=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Flew for a little bit on the server yesterday. Gotta say that I enjoyed the change of weather. Though it seemed that the labels mod was turned off. Flew for about an hour, below and above the cloud cover couldn't find anyone to save my life, despite a full server. Flew back to base for a pretty good landing. (Obligatory wingscrape at the end, damnit, Im still having huge troubles with those, its like the Spit is doing it on purpose just when you think you are slow and safe, bam!).

Is the weather planned to be like this for a while? I quite enjoyed it.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Glad to see the server doing so well. I jumped back in for a few flights (first since June) and i was shocked at the number of 190s in the air... what gives!? when did they become as popular as the k4?

Yeah every time I have been on this week their hasn't been any available. Although it has reminded me why I felt in love with dcs in the first place......... Flying the 109! :pilotfly:

The bad weather conditions contribute to the already bad spotting conditions.. so no fun for me :(

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

The bad weather conditions contribute to the already bad spotting conditions.. so no fun for me :(

I have a difficult time spotting too. I swear Im blind as a bat in DCS. However I don't think the problem is due to the weather. The labels were disabled I believe yesterday.

Also the real bad weather will force people to fly above the clouds, in supercharger "territory". This is great news for us poor Allied pilots :)

Also flying just below cloud cover is a great way to prey on unsuspecting targets below you, while being relatively safe from BnZ :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

OK then.. let's make the mission as safe as possible for the 'poor' Allies... :)

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I will change the weather from time to time to provide some diversity. Already tweaked yesterday's weather for little better spotting. Let's see if the next day brings a sunny day :)

Boo! Bring on the storms, the rain, the raging wind, turbulence. Bring it I say! :thumbup:

OK then.. let's make the mission as safe as possible for the 'poor' Allies... :)

Deal with it. :lol:

Hi gents,

It was a blast to fly since 1946 in bad weather conditions online, love it. You even could put more wind in or blizzard and thunderstorm :thumbup:.

@eekz

as you said, you will change weather from time to time, could you maby set the clouds from 800m up to 2500m? In the moment they are from about 3700m up to 5000m. So the fighterbomber has very good cover from the clouds and the fighters dont need to climb to 5000+m to have a clear fighting zone. I spend about 2 hours over the clouds on a full server, but dident finde some one, so i think clouds are maby to high for some pilots, as it is a lot of work to climb to over 5000m :smilewink::music_whistling::megalol:.

Lets hope with normandy the mapswitching will work, so you can make some maps with different weather and let them load one after an other.

Is the weather dynamic? Would be cool to start in rain and land with clear sky or other way around.

regards

Little_D

1./JG2_Little_D

Staffelkapitän

1./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Go for the leader, if you can. The path is the goal, the kill the result."

"The one who has 12, leads. The one who has six, follows."

YouTube Channel: 1./JG2 Filmkanal

i absolutly love flying without this" label mod", made it much more realistic i want to say.

i don' t think that many pilots flew above the clouds yesterday. especially fw190 did it like in the real war. fast and low(for ground attacks)

it has been quite hard to find your counterpart again after an upturn, i guess it was as difficult as in reality

Hi gents,

It was a blast to fly since 1946 in bad weather conditions online, love it. You even could put more wind in or blizzard and thunderstorm :thumbup:.

@eekz

as you said, you will change weather from time to time, could you maby set the clouds from 800m up to 2500m? In the moment they are from about 3700m up to 5000m. So the fighterbomber has very good cover from the clouds and the fighters dont need to climb to 5000+m to have a clear fighting zone. I spend about 2 hours over the clouds on a full server, but dident finde some one, so i think clouds are maby to high for some pilots, as it is a lot of work to climb to over 5000m :smilewink::music_whistling::megalol:.

Lets hope with normandy the mapswitching will work, so you can make some maps with different weather and let them load one after an other.

Is the weather dynamic? Would be cool to start in rain and land with clear sky or other way around.

regards

Little_D

Indeed, nobody from the allies flies over 4-5000m. I've never seen one since I've been playing on this server, so the clouds are disturbing for us, the Axis.

Best solution is to alternate bad weather with good weather so everybody can enjoy the server.

Specs:

Settings:

These new changes are a no go for me and probable for the other VR users. In the past I have done a few test with clouds on and off with the results of loosing 15 20 fps. With out clouds I will get a solid 45 fps which is really important with VR. Also I thought the clouds are not in sync in multiplayer so, I'm inside a cloud and can't see shit bandit not in cloud and shoots me down.

Me thinks Burning Skies as been popular do to smoothness, labels and stats page and it has been the best dog fighting experience I have had on any WW II server.

Just my 2 cents...oh yeah, let me know when the weather clears up :)

Show.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

additionally, clouds and rain caused a huge frame drop for me! on VR i am at the limits with my hardware

I don't recall a significant drop in fps with clouds, however I wasn't online last night.

My issue with clouds is that they are not synchronized online :( .

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I've browesed the last few pages and didn't see a clear answer. Are labels off now? briefing still has the Lshift+F10 mentioned in it but no one on the server had labels just now.

Please do not get rid of the dots, spotting in this game is next to impossible with out them and we really don't need make it any harder on the more casual people (myself included). more people flying is better for everyone.

I've browesed the last few pages and didn't see a clear answer. Are labels off now? briefing still has the Lshift+F10 mentioned in it but no one on the server had labels just now.

Please do not get rid of the dots, spotting in this game is next to impossible with out them and we really don't need make it any harder on the more casual people (myself included). more people flying is better for everyone.

+1

+2

Yeah I have a hard time spotting even with the labels on. I really hope ED implements some type of permanent solution to our spotting troubles.

+3

Even for non casual player is absolutely too hard to spot, and the dot labels is the best interim solution to the completely unralistic DCS spotting behaviour till ED fix it.

400 and above should be limited. but i would prefer not to start a ping discussion. got called an " idiot lagger" and others . with a ping of 140. mine is usually between 100 and 170. and my friend in the next room with his own internet connection couldn't observe any lag on me.

the person arguing had a ping of 70, and obviously thougt to be observing lag.

so ping might not be all