=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Its worse probably.

Airstarts 20 miles to the rear of each airfield at 10K would be a better solution.

How about using Batumi as a backup airfield for Allies? It's additional ~30km away to the South from the main Allied base.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How about using Batumi as a backup airfield for Allies? It's additional ~30km away to the South from the main Allied base.

If the goal is to remove the motivation for camping, you need to use an effective means.

Airstarts a short distance back from the field where the camping will occur does that. The threat of a high enemy a few minutes from your low altitude spawn camping is very effective at doing that.

And it is pretty easy to make sure folks only use the airstarts for field defense. Just load them up with minimal fuel and no ground attack weapons. They will be base defense only. If you want to do more than that, you will have to land to refuel/rearm or take a ground spawn aircraft.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

Thanks eekz! Can we get some Bf-109 without those signal flares?

At least half of them, please! And make sure they are identifyable without going through trial and error!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Nice! Has the Spitfire bug been fixed?

System Specs || CPU: Intel i5-4690k 3.5 GHz Quad-core / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB x 2 / SSD: Samsung Evo 850 500GB and PNY 240GB / OS: Windows 10 Pro

Flight Equipment || Stick: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / Throttle: CH Pro Throttle / Pedals: MFG Crosswind / View: Track IR 5

Hi, I often fly on the Burning Skies server but I dont see my stats (http://burning-skies.zzz.com.ua/statistics/pilots). Do I have to register somewhere or why can that be?

Greeting Kapott

-Windows 10 Home 64 bit

-AMD Ryzen 5 2600

-ASUS TUF B450M

-16 GB Kingston DDR4 Dual

-GTX 1060

-Saitek X-52

-Track IR4

-BENQ XL 2730Z 27 Zoll Monitor

-Samsung Evo 500GB SSD

-WD Blue 2000GB SAta

Module: KA-50,FW-190, BF109K,Flaming Cliffs,F5E Tiger, MIG 21 bis,Combined Arms,Normandie+WW2 Asset Pack,Nevada

It would be great, if you could offer other donation ways then paypal.

Neteller, Skrill, wire transfer, Credit card (w/o paypal).

Just saying ;)

-TSP- Multigaming Discord Server

9700K @5,2GHz Watercooled | 32Gb RAM @4266 CL16 | 2 GTX 1080 TI Watercooled| HW Raid 10 (4x 960gb SSD) | Warthog HOTAS | Saitek rudder pedals | Track IR5

WW2 Assets, A-10C, AJS Viggen, Bf109, F-5E Tiger II, F/A-18C Hornet, FW190, FC3, Black Shark 2, L-39, P-51D. Gazelle, Spitfire Mk. IX, Su-25T, TF-51D, UH-1H, Christen Eagle 2, Nevada, Normandy

Hi,

It seems that the distances in the current mission are keeping the players away from the server.. Can we please have a more 'entertaining' mission until a proper mission with bombers and stuff? Thanks a bunch.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Hi,

It seems that the distances in the current mission are keeping the players away from the server.. Can we please have a more 'entertaining' mission until a proper mission with bombers and stuff? Thanks a bunch.

x2, I appreciate the larger distance makes it a bit more immersive/real. But I do think people are keeping off it because of the whole distance thing. Keep up the good work though! :thumbup:

For me, the long distance is not really a problem.

The bigger issue is that the players get spread to thin.

If 3 players are on the red side and 3 on the blue, it is possible that everyone is heading to another objective and never gets into a fight.

Maybe it would be better to have only one active objective, the same for both sides. So the distances stay the same, but at least everyone is heading for the same objective.

There will be a reworked Caucasus mission in rotation.

Also, for longer distance missions like Road to Evreux, I'm going to make the number of objectives dynamic system, depending on number of players on the server.

For example if there are 4 player online there will be 1 objective for each side, if there are 8 players there will be 2 objectives per side, if 16 then 4 per side.

I'm aware of the big map vs small number of players issues and trying to find proper solution.

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

keep in mind that some of us just dont fly because of their buggy preferred A/C (engine and damage model) objectives linked to player numbers would make it better during these LESS WW2 PILOTS DAYS

Hi,

I disagree, the current bugs and horrific damage modal are keeping players away from DCS WW2 not the current BS mission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I disagree, the current bugs and horrific damage modal are keeping players away from DCS WW2 not the current BS mission.

That's a totally different discussion.. I'm talking strictly about the flying times in a poor target environment.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

That's a totally different discussion.. I'm talking strictly about the flying times in a poor target environment.

More targets would be nice, but you originally stated that “distance” was keeping players away. No, distance and time in flight are fine. More targets would be good. However, participation is low due to frustrations with the bugs and DM.

More targets would be nice, but you originally stated that “distance” was keeping players away. No, distance and time in flight are fine. More targets would be good. However, participation is low due to frustrations with the bugs and DM.

I will rephrase this.. You probably don't consider yourself a 'target' when you're flying, but you ARE. So, we're ALL aware about the bugs and if we accept this as a given fact, I want those distances to be much closer so that any of us can find airborne targets more quickly. Regarding the ground targets they are just fine. How many ground targets did you destroy so far..?

Specs:

Settings:

I have no problem finding air targets. Finding ground targets can be a challenge especially when they are bugged and can only been seen from certain views or distance. I focus more on Air to Air with the occasional ground pounding. I’ve had no issues finding air targets. Are you keeping your labels on by default? This really helps with finding them cause you can see them from long distance.

For example if there are 4 player online there will be 1 objective for each side, if there are 8 players there will be 2 objectives per side, if 16 then 4 per side.

I'm aware of the big map vs small number of players issues and trying to find proper solution.

Yes, it would be great. The distance between opposite airfields at present time is normal. By decreasing the number of objectives you can create kind of "narrow corridor" between opposite airfields. So, it will be much easier for pilots to find each other.

Is it possible to place objectives near clear recognizing objects (towns, rivers, bays etc)? In the same time, you can try to switch off magic GPS. This will lead to increasing flight's altitude for navigation. Some of experienced pilots hunt at the extremely low altitude all the time. They destroy "victims" very fast... I think a lot of new pilots leave the server after "rapid annihilation" because they even didn't have any chances. At least you can try it and we will see. But the way to objects and back should be not difficult for navigation.

To everybody. Look at the video below and guess what most pilots want?

keep in mind that some of us just dont fly because ...

Some of us don't fly but some of us fly. For example they prefer to fly smile.gif :

Here we don't discuss how to NOT fly... Here we discuss how to make missions more interesting. Right? smilewink.gif

Edited by deyneko

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat.

We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

Visit our website:

VIRTUAL-PILOTS.COM

The problem is.. nobody is flying as it is right now. You can try changing the missions and see which one(s) will bring more players.

Specs:

Settings:

is there a time when there are more than 2 people on this server?

I think the problem is that one would rather connect to another server where people are on, than connect onto an empty server - which is a problem again ...

I don't know if the mission might be an issue, maybe its just because of the ww2 setting, I cannot tell ...

I'd love to fly ww2 again ;)

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png