we can get to the ME until it gets its own subforum :pilotfly:

Go JComm .. me too mate, I've bought it as well.

I'm resolved to buy every DCS WWII aircraft and CA addon .. :D

• Like 1

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

:DI.WILL.BUY.EVERY.DCS.STANDARD.WWII.ADDON.(and DCS standard GA addon).THAT.COMES.OUT.

... so help me god .. yada yada yada .. especially the FU-1D (or the Goodyear model LOL)

Edited by Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Indeed,

DCS is following a good strategy. Being a small team, ED and partner developers are, IMO, gathering the interest from the various parts of the Combat Sim community.

The theater may well not be the best right now to use ww2 aircraft, or even Cold War time jets, but heck, for me I play them as if I were one of those lucky guys that has a few of these models in the hangar... Most of the time I simply fly around with this models, just to be able to appreciate all of the extraordinary modeling details that they put into it.

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

LOL......I only wish the 109 had come out before the 190. I would have preferred it over the Dora.

As it stands, I have 3 AC in beta. I resolved not to purchase any more until at least one of the ones I have is a final release (or out of beta). This is just getting crazy, no manuals, no training vids, lots of fixes to be done. Although I really do love what's being done and where DCS is going, I can't see taking on any more stuff until the stuff I have is complete in some form. Too bad because I really do want the 109.

And yes........I am aware that this is the 190 section.

To be fair, the manual issue relates only to one developer. I agree though, there does need to be a lot more urgency from some when it comes to passing the Beta stage of development. It is time DCS introduced a strict time-scale as part of any 3rd party developer's integration. I do however see that most 3rd party teams are intent on full releases from the word go.

Are you aware that the manuals are embedded within the module file structure - always in a folder called docs, which is found in the mods/aircrafts/Fw 190 D-9 in the case of the Dora?

Most of the time I simply fly around with this models, just to be able to appreciate all of the extraordinary modeling details that they put into it.

That's me, too. I get a lot of fun from doing flying around, practicing take-offs and landings.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

LOL......I only wish the 109 had come out before the 190. I would have preferred it over the Dora.

As it stands, I have 3 AC in beta. I resolved not to purchase any more until at least one of the ones I have is a final release (or out of beta). This is just getting crazy, no manuals, no training vids, lots of fixes to be done. Although I really do love what's being done and where DCS is going, I can't see taking on any more stuff until the stuff I have is complete in some form. Too bad because I really do want the 109.

And yes........I am aware that this is the 190 section.

Well, the point of the betas is for us to try them out and feed back any issues. I just hope everyone is doing that or when it is released there could be a raft of complaints over things that may have been overlooked. Having said that there is no specific Bug reporting Sticky, the issues are all mixed in with the general posts.

'In another place' some betas were taken by the guys to be a finished item and just complained about faults instead of feeding them back. I know that's not what you are doing but some guys do lose sight of the point of the excercise.

• Like 1

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

:DI.WILL.BUY.EVERY.DCS.STANDARD.WWII.ADDON.(and DCS standard GA addon).THAT.COMES.OUT.

... so help me god .. yada yada yada .. especially the FU-1D (or the Goodyear model LOL)

Me too, I'll buy 'em all! Especially if the make a "Whistling Death"... :thumbup:

• Like 2

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

AFAIK the G6 was the most 'maneuverable' of all the Me109s, wrt to weight, engine power, speed and armament.

Rall says that he preferred this aircraft to the FW190 and the Me109K.. saying that the K was too heavy due to the 30mm system.

But he added that the pilot had to be a marksman to make the G6 effective.

I think the G6 would probably be a good match for the P51D and upcoming Spitfire.

AFAIK the G6 was the most 'maneuverable' of all the Me109s, wrt to weight, engine power, speed and armament.

Rall says that he preferred this aircraft to the FW190 and the Me109K.. saying that the K was too heavy due to the 30mm system.

But he added that the pilot had to be a marksman to make the G6 effective.

I think the G6 would probably be a good match for the P51D and upcoming Spitfire.

The most maneuverable was F series. G6 suffered from weight creep and aerodynamic uncleanness (bulges here and there, non-retractable tailwheel and so on). I am too lazy to look for exact quote, but Rall has said something along these lines: G6 wasn't terrible, we did ok with it, but it was far from F agility wise.

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.