=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Hey Eekz, I don’t normally complain about such things but I had a great flight this evening. I only died twice in game, a black out and a bail out. For some reason the in game stats gave me 5 deaths. I have no idea where they came from????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you switch directly from plane to another you will get "in-game death".

You have to switch to spectators and then to another plane.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

If you switch directly from plane to another you will get "in-game death".

You have to switch to spectators and then to another plane.

Oh ok, yea that’s not how I was doing it. Thanks for the heads up!

I know this not server related, My apologies. But does anybody know “Sandman”? He flew with us this evening on Burning Skies. I was trying to find him on the forum but there’s to many with the same name.

Hey Eekz,

What setting do you use for "smoke density" on the fires you have placed on the "Road to Evreaux" mission?

I notice some FPS loss around those; and also, when you use a high smoke density value, the smoke doesn't fade out/ disperse naturally. By lowering the value for the smoke density (use a value from the lowesst quarter along the slider), you can get better FPS as well as making it look more natural.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

That's a pity! What alternative for voice communication? I cannot effectively coordinate with buddies using the chat.

I know the Air Tactical Assault Group (which hosts a server for a different sim) has a lively TeamSpeak server, and they even created a channel for DCS. Their TS info is below.

Unfortunately, there are not a lot of people that use it for DCS (likely because people don't know about it), but what I found is that if I let people know in chat that I'm on TeamSpeak and provide the address/password, sometimes people join me. Maybe you can try it too.

The Air Tactical Assault Group (ATAG):

Address: 216.52.148.29

Password: calais

Like you, I'm a big proponent of using voice-chat for flight simming. It helps promote cooperation and calling out enemy contacts (and in a sim like DCS in which it is incredibly difficult to spot targets, this is very important!).

Edited by SharkBait

System Specs || CPU: Intel i5-4690k 3.5 GHz Quad-core / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB x 2 / SSD: Samsung Evo 850 500GB and PNY 240GB / OS: Windows 10 Pro

Flight Equipment || Stick: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / Throttle: CH Pro Throttle / Pedals: MFG Crosswind / View: Track IR 5

The Air Tactical Assault Group (ATAG):

Address: 216.52.148.29

Password: calais

Thanks for this!

However it seems that I cannot get into any of the DCS rooms. When I double-click any of them, there is a red message "channel maxfamily reached"

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

from my point of view teamspeak isn't attractive in dcs.

judging from acg cold war server, srs is a much better suitable - and much more immersive - communication tool.

i believe in ww2 servers, such as the burning skies server, it would fit good as well.

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

+1 for SRS

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

UPDATE: No need to download anything, all is already built into the mission. Just open your Kneeboard ("RShift + K") and spaw pages ("[" and "]")

Hey everyone! Few will disagree that 'Road to Evreux' is pretty huge and difficult to navigate. Now it's easy to find the ground targets only (mostly due to GPS currently working in F10 view). But explainig to your ally where you are when you need help, as well as trying to understand the same information - is really a problem.

I was thinking how one can make navigation in =BS= easier and came up with the following.

I used airfields, ground targets locations and several big forests as landmarks, put them on the map, put some connections between the close landmarks, calculated distances and angles and finally got something like this:

(the overall view)

zTXZ7ar1e2o.jpg

Cutting this into pieces, adding some info: and we get some nice slides for the kneeboard.

Like these ones:

HtZW7Ewb1wk.jpg fssKoyYLz4M.jpg

Link to Google Drive to download everything:

https://goo.gl/CDY5Ln

All this can be used for finding the enemy who's attacking our forces at YV13 (where da hell is that??!1), calling for help, coming for help, gathering together with allies in an arbitrary place on the map (not just at the airfields).

One can already use this online: just put the files "kneeboard_*.png" to "C:\Users\...\SavedGames\DCS\Kneeboard" folder (create if necessary).

I've already tried this and found it lovely :) On my screen the slides are displayed pretty well.

aJOzzior8NE.jpg

Any thoughts? Maybe we'll be able to turn off the GPS?.. :smilewink:

P.S. The images are generated via some scripts, so performing variations to all this might be easy.

Edited by skliff13

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

this is a pretty good proposal!

it is worth trying ... i would recommend to disable the gps as well.

in case of ww2 this kind of map-navigation would be much more immersive

combined with srs this would be really sweet! :D

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

Eekz what do you think, any chance we might see “simple radio” in the near future on the server?

Yes. Will be looking into it on the week-end. Got to finish some work and then I'll have some spare time for the server.

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

Unfortunately, there are not a lot of people that use it for DCS (likely because people don't know about it), but what I found is that if I let people know in chat that I'm on TeamSpeak and provide the address/password, sometimes people join me.

That's right! And one of the possible ways to let people know about the available TS channel is to put this info into the briefings. The questions is will the ATAG allow using their teamspeak for BS server. Guess we need to contact ATAG guys, and if they don't mind put the info into the briefing texts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey everyone! Few will disagree that 'Road to Evreux' is pretty huge and difficult to navigate. Now it's easy to find the ground targets only (mostly due to GPS currently working in F10 view). But explainig to your ally where you are when you need help, as well as trying to understand the same information - is really a problem.

I was thinking how one can make navigation in =BS= easier and came up with the following.

I used airfields, ground targets locations and several big forests as landmarks, put them on the map, put some connections between the close landmarks, calculated distances and angles and finally got something like this:

(the overall view)

zTXZ7ar1e2o.jpg

Cutting this into pieces, adding some info: and we get some nice slides for the kneeboard.

Like these ones:

HtZW7Ewb1wk.jpg fssKoyYLz4M.jpg

Link to Google Drive to download everything:

https://goo.gl/CDY5Ln

All this can be used for finding the enemy who's attacking our forces at YV13 (where da hell is that??!1), calling for help, coming for help, gathering together with allies in an arbitrary place on the map (not just at the airfields).

One can already use this online: just put the files "kneeboard_*.png" to "C:\Users\...\SavedGames\DCS\Kneeboard" folder (create if necessary).

I've already tried this and found it lovely :) On my screen the slides are displayed pretty well.

aJOzzior8NE.jpg

Any thoughts? Maybe we'll be able to turn off the GPS?.. :smilewink:

P.S. The images are generated via some scripts, so performing variations to all this might be easy.

Looks good skliff13! Will definitely give it a try

I know this not server related, My apologies. But does anybody know “Sandman”? He flew with us this evening on Burning Skies. I was trying to find him on the forum but there’s to many with the same name.

I’m right here, friend! I hope I’ve not done something to offend you?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2