Su25T Wingman Not Responding

VAF [136] Striker

I built a simple mission for our squad to fly that uses A-10C, F-15 and Su25T. The 15's and Su25's both had AI wingmen because we only had one person to fly each lead aircraft. The person that does the Su25T role has constant problems with the AI wingman. He refuses to answer any radio commands. Also, the ATC will not come through on his system but he can hear the ATC from our headset mic's.

It seems like these issues might be related but we're not sure. The AI wingman follows him around but will not respond to orders. Example, if he orders him to attack the air defenses, he just follows around doing nothing. Is this a bug in the game? The reason I ask is I've had the same issue before doing quick missions like "Defend Camp Yankee". I give the AI wingman orders and he just ignores me.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok. odd. This probably isn't it but in the mission editor, when you select the Su-25T group, is the "COMM" field (beside the BORT # field) checked? I just discovered that if it isn't, you can't communicate with your wingman. This doesn't seem to affect ATC though.

Yes, it was checked, and for both aircraft. But one other thing that might be a problem. I have to check with the guy that flew the Su25 but in his options he might have the box ticked for easy communication. Would that cause a problem is the server is set to "false"? I would think the server would override the client settings but just grasping for answers.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, he had easy coms checked on his system so my only thought is that it was somehow conflicting with the server setting. He tested it and was able to communicate with ATC and the wingman after he unchecked the box.

I find this to be somewhat strange because I would like to believe that the server overrides the clients settings. If the server is supposed to override the clients settings then this means it's not working correctly and this is problem that should be addressed.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]