=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Ok, thank you all for clarifying! One thing still I haven't get: do you have a mean to check for your stats?

Cheers,

G.

gabgio,

You can check your stats for the game you are in by pressing the apostrophe key (‘ – the one next to the ; ).

Burning Skies also has a website where I think you can also check your stats outside of the game, here. http://burning-skies.zzz.com.ua/

Note that I'm not sure how accurate it is, and I wasn't able to find myself (I have no aerial kills yet since I just started last week, but definitely have a few ground kills).

I'd be happy to wing up with you and get on TeamSpeak, if you're fine with flying with a newbie! Were you able to get on the server yesterday? I'm in US EST but couldn't find the server yesterday...

Edited by SharkBait

System Specs || CPU: Intel i5-4690k 3.5 GHz Quad-core / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB x 2 / SSD: Samsung Evo 850 500GB and PNY 240GB / OS: Windows 10 Pro

Flight Equipment || Stick: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / Throttle: CH Pro Throttle / Pedals: MFG Crosswind / View: Track IR 5

Also, I'm a newcomer here as well and have been reading a few pages of this thread.

Just want to say THANK YOU to Eekz for all that you're doing for this server!

System Specs || CPU: Intel i5-4690k 3.5 GHz Quad-core / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB x 2 / SSD: Samsung Evo 850 500GB and PNY 240GB / OS: Windows 10 Pro

Flight Equipment || Stick: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / Throttle: CH Pro Throttle / Pedals: MFG Crosswind / View: Track IR 5

gabgio,

You can check your stats for the game you are in by pressing the apostrophe key (‘ – the one next to the ; ).

Burning Skies also has a website where I think you can also check your stats outside of the game, here. http://burning-skies.zzz.com.ua/

Note that I'm not sure how accurate it is, and I wasn't able to find myself (I have no aerial kills yet since I just started last week, but definitely have a few ground kills).

I'd be happy to wing up with you and get on TeamSpeak, if you're fine with flying with a newbie! Were you able to get on the server yesterday? I'm in US EST but couldn't find the server yesterday...

Yep, I've found that page, but my name is not listed. Perhaps it's because I have got no kills yet :cry: But I have lost a few planes :D

Yesterday I could join, but it was a desert: I was alone most of the time.

Sure I would like to team up! I mostly fly in the evenings, UTC+1. I'll be there in half an hour (name: gab)

Edited by gabgio

Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero pulsanda tellus

Spit is still bugged after the latest patch.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Guys, I've experienced this bug:

it may be a cause that some ground targets can be invisible.

Looking for workaround...

This also happens with building on Caucasus (Normandy Anticipation mission). They also appear to be undestructable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good change, +1 from me Eekz.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

FYI:

From now on, provocative nicknames may result in bans. Mind your nicknames please.

:thumbup: thanks

Freddo/Pelzfrosch

Module: viel zu viele...

Warte auf: Fulda Gap, MiG-23, xy (4th. Gen RED) und mehr neue und alte Propeller wie P-38, Corsair, DC-3, Transall, Tucano usw.

Projekt: OpenFlightSchool -> Thread

Great, thank you Eekz!

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

+1

Was about time...

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Out of curiosity, has anybody flying the Mustang managed to blow up one of the bunkers in the current mission? I have been trying again and again, with bombs, rockets and guns, with no success. Hell, last thing to try is to go kamikaze on them.. biggrin.gif

i have noticed some LOD errors with the current bunkers... they will disappear depending on approach. you have to approach from W-SW to maintain object LOD on your dive. Even then, the direct bomb hits do not even cause smoke.... Maybe eekz should test a different static object or a fortification object instead?

*edit* it would appear from page 164 of this thread that folks are already aware of the disappearing statics bug...

Edited by dooom

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Yes, eekz is indeed aware: depending on relative angle of approach, the bunkers disappear (his video showing the problem helped me localizing the damn targets in the first place lol.gif, I couldn't find them before).

The fact they seem to be indestructible bothers me more than the visibility glitch, though

Yes, eekz is indeed aware: depending on relative angle of approach, the bunkers disappear (his video showing the problem helped me localizing the damn targets in the first place lol.gif, I couldn't find them before).

The fact they seem to be indestructible bothers me more than the visibility glitch, though

And it seems like this problem appears only in multiplayer. I grabbed the BS mission from a fresh multiplayer track file and tested the sandboxes. In offline they were always visible and destructable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, then most likely it's a DCS multiplayer glitch. Pity: I am a newbie, and destroying the assigned targets is my only chance of glory, as trying to dogfight those 109's has so far only resulted in spectacular fireballs :doh: