hotas pic

• ED Team

Ok, im trying to make up my mind... should i go for the X-52? It sure looks kinda cool :)

I want good movement in the stick too, not like this crappy thing im using here, which you can move like 2-3 inches up/down - left/right, its damn hard to fly formation- or even just level flying.

very cool setups guys (hehe Depede)

throttle (bigger image in the thumbnails): made up of electrical tape (heheh I need to make a new handle), sidewinder prec pro and sidewinder 3d pro. I just soldered wires to the buttons on the base to make the additional buttons on the handle. Next to the throttle is a coffee cup warmer ;)

stick: MS FF2. I put an old mousepad underneath and it's held down onto the desk, so it doesn't vibrate or rattle when the force feedback is in. All the controls on the base of the joystick and the throttle lever on the joystick are for winamp only ;)

[edit]Imported all images as thumbs

jetfirethrottle.jpg.6ecc95cff4fb256b639d5d15315d1a3b.jpg

comp3.jpg.40deae684b14899d0d0b0954e7ffb02c.jpg

sig36aa.jpg

Thanks Colt for the heads-up about the Franken Potato mod. I didn't realize that was a TQ "crammed" into the Pro Throttle. Honestly, though I knew CH had come out with the TQ, I never looked at it at all as it seemed like something only GA sim pilots would want. I had no idea until I started chasing this thread what you can do with a TQ. Now I'm wanting one real bad! I'm especially excited that it doesn't present a problem for my "left handed" rig. I tend to ignore most hotas products for that reason.

Ruggbutt, I've "stolen" some of your really nice script work (e.g. differential brakes) and your setup is probably where mine is going. I am really intrigued with your ergodex. I suspect though that the TQ with 12 flip switches and all those axes will take me down the road pretty far. Maybe after I settle in with the TQ I can start thinking about an Ergodex.

Thanks for all the ideas guys. This is really becoming a great thread!

-mark

signature.jpg

---------- Click here for details ----------

Abit AV8 MB, AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1.5 GB DDR, GeForce 6600GT/256MB AGP,

CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pro Pedals/Throttle Quad/DT225 Trackball, TIR4

• ED Team

And i still can't make up my mind, i'm reading some places that the x-52 causes the planes to move left/right by itself over time, and some buttons are placed so you keep pushing them by accident....hmm..

I dunno what to do! lol

And i still can't make up my mind, i'm reading some places that the x-52 causes the planes to move left/right by itself over time, and some buttons are placed so you keep pushing them by accident....hmm..

I dunno what to do! lol

If not X52 the only valid option is the CH combo...or turn to el cheapo crapy sticks with worse problems than triggering buttons by accident (yes because they could have been better placed IMHO). As for the drift problem, those users forgot all about the deadzone, wich for me is ZERO.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I dunno what to do! lol

I've never had a problem with my plane flying itself....odd. I know some people complained about big deadzone on early production units, but i don't have that either.

And as far as hitting buttons by accident...never had that either. the handrest is adjustable up and down so that your thumb can be in easy reach of all controls no matter your hand size. But maybe my experience is not typical? If you are in much doubt I suggest you go to a retail store where they are sold ad get your hands on it. but, like I said i've had mine for 1.5 years and it's been a solid performer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I modded my MS SW FFB with the Handle of teh X45. A little bit of sewing and drilling and screwing .... and every Button and Force Feedback works.:icon_supe

But see yourself ;-)

fBsQL9xn.jpgDXUvoEPt.jpg824i7nGB.jpg

S!

Brati

@DEPEDE: I have to think about a similar Solution for my new born Twins ;-)

"Helicopters can't fly; they're just so ugly the earth repels them." (THX Rich :thumbup: )

33rdsignatureimage7klmu6.jpg

When I first posted this picture, I wondered if there might be something in the picture I didn't want anyone to see. I never thought ya'll might start making fun of my phone! :)

I guess this is sorta revealing about me. I never get rid of anything if it's still getting the job done. BTW, that phone used to be white about 20 years ago! Ha ha!

signature.jpg

---------- Click here for details ----------

Abit AV8 MB, AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1.5 GB DDR, GeForce 6600GT/256MB AGP,

CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pro Pedals/Throttle Quad/DT225 Trackball, TIR4

Unfortunately I missed out on getting one of those chips for my FLCS/TQS but thats ok as the PlasmaV2 is a USB interface that I can use to make it into USB connection. My split throttle is a Suncom SFS I bought from someone over the net, it will be my first project for USB conversion. Hopefully finished in time for FOs F-15E. The PlasmaV2 is also upgradeable so if I go and start building an F-15E pit then I have the ability with the PlasmaV2.

http://www.betainnovations.com/

http://www.combatsim.com/archive/htm/htm_arc4/sunthr.htm

So you run your FLCS through the PlasmaV2 and it is converted to digital USB? What do you use to program it? Where is the gameport connection from the HOTAS plugged in to?

Very interesting piece of kit! Thanks for sharing the info.

>Zuki wrote

>Mines semi unique

Zuki,

Dude! That is NOT semi-unique!

You've got to expain what all that is. Are those toggle switches on the base? What is the big knob thing on the back? Does Control Manager see that stuff?

Details! Details! Details!

Its a Franken potato, Its made by Ken King AKA 531_Ghost, he does a mighty fine job. All the info is here http://www.simhq.com/_technology2/technology_076a.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Zuki" Resident mud mover

CH HOTAS untill it breaks(for life)!

Not affiliated with any "squad":thumbup:

So you run your FLCS through the PlasmaV2 and it is converted to digital USB? What do you use to program it? Where is the gameport connection from the HOTAS plugged in to?

Yeah that caught my attention too.

I have a CH FighterStick + ProThrottle HOTAS(as good as new) collecting dust in the attic because they are the old gameport versions. I dont have gameports in either of my machines ....and even if I did, the programming software doesnt work under WinXP. :(

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Very interesting piece of kit! Thanks for sharing the info.

Not yet, the hotas will be converted.eg gutted of all old circuits and wires run to each button and pot connecting to the PlasmaV2. I still have to wait for the Plasma to arrive, might take a couple weeks and I'll keep you guys posted on my progress. It might take a while to get everything working and also put Hall Effect sensors pots for better range and sensitivity.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Yeah that caught my attention too.

I have a CH FighterStick + ProThrottle HOTAS(as good as new) collecting dust in the attic because they are the old gameport versions. I dont have gameports in either of my machines ....and even if I did, the programming software doesnt work under WinXP. :(

Cheers,

- JJ.

If it uses Gameport/keyboard then you have to convert it to USB as the windows XP will block it from working. It has its own software that you use to programme it.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Hi Subs,

If it uses Gameport/keyboard then you have to convert it to USB..

How would I go about doing that?.

...as the windows XP will block it from working. It has its own software that you use to programme it.

Well I dont think WinXP will actually block it from working - but it will block the associated software from accessing the controllers and thus not allow you to program them.

I experimented a little with this with my old Saitek PC-Dash(gameport version) - I realised that if I used the onboard barcode reader(swiped an old barcode overlay) instead of using the programming software(which didnt work at all - didnt see the controller), the programmed commands actually worked under WinXP.

For CH gameport devices I believe someone made a third party programming utility, which allows you to program them from DOS.....but of course I would still need a 15-pin gameport to connect them and I dont know how stable/functional such a solution would be.

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Thanks for the "feedback" on the sticks... eventually, what you say may make me go and buy it.. lol..

I bought X-52 one month ago, just plugged in the USB cable and it started working as a dream. Go get it :)

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Not yet, the hotas will be converted.eg gutted of all old circuits and wires run to each button and pot connecting to the PlasmaV2. I still have to wait for the Plasma to arrive, might take a couple weeks and I'll keep you guys posted on my progress. It might take a while to get everything working and also put Hall Effect sensors pots for better range and sensitivity.

Sounds very interesting SUBS!

Please keep us updated.

Hi Subs,

How would I go about doing that?.

Well I dont think WinXP will actually block it from working - but it will block the associated software from accessing the controllers and thus not allow you to program them.

I experimented a little with this with my old Saitek PC-Dash(gameport version) - I realised that if I used the onboard barcode reader(swiped an old barcode overlay) instead of using the programming software(which didnt work at all - didnt see the controller), the programmed commands actually worked under WinXP.

For CH gameport devices I believe someone made a third party programming utility, which allows you to program them from DOS.....but of course I would still need a 15-pin gameport to connect them and I dont know how stable/functional such a solution would be.

Cheers,

- JJ.

I read somewhere that Windows XP blocks gameport/keyboard hotas setups for security purposes. There is only 2 ways around it with a thrustmaster FLCS, either buy the chip which is no longer made or convert to USB. Theres also the option of going to an earlier version of windows.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Someone asked to see what my hotas setup looked like since mine is rather unique. After going to the trouble, thought I'd post it here.

Oh yes, concerning the uniqueness...

When I got this setup about three years ago, I never could get used to flying righthanded so I made my own handles out of fibreglass. So much for the warranty!

A left-handed HOTAS?

Nice!

If you've still got the moulds, might you consider making a limited number of stick-sets for other members of the community?