Be ready for this ...

YoYo

... Where is my Kobuleti air base?

Screen_140908_000158_zpsfb65e69d.jpg

btw. 10 kt (RN-24) You can check here http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/ .

bombardowaniewedugpunkt.png

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

thats a big hole... explosion on zone trigger?

Cold... ;).

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

oh wow... that will make for some interesting MP scenarios.

can we limit the # per af using the warehouse function in ME?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

The AI MiG-21s have had that "feature" for weeks now. Perhaps we can get a ME nuclear option switch to limit their use or I'll have to put up hundreds of Patriot batteries to swat the Fishbeds from the sky.

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The AI MiG-21s have had that "feature" for weeks now. Perhaps we can get a ME nuclear option switch to limit their use or I'll have to put up hundreds of Patriot batteries to swat the Fishbeds from the sky.

just remove the nuke weapon from the airfield weapon resupply list.

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Or leave it, maybe limiting its quantities. It will take strategy, cooperation and a lot of luck to get a MIG-21 in position to deliver a tactical nuke, bypassing more modern jets in the air and air defenses.

YoYo do you have more data from the delivery graph?

As far as I could find the Mig-21 pilot should accelerate to 1050 km/h in low and level flight, climb at a 45 degrees angle and release de bomb at 3000 meters. The bomb should impact the ground 7 km from release point following a ballistic curve..

The second method fore release is more accurate but more dangerous: release over the shoulder. Mig-21 Pilot fly over the target, then climbs vertical and release the bomb at 105 degrees nose up angle watching the target area just over his shoulder. The bomb continues climbing vertical and then falls back impacting under the release point.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

A few possible nukey mission options for multiplayer :

- Limit amount of RN-24 and RN-28 available at airbases

- Don't put any nukes, put a Nuke equipped MiG-21 slot, and limit amount of MiG-21 available on that airbase

- This one's a bit fancy : Don't put any nukes or nuke loaded MiGs on airbase, but make some nukes available on a far airbase, at the end of a potentially hazardous route. MiG takes off, either sneak or fight through / around the way, land, equip nuke, take off, and try to employ it.

I'd say sounds fun, don't you? :P

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Here video example of movie with Su-7:

http://www.16va.be/videos/su-7_8u49.avi

MiG-21 bis had for this kind of attack (only) dedicated bombsight on the canopy (on both sides small pyramides - support devices).

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Nice (but short) video YoYo.

Do you have more info from the delivey graph you posted? It isn't in the english manual for the export version of the Mig-21 BIS.

I would like to know the distance values for A and B and the velocity of V. Thanks.

@WinterH: good options!!

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

Does the tactical nuke serve a purpose right now? I have the strange feeling it's just a buggy, scaled bomb crater without any splash damage (or a very little amount). I can't really understand why there shouldn't be real nukes in DCS.

Hardware: Intel i7-6700K (OC) - 16GB DDR4 (OC) - Asus Z170 - MSI GTX 1080 (OC)

Input: TrackIR 5 - Thrustmaster Warthog

I am not too sure if the Atomic Option adds to playability.

If unlimited and too easy to access/deploy it will all be about delivering the nukes and the hunt for the Mig-21. Everything else becomes irrelevant if you now there are 2 Mig's inbound that if they make it the map is ruined and the server needs a restart. Who wants to fight on with 2 less airfields etc...

Maybe a nice gimmick, but apart from that, I think it is nonsense.

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Its a nuke it does not need precision:music_whistling:

I think in a MP scenario it is a game killer but for a SP or co-operative style mission there are some very interesting scenarios potentially:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i think it ADDS TREMENDOUSLY to "playability"

i can't think of anything with more imperative than having to stop a potential nuclear bomber from getting through the defenses

same for the other side.. the only hope for survival is getting this bomber through to its target

clashes!

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i think it ADDS TREMENDOUSLY to "playability"

i can't think of anything with more imperative than having to stop a potential nuclear bomber from getting through the defenses

same for the other side.. the only hope for survival is getting this bomber through to its target

clashes!

The =31st= Combined Ops Group has a mission running on its server called "Airfield attack" it's pretty much exactly what you are talking about, bad weather, lots of planes, and 2 nukes per side :thumbup:

• Like 1

Member of Combined-Ops-Group

Here is an excellent site with more informations about tactical nuclear weapons delivery by the VVS:

http://www.16va.be/3.8_armes_speciales_eng_part1.html

I can highly recommend reading more on the http://www.16va.be site, it has a lot of information about the Soviet air force in Germany.

Nice read! Thank you

My DCS stream

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Past broadcasts, Highlights

Currently too much to do... But watch and (maybe) learn something :)

Admittedly, haven't study properly about how to use nukes from tactical aircraft recently, but nevertheless, I've tried with what I remember from stuff I have read earlier. What I have found with nukes in module so far :

- RN-24, although looking larger, does no damage to vehicles, but seem to damage structures, this may also be reason behind some reports MiGs not getting damaged flying over their nuke explosions, perhaps...

- RN-28, does quite a number on vehicles in a fairly large radius, but apparently not on heavier tanks like Abrams, which seem to take zero damage.

- I have failed to be accurate enough with dive drops per manual, or fancy over the shoulder release method of doing a loop right over the target and releasing at 110 degrees climb angle, well I'm not precise enough :D

- I have succeeded with following method : with RN-28, approach target area at very low altitude and at 1200-1300 km/h, when 5 km away from target, pop up, at 30 degrees climb angle release the bomb, finish the loop and run away. Bomb will loft to target area with quite enough ballpark accuracy, but this method requires some sort of terrain feature to use as reference in target area.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Some nice info from Mig-21 by Alexandre Mladenov:

NUCLEAR FIGHTERBOMBERS

There were several MiG-21 variants that featured dedicated subvariants

with added-on nuclear capability, distinguished by the letter N

(derived from the word Nositel – carrier [of a nuclear bomb]) in their

type designation. The MiG-21S’ nuclear-capable derivative bore the

Type 95N designation; MiG-21SM – Type 95MT (or Type 15N); MiG-

21SMT – Type 50N; MiG-21M – Type 96N; MiG-21MF – Type 96FN; and

the MiG-21bis – Type 75N.

The nuclear-capable Fishbeds introduced dedicated wiring to enable

use of a single nuclear bomb carried on the centreline pylon, together

with a control panel in the cockpit, installed on the top of the fixed

windscreen frame. The control panel enabled the pilot to arm the bomb,

perform its emergency jettisoning and set the desired type of detonation

– airburst or upon impact with the ground. The Soviet Air Force’s threesquadron

fighter-bomber regiments, stationed in the 1970s and 1980s in

East Germany and some other East European counties, had one of their

component squadrons permanently equipped for the tactical nuclear

role, with the nuclear bomb’s control panel always installed. Ground

crews regularly practised fitting training rounds, while pilots practised

delivery profiles using standard practice bombs.

The nuclear bomb was designed for delivery in either level flight

or by the so-called toss-bombing method. The latter called first for

acceleration in ultra-level flight at low level to 1,050km/h, then a 45º

climb and release of the bomb at about 1,500m (4,920ft), which then

impacted the ground some 7km from the release point or detonated

in the air at low level in order to deliver a better blast wave

destructive effect on surface targets.

There was another, more precise derivative of the toss-bombing

method – the so-called over-the-shoulder release – which called for

acceleration in level flight to 1,050km/h at 100m (330ft) above the

terrain and then commencement of a looping manoeuvre. Bomb

release took place when the nose went just beyond the vertical, at a

106º pitch angle, and at an altitude of about 3,000m (9,840ft). In this

event, after release the bomb travelled on a ballistic trajectory, initially

going sharply upwards and then reversing downwards, hitting the

ground immediately beneath the release point. After release, the MiG-

21 pilot had 1–2 minutes to escape from the blast wave at full

afterburner before the bomb’s detonation, at a distance of some 10km.

The RN-28 bomb was the main nuclear weapon carried by Soviet

tactical aircraft in the 1970s and 1980s, superseding an earlier design

known as the RN-25. A low-yield weapon, the RN-28 was equipped

with a programmable control unit that allowed the type of desired

detonation – airburst or upon impact with the ground – to be set

before take-off, while the bomb’s yield was adjustable between 1 and

10 kilotons.

I have the book in my smart phone, so that's where I got the idea of low level acceleration & pop-up attack :D sure rings some bells. I even had "7km" in my mind when I tried first but couldn't lob it that far.

But I wasn't quite working the numbers right then, I'll try to improve it to 6-7 km if I can :)

DCS-Dismounts Script