FC3 aircraft testing and data

Exorcet

I resumed doing fuel testing on the F-15C and decided to share some results in case anyone finds it useful.

The following chart results from measured flight testing in DCS. Plane was set to test altitude in ME and flown with auto pilot on. Throttle position was held constant, so speed was not constant. lb/nmi, int fuel, and int range are calculations and not measurements. F-15 was loaded with 6 AIM-120C, 2 AIM-9M and 2 drop tanks.

Fuel rem at 150 miles is the fuel remaining after flying 150 nmi

Range at 1000 lbs fuel is how far the plane had flown according to the HSI when fuel hit exactly 1000 lbs (drop tanks were not dropped).

F-15Cfuelchart_zpsae2785aa.png

The following charts are not measurements, but estimates calculated from in game and Wikipedia data. Stall, Mach number, and engine performance were ignored. Some inputs are questionable, like non induced CD which was a complete guess.

F-15Cflightperformance_zpsbd0250c8.png

F-15Cflightperformance3_zpsa040d260.png

I may periodically add more to this and welcome others to post similar data and testing for other FC3 planes.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

...Wikipedia data?

We have, and you can have a -1 which is the tall deal. The in game aircraft corresponds well, but because drag for stores isn't quite right the accuracy goes down with payload.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

...Wikipedia data?

I know... it's one of those things that was supposed to be simple but ended up becoming more complicated. It shouldn't be that bad though, I was mostly looking up things like wing area. I'd say the more important bit is the fuel consumption chart and that's in sim measurement.

We have, and you can have a -1 which is the tall deal. The in game aircraft corresponds well, but because drag for stores isn't quite right the accuracy goes down with payload.

I wasn't posting this to question the aircraft's modeling, more for my own knowledge. Most of the time I guesstimate what speed/alt I should be flying at but I wanted a little bit of validation. I plan to repeat these tests down to lower speeds and with some higher altitudes.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files