=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

It's possible the Master Server just got lonely over the holidays and wanted some attention.

Mass disconnects with protocol error in chat and logs appeared on 2.2 update before Russian holidays. And seems, that 99.9% it was Spitfire causing it, as with no Spitfires in the mission everything was fine tonight.

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

• ED Team
Mass disconnects with protocol error in chat and logs appeared on 2.2 update before Russian holidays. And seems, that 99.9% it was Spitfire causing it, as with no Spitfires in the mission everything was fine tonight.

Yeah, people are submitting their logs in the Bug thread, and Rik has been pointed at it as well. Might need to give them some time to ramp up after the holidays though.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Went and had a look this evening.

No stutters and a solid frame rate in VR. Nice.

Was surprised to find no one on the Teamspeak server. Was hoping to wing up to try to assist.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

@Eekz, there needs to be a serious increase in the amount of AA Guns/Flak at the airfields. 2 or 3 guns at each field is completely useless, and as long as you don't fly straight down the barrel of the guns you'll never get shot down. The airfields need to have a realistic amount of Flak at them, at least 8-10 gun emplacements.

This problem is made much worse by the airfields being only 30 miles apart with 20+ pilots on the server.

@Eekz, there needs to be a serious increase in the amount of AA Guns/Flak at the airfields. 2 or 3 guns at each field is completely useless, and as long as you don't fly straight down the barrel of the guns you'll never get shot down. The airfields need to have a realistic amount of Flak at them, at least 8-10 gun emplacements.

This problem is made much worse by the airfields being only 30 miles apart with 20+ pilots on the server.

+1 with the flak guns. also the distance between the airfields on the other map was much better, all it has achieved on this map is forced the engagements lower to the deck.

Went and had a look this evening.

No stutters and a solid frame rate in VR. Nice.

Was surprised to find no one on the Teamspeak server. Was hoping to wing up to try to assist.

I saw you on and tried to talk with you to wing up but I never got a reply. So not sure what happen there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

I agree! The vultureing was extra bad today. I had three kills today all right over Binniville. Couldn’t land or take off, had one young guy first time on the server trying to takeoff in a P51, every time he taxied they would strafe him. After multiple attempts the poor guy quite and left. I don’t blame him!

Edited by Campbell

I agree! The vultureing was extra bad today. I had three kills today all right over Binniville. Couldn’t land or take off, had one young guy first time on the server trying to takeoff in a P51, every time he taxied they would strafe him. After multiple attempts the poor guy quite and left. I don’t blame him!

Increase the distance between airfields.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When you have between 5 and 10 Players there is no need to increase Airfield distance, when you have difference of Player numbers between blue and red would be same effect to find some one you go to the Enemy Airfield.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

99% of people seem to get lost just flying the 2 minutes to the delta. Or they don’t know how to take off. If you put airfields further apart you might as well play single player... These problems can really be solved by better mission design, not just putting airfields 5 min farther away.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

99% of people seem to get lost just flying the 2 minutes to the delta. Or they don’t know how to take off. If you put airfields further apart you might as well play single player... These problems can really be solved by better mission design, not just putting airfields 5 min farther away.

People are forgetting that this server was populated and successful for months with the previous mission which had the Luftwaffe airfields around Caen. This change to 30 mile apart airfields is relatively recent

killed during taxi at A/B just now, no chance to take off, must be soooo fun, but not for me

time to find another server..

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

In my opinion the present distance is nearly optimal.

Just more effective AAA, and other well armed things to the airbases, get those airfields populated with troops and towers and so on and those vulching will stop i guess, remember the normandy_anticipation1944 mission on 1.5!

Nobody even tried to pass over the opposite base.

Distance is nearly equal now just the targets/mission needs some more tuning.

Dialectic... :)

Will be making requested adjustments tonight and putting same mission with more flaks and more distant airfields.

Agree with more flaks per airfield, but it won't stop the vulching.

The distance between red and blue airfields is more than optimum as it is. You can fly in circles to form up anyway.. but it will definitely be more boring for all of us to fly to the targets if the distances are too large.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I don’t know if farther distance between fields is the answer, but more effective triple AAA would do wonders. In the old 1.5 version with the modern triple AAA it was suicide to even think about getting close to an airbase. If the in game AAA was more effective it would help stop a lot of the vultures from ruining the fun for the rest of us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I honestly can't remember on which server, but in 1.5 and Caucasus, with about 10 modern AAA around an airfield, the Germs simply took it as a challenge to knock-out the AAA first, which they did, and then vulch the airfield. Practically no amount of AAA is going to solve the issue. Besides, with 10 to 20 AAA per airfield you're going to start taking performance hits.

Instead, make an absolute solution. Create two triggers per airfield; one with a 2 mile radius around the airfield, and one with a 1 mile radius. If an enemy aircraft flies withing the 2 mile trigger, activate a flak script (I know somebody created one of these to create flak explosions for the 88's before they had their own), and if they fly within the 1 mile radius, simply blow them up automatically.

Add a fat warning in the briefing and be done with it.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I honestly can't remember on which server, but in 1.5 and Caucasus, with about 10 modern AAA around an airfield, the Germs simply took it as a challenge to knock-out the AAA first, which they did, and then vulch the airfield. Practically no amount of AAA is going to solve the issue. Besides, with 10 to 20 AAA per airfield you're going to start taking performance hits.

Instead, make an absolute solution. Create two triggers per airfield; one with a 2 mile radius around the airfield, and one with a 1 mile radius. If an enemy aircraft flies withing the 2 mile trigger, activate a flak script (I know somebody created one of these to create flak explosions for the 88's before they had their own), and if they fly within the 1 mile radius, simply blow them up automatically.

Add a fat warning in the briefing and be done with it.

A war is still.. a war. More airfields so one can choose his aircraft would cope justt fine with them vultures. Actually, vulching is necessary to deny the enemy fighters. The best way to kill an enemy plane is.. it being on the ground.. ;)

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5