=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

A blast from the past.

You may remember me. Dawger.

While I can't offer what you are looking for I can certainly help you out.

I will PM you my email.

Hey! Yea - I remember Dawger! Good to run into another old timer. You ever run into any others from Warbirds back in the late '90s?

Im swamped with work stuff at the moment but hope to get 2.5 downloaded and see if I can get it to run on my system with VR next week.

Mission is cute but can we get back to real stuff ?

Because now we are stuck to old mission with bases so close you can actually see stuff from one base on the other. It's just base rush unlike Normandy with some room to maneuver and approach from sides.

And please change liveries on Krymsk P-51s to something more historical. This ultra-blue feels quite unusual and out of place.

Edited by Hiromachi

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Because now we are stuck to old mission with bases so close you can actually see stuff from one base on the other. It's just base rush unlike Normandy with some room to maneuver and approach from sides.

And please change liveries on Krymsk P-51s to something more historical. This ultra-blue feels quite unusual and out of place.

Thanks for the quick update to 2.5 Eekz, and it would be nice to add some of these changes when you've got time.

I agree, fields are way to close together. We have this beautiful new map. Spread things it out a bit and give us more field options. You can keep the close fields if players really need them but please create a few more fields for the rest of us that like to have some distance. And yes please do away with the weird Blue 51’s. I have no idea why those are even on the server. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eekz there are also still spits in the Gali mission btw.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Hey! Yea - I remember Dawger! Good to run into another old timer. You ever run into any others from Warbirds back in the late '90s?

Im swamped with work stuff at the moment but hope to get 2.5 downloaded and see if I can get it to run on my system with VR next week.

There are a few kicking around here and there. I fly with Dobs a few times a week in WT SB. I have seen a few others on social media and the like the past few years.

And unfortunately several have passed on.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

Hi eekz,

i tried to find ground targets in mission "Battle for Gali" for both sides.

It looks like they are completely missing and not only hidden between trees as i thought yesterday.

At least three platoons should be on open places and these are empty.

Two platoons, if they are there, are placed in forest, about the last one am not sure..

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Will be adjusted. Anyway, from my experience Battle for Gali feels very unifinished atm.

My nearest plan is to greatly redesign Normandy Anticipation finish new Normandy mission then when those two are ready, I'll look into Gali mission. Despite it's big in terms of distances I still belive that it can be interesting.

While I do that, Normandy Anticipation mission will be hosted. I've adjusted target placement a bit away from trees.

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

@Eeks

Does this mean we are getting back Normandy ? When is this blessed event supposed to take place ?

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

Even just an interim thing somewhere other than Normandy Anticipation would be great. The current map is just the same nonsense over and over again. Especially with more players back on the server.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

I concur. We are back to old base rush and vulch fest that resembles war thunder instead of historical mission that DCS as a flight sim is supposed to show. Caucasus is much larger and now with beautiful graphics there is plenty to see and play around. Same for Normandy.

And as DefaultFace said, lots people came back to BS. One can now take advantage of this.

Absolutely I concur with both DefaultFace and Hiromachi. The base rush non sense is very Arcade ish and it really takes away from the DCS experience. My recommendation would be to set it up to match a more historical scenario. Example- Both sides usually had to fly to the front lines to perform CAP’s and or Strike missions. Much like you have Normandy setup where the majority of the action is in and around the Delta. Increase the distance between airports from 28nm to maybe 50nm or greater. Create a front line between the two airbases or between multiple airbases. Then more Dog fights will occur over the combat zones because that’s where both sides will meet and not directly over an airbase. Normandy can also be increased. The axis airfields can be moved East of Caen or closer to Le Havre. This would force player to actually put fuel on board and fly to the center of the map. Where you can create a front line. Thanks Eekz just my 2 cents!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

All pls not this Mission again..would rather fly again an Hour Gali Mission then this actually Mission currently...

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

OMG, shift mission start time to later hours, this tragic 8 a.m. is may be good for taking promotional pictures but definitely not for PvP airquake map like Normandy anticipation...

please

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Helping a newcomer (noob alert!)

I have joined the server for the first time in the past couple of days, and it has been a blast! Yesterday I have made a couple of ground attacks (jeez, it is difficult to find them the first time, I am used to SP with labels on :) This is much more realistic and satisfying, when successfull), burned a few things, got hit by artillery, and managed to limp back to airfield of origin. Great first experience, many thanks eekz for setting all of this up thumbup.gif.

I am a novice to MP, and there are some things that I have not yet understood, perhaps some kind soul could enlighten me:

1) How do you recognize friendlies vs foes? I need to get very close, and what usually happens is me diving unhealthy in a fireball..

2) Is killing friendlies punished automatically? I am under the impression that I have been put down by whomever was spotting me at any particular moment, irrespective of faction

3) Where are the stats uploaded/stored? I have tried http://stats.burning-skies.com/en/, but only the top players are listed

4) Are A2G / A2A kills registered immediately, or has one to return safely to base? Not that it matters, just curious

5) Notification appear only in regards to blue vs red overall kill counts, am I right? (i.e. no real-time notifications about who killed whom)

6) Is anybody using teamspeak at all?

I'll be back there again this evening, looking forward!

Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero pulsanda tellus

1. YES u have to fly very close for iff (most of the time nearly a flyby (at least in VR)), some p51 skins do make it more difficult too

2. NO but u get - kills

3.that are the new stats

4. immediately when it got killed/crashed/disconnected

5. RIGHT

6. not sure, i am not

1) How do you recognize friendlies vs foes? I need to get very close, and what usually happens is me diving unhealthy in a fireball..

2) Is killing friendlies punished automatically? I am under the impression that I have been put down by whomever was spotting me at any particular moment, irrespective of faction

3) Where are the stats uploaded/stored? I have tried http://stats.burning-skies.com/en/, but only the top players are listed

4) Are A2G / A2A kills registered immediately, or has one to return safely to base? Not that it matters, just curious

5) Notification appear only in regards to blue vs red overall kill counts, am I right? (i.e. no real-time notifications about who killed whom)

6) Is anybody using teamspeak at all?

I'll be back there again this evening, looking forward!

1) Use the zoom and learn the shapes of the planes from different angles.

1) Use the zoom and learn the shapes of the planes from different angles.

About 15 years ago I did a silhouette test over scale distances as research for another game.

One of the interesting things that was consistent across test subjects was that the 109 and P51 are very easily confused at medium ranges (ranges where you can see the general shape but not resolve details)

A 109 in planform looks exactly like a P51 twice as far away and vice versa.

So silhouette training in a server that is almost exclusively P51 and 109 may not be as productive as you might think.

Real world anecdotes back this up by the way. There were several instances of Ponies joining in formation on 109's and vice versa only to realize the error when they got close.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

Most distinctive Difference from the look Top down is the Wing Shape, small shaped Wings with round wing Tips 109.

P-51 have more study Wing with square Wing Tips.

Even more pronouncing is when you get closer is the Paint job, P-51 are in the most case more colourful (Yellow nose, White Stripes)

But after Years sometimes even my Wing Mates try to shoot me down in my lovely 190 or scare me when I try to find desperately the ghost Mustang behind me in a wild Fight ...smile.gif

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27