=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Your arguments are valid. The actual labels are annoying, totally unrealistic, spoil the surprise attacks.. that's why I also prefer them.. disabled.

So.. +1 for NO LABELS.

I to think that the labels are unrealistic. however until ED pulls it's finger out and sorts out the spotting, this is a good stop gap.

They are still visible through the cockpit and fuselage..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

its your server and you can do what you want of course, but this imo, is something you shoudn't restrict....for various reasons...

-what about VR users? dont you want them on your server?

- realistic FOV cannot be reached with screen anyway. either it looks distorted, or it will be too narrow to be realistic.

-people have different screens, and therefore, different FOVs are more or less realistic. depends on screensize, and distance.

realistic FOV is close to 180° when its about the human eye...having that on a screen in front of you will just look funny...without any advantage...so i dont quite understand why you would want to restrict it in the first place...

anyway,...all i know is, that once you begin to restric the FOV to something that will affect my personal FOV what i find fits to my monitor and my position towards it, thats the point where i definitely stop flying on your server...

just my personal opinion about the matter.

When you're zooming in/out you're changing the FOV anyway.. and I agree with David here.. if you restrict it and people can't use their set-ups, they won't join the server anymore.. I would disable those labels though.. altogether.. but that's only my own preference.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Announcement

Let me introduce new server labels utilizing new label features that has been implemented on the server. They will work only at 1-10 km. Everything you see above 10km is not labels but current DCS visibility issue that make contacts visible up to 55 km (I've measured). In regard to Burning Skies server labels instead of 100 words I've made 2 gifs to illustrate. Check them out (LEFT - Burning Skies server labels, RIGHT - default visibility):

Looks very good Eekz!

Could you possibly share the "Air Format =" lines of code in your labels.lua that you are using on your server?

I would like to check and perhaps use the same on DCS ISRAEL server for our WW2 missions.

Thanks in advance!

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

When you're zooming in/out you're changing the FOV anyway.. and I agree with David here.. if you restrict it and people can't use their set-ups, they won't join the server anymore.. I would disable those labels though.. altogether.. but that's only my own preference.

Labels will be reconsidered when new Caucasus comes out. For now we'll use them as current render can't provide acceptable visibility.

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

I am very new to DCS and the WW2 era planes really interest me. I currently own a P-51D and pre-ordered the Spitfire but it looks like I may have to get a 109 too. I am really excited to get to know some of the pilots that fly here often and become a better sim pilot myself. Keep an eye out for Stink inc online I will not be an easy kill forever, I hope.

I am very new to DCS and the WW2 era planes really interest me. I currently own a P-51D and pre-ordered the Spitfire but it looks like I may have to get a 109 too. I am really excited to get to know some of the pilots that fly here often and become a better sim pilot myself. Keep an eye out for Stink inc online I will not be an easy kill forever, I hope.

109 is hard to learn. If you are new to WW2 planes P-51 is in my opinion the best one to begin with. It's pretty comfortable to fly and learn basic tactics. I'd also like to say, that it's not 109 itself providing such good win %, but experienced pilots in 109s. Rookie pilot in 109 is easy target for P-51. Anyway, I wish you best of luck in multiplayer and we'll be glad to see you at our server :)

Edited by eekz

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook