New Build

I've been searching for two days now (both here and other sites) and still can't find all the answers. I've been off of DCS for 4 years, work and baby, but looking to get back in. I am building a new rig and need some help with multi-monitors and multi-gpu. There are many threads on these items (I've been reading them) but still need help.

Build:

Haswell-E 5960X Watercooled hope to get at least 4.3Ghz

(I know the 8 cores are not supported but do creation stuff as well)

ASUS Rampage V

16Gig DDR4 RAM

Couple of SSD Drives

Now the questions:

I want three monitors. No MFDs to export, just surround viewing.

From what I've read SLI is not supported for single card, but would GTX780Ti SLI help in the three monitor world? I have read conflicting arguments. Any FPS differences in three monitors on a single 780Ti vs 2x780Ti SLI. Then someone else stated run two 780Ti's not SLIed?!? What's the current thinking? Any updates on Edge and capabilities with it?

I'm still on WinVista, what OS are you guys running? 7 vs 7 Ultimate vs 8?

Thanks for the help.

Asus Rampage II

i7 920 @ 3.8

EVGA580GTX

6G Corsair

WinVista64

Hog

Searching again today and keep finding the same posts and no answers.

Can anyone using GTX 780 weigh in? FPS with three monitors. Most of the threads talk about no SLI improvement on one monitor, then others say on multi monitors SLI does work. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

Asus Rampage II

i7 920 @ 3.8

EVGA580GTX

6G Corsair

WinVista64

Hog

One 780 Ti is plenty for three monitors at the moment, and SLi isn't supported yet. You can get another one when EDGE comes out if you need to maintain 60 fps.

Also, Nvidia's new 900 series is supposed to be on sale in as soon as a week. May be worth waiting for.

Hi Nightcargo

The opinion of ED is SLI is not supported so there is no reason why it would improve game play.

I was using SLI on 3 x 22" monitors . In my opinion there was an inprovement in game play. I have 3 x evga GTX 570 oc cards conected to a matrox th2go . You are limited to a max of 60 FPS with a matrox.

I am now running 6 monitors ,for my home pit, and cant use Sli in this configuration but I would if I could.

Everyone is waiting for EDGE to be released , soon hopfully . I dont know if this will change how sli runs.

So IF you have It use It, But maybe not buy specialy for DCSW at this time.

Mark.

Home built X-58FTW,i7 950, 3 x GTX570oc,

screens; 3 x 22", 19", 17", 9" :D

My pit. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=121598

Using Nvidia Inspector thee is a SLI profile, but I'm not sure how efficient it is. I imagine Edge will make it much more scalable.

I run x3 1080p monitors on a tri-sli 660ti setup and have no issue with framerates. I run pretty maxed out save AA (use Sweetfx for SMAA) and tree shadows off. Couldn't tell you my framerates is, I stopped flying fps counters long ago and us feel to shape my perception.

Not a big MP guy so I can't tell you how it flies in a busy server, etc.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Thanks for the input guys. I thought I had the Rampage V ordered, but got an email that it's out of stock. So waiting for the new 900's is a great idea. Even if I can't get one, the 780's should drop in price.

Ace your pit is amazing! I've got some descent building skills but no time for anything close to that. Excellent work!

Asus Rampage II

i7 920 @ 3.8

EVGA580GTX

6G Corsair

WinVista64

Hog

Hi, have a look at this link : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=128609

You have full tests with 780 and 780 Sli in 3 monitor setup. Very recent thread, it helped me quite a bit.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

It seems DCS scales well with SLI right now. When I fired up the visual indicator it is using all 3 cards and is always over 3/4 full.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11