[FW 190D-9] II-JG1 Red 21 - 1944

wormeaten

I'm working on FW-190D9 II-JG1 from 1944.

attachment.php?attachmentid=104416&d=1410546764

attachment.php?attachmentid=104417&d=1410546764

attachment.php?attachmentid=104418&d=1410546764

It is my first skin and need some help guys. Need some details to be ready for published.

Originally should be red 21 number on side. My question is should I put this number directly as part of skin or you can change markings true description.lua or something so we could use same skin with multiple markings on plane?

Thanks.

Edited: it is published now and check it here.

Edited by wormeaten

Nice! That red looks very menacing.

I think you can put the number 21 on the side if you want because as far as I know the game doesn´t currently put any other custom numbers from the ME over your skin.

Yea unfortunately.

In some other games like for example Il2 CloD or ArmA you got place holders for such marks which could be added true some in game option or even like in ArmA your clan patch true XML.

This will be nice addition to the game. Something on what Devs should think about it definitely.

It is weerd that whole squadron have same markings on plane or to avoid need separate skin for itch individual plane.

OK I will place that number directly on skin and publish it soon.

Yea unfortunately.

In some other games like for example Il2 CloD or ArmA you got place holders for such marks which could be added true some in game option or even like in ArmA your clan patch true XML.

This will be nice addition to the game. Something on what Devs should think about it definitely.

It is weerd that whole squadron have same markings on plane or to avoid need separate skin for itch individual plane.

OK I will place that number directly on skin and publish it soon.

You DO have this in DCS, however not (yet?) for the 190. If I had to guess, I´d say it´s because there are so many different markings and symbols.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

You DO have this in DCS, however not (yet?) for the 190. If I had to guess, I´d say it´s because there are so many different markings and symbols.

So we got it in DCS too but not yet for Dora?

If this is the case I will release first with full markings on skin and update it when this will be available in Dora.

very nice :thumbup:

how is the prop nose cone painted irl ? stripes or spiral ?

if it spiral then please use spiral texture for the working/blurry/rotating nose cone too :thumbsup:

To be honest I don't know how to do this or is it possible at all. As I mention this is my first skin so need help with such technical details. It is spiral I made it on texture but I'm not sure do I need technically set up something. On the texture there is spiral pattern and blurry non spiral which I guess representing cone in rotation. I'm not sure that cone is really rotating at all so rotation is represented with static texture and I guess on high rpm this any way visually melt in similar shape.

Pleas correct me if I'm wrong.

Also I found some other sources and need to check it out to made it much as possible authentic. This skin is based on real plane colors used in WWII.

Edited by wormeaten

This skin is based on real plane colors used in WWII.

^ cool

of course the prop nose cone is rotating too and the spiral paint never will look stripes then

watch from 4:40

pretty sure if we see stripes on the rotating nose cone and we see spiral on the non-rotating nose cone (on the same skin) thats a bug or error of the skin maker

this is good:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/836/Screen_140424_231001.jpg_Thumbnail0.jpg

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/5b9/Screen_140828_163457.png_Thumbnail0.jpg

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

Also I found some other sources and need to check it out to made it much as possible authentic. This skin is based on real plane colors used in WWII.

FW 190 A7 i guess? I've never seen D9 with red nose and spinner. Cool scheme anyway. :)

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
как правильно установить Skin in DCS?

If I understand you correctly there is PSD template for this skin.

Searching internet for most exact data about it. You can find most stuff on modelers pages.

In this case this skin was used on FW 190A not D but we don't have A model in DCS so I made some adaptation but in essence this is exact painting used in II - JG1 in that period of time.

of course the prop nose cone is rotating too and the spiral paint never will look stripes then

Appologies for OT, but look at that prop thickness viewed from side. No where near what we have in DCS.

Edited by T}{OR

P8Z68 | 2500k @ 4.5 | GTX 1080Ti | 2x8 GB @ 1600 | TM Hog (extended 7cm) & MFG Crosswind (S/N 007) | TIR v5

WWII bomber formations | DCS P-51D: [TEST] TO distance / gross weight / temperature

Finally I find some time to finish the job.

Spinning cone is fixed and now spins all the time, so it is possible after all in the game.

This skin is based on real skin for F-190 A7 from 1944. I will be glad that we have A7 too here but we have only Dora that is only part which is not fully realistic.

You could download and check it out for your self on official users download section on DCS World web page.