Warthog Throttle wiggle

Just notice my warthog's right throttle has a slight wiggle to it when it's in the cut off position. I can giggle it around a bit.

One I place it in the idle position, it's more solid but still has a slight looseness to it.

Anyone else have this issue?

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

Mine is solid all the way around. The three way switch outboard on the left throttle is very weak in feel. And, unfortunately, I am beginning to get stiction (friction until you start to move) on the joystick.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

I posted about this a little while ago. Both of my throttles wiggle right the way through, right one more so (it is a couple of years old mind you)! I opened the throttle up and tried tightening things up then placed a thin piece of card between the linkage which prevented the wiggle for a while. Seems to have come out now though as the movement has returned. It is mildly annoying I must admit.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• 1 month later...

I just bought my first warthog and straight out of the box the right throttle is wiggeling. When I try to use the china the right throttle handle will "twist" forward a couple of milimeters.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Actually. Both of them are wiggeling. But the right one is a bit annoying. I don't wanna send it back because it seems like I might be able to fix it myself by just tightening some screws or something but I'm hesitant to open it since it's just a couple of days old. Any ideas?

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Actually. Both of them are wiggeling. But the right one is a bit annoying. I don't wanna send it back because it seems like I might be able to fix it myself by just tightening some screws or something but I'm hesitant to open it since it's just a couple of days old. Any ideas?

First of all, you should contact Thrustmaster.

Send them a ticket in there support forum. Maybe they have a solution for you without voiding there warranty.

If not, and you can be without it, send it back.....

They have a very good support.

Got spare parts for my racing-wheel at no cost, twice!

Regards

DrStrix

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

Hey Strix. Thanks for the reply.

I just sent them an email as you suggested.

Hopefully they'll get back with some good info. I really don't want to send it back. It's just minor problems. But with the price I paid for it, small things like this shouldn't be there when its brand new.

Anyway, if anyone else has any info I would greatly appreciate it

Mine is solid all the way around...

This is something all units have, the cause is how it is internally constructed.

"Tightening" some screws won't do anything, and to be honest you'll get used to it.

Well, apparently not it would seem

I've also asked a friend that owns one. He doens't have this. The guys I fly with that owns warthogs don't either. Of course it might be a bit of a miss-communication regarding the issue. But I've asked them to move the throttle sides ways, wiggling it or any which way, they have no jerking or wiggeling. Bending is one thing, but this is not it.

• 7 years later...

Mine is brand new, straight out of amazon. It wiggles all the way through, specially the left engine one. They don't make them like they used to. It's literally worse than the X-56 I had previous. Less than a week of use.

On 11/11/2014 at 4:01 PM, trinmas4321 said:

This is something all units have, the cause is how it is internally constructed.

"Tightening" some screws won't do anything, and to be honest you'll get used to it.

Isn't there plenty of evidence to the contrary? And to be honest that vague response merits a reply.

Or translation: Thrustmaster or better said Guillemont as all coporations, in their endless quest to cut costs has raised the tolerance levels of their products to ridiculous levels of abuse by hiring cheaper manufacturing contractors and you should shut up and suck it!!

What you did is not cool.

Edited by einarabelc5

On 8/19/2022 at 9:33 AM, einarabelc5 said:

Mine is brand new, straight out of amazon. It wiggles all the way through, specially the left engine one. They don't make them like they used to. It's literally worse than the X-56 I had previous. Less than a week of use.

Isn't there plenty of evidence to the contrary? And to be honest that vague response merits a reply.

Or translation: Thrustmaster or better said Guillemont as all coporations, in their endless quest to cut costs has raised the tolerance levels of their products to ridiculous levels of abuse by hiring cheaper manufacturing contractors and you should shut up and suck it!!

What you did is not cool.

Well that was his opinion 8 years ago, take a comfy seat for further answers lol

• Like 2

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2022 at 6:29 AM, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Well that was his opinion 8 years ago, take a comfy seat for further answers lol

It doesn't matter. A lie is a lie, yesterday tomorrow and today, and I couldn't care less. For example, see what Jordan Peterson has to say about Nihilism and how framing things in a way where nothing matters is literally moot.

Edited by einarabelc5