Track IR 4 or 5?

I highly recommend the PRO CLIP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I highly recommend the PRO CLIP.

+1 on the Proclip.

Particularly if you have a window behind you and Verticle blinds like I do.

With the Hat clip, my view would sometimes jump wildly due to the blinds moving in a draft and the Light coming through would distract the camera.

But when using the Proclip, I have not had a single problem.

I use TrackIr 5 too. I have never tried the TrackIr 4, so can not comment on how it differs in use from the Tir5 unit.

Edited by Spasticatedtoad

I went from 4 to 5 a half year ago and i wish i had much earlier.

Resolution is much higher wich makes the Track movement alot smoother. Also because i have a house with alot of big glass windows the light use to make my track ir 4 work crap most of the time unless i would close the blinds but i dont have this problem with 5 unless im looking directly in the sun ;)

g8PjVMw.png

I went from 4 to 5 a half year ago and i wish i had much earlier.

Resolution is much higher wich makes the Track movement alot smoother. Also because i have a house with alot of big glass windows the light use to make my track ir 4 work crap most of the time unless i would close the blinds but i dont have this problem with 5 unless im looking directly in the sun ;)

Same, when the sun comes out to play my TR5/Pro clip goes haywire, but I am sitting looking out a south facing window here.

I went from a TR2 to the TR5 with Pro Clip what a difference :)

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Unless you are really strapped for cash you must go for the Tir5 and Pro clip.

Once purchased; disengage all center dead zones so that your head truly controls the view without any un natural center movement.

It takes a little getting used too and you need to apply some thought on moving your head in a controlled and mechanical manner. In real life your eyes compensate for sloppy head movement and this needs to be re learnt to allow precise movement.

TIR 5 with Pro clip has Superb precision, try the kamov's cannon permanently slaved to HMS and practice walking the cannons impact point all over your enemies.... sweet!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.