=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

The new mission has been released to the server! Please note, that it requires WWII Asset Pack. Give it a try! Any feedback on new features that are already working is welcome!

The main thing I want to know, which details should be added to help section and to the briefieng to make the radiomenus and mission progression clear to players.

Edited by eekz

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

Thanks all for being flying the new mission during today! I've discovered some bugs that should be fixed before the further mission development. As soon as fixes will be made, the mission will be back to the server in the improved condition! Meanwhile, I put Anapa-Novoross back for a while.

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

Due to several reports that tacview telemetry can be used in real time even that I've put a delay in options - data export is disabled on the server.

Server Tacview tracks will be available on public link to google drive a bit later.

Hi eekz,

The downside is that the Jetseat won't work anymore.. Is ED aware of the bug?

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

What, jetseat not working!

DCS WWII is bad enough (air-to-air visibility, poor plane set, etc, etc,) and I have been flying only on Friday nights just to keep my hand in, but now if I can't use my jetseat it is just another reason not to bother with DCS at all.

I have constantly been waiting for things to get better on the WWII front and now this.

I shall try Burning Skies tonight, but if my jetseat is not able to be used then I shall be jacking it in, yet again, and concentrating on flight simulations that deliver a better WWII experience.

DCS is really the most frustrating combat flight simulation I have ever been involved with.

I hope it gets there eventually, but I am not sure I will still be around to see it.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Hi Talisman

DCs is all I currently have , what other sim do you recommend ??

( that’s better etc )

Hi,

I am not sure that I can say, as I don't want to break any forum rules. However, I am talking about WWII aircraft and scenarios, so you can probably work things out from there.

My squad has given up on DCS WWII, but a couple of us are holding on and trying to keep faith with DCS in the hope of better days to come. So, two of us keep our hand in for a couple of hours each Friday night. For us and many other squads it is all about multiplayer, community and human teamplay rather than single player, so that is were I am coming from.

So what I mean as 'better', is in terms of multiplayer, the WWII experience, scenarios and aircraft sets and how our squad as a group value the product and feel valued as customers.

So, I cannot give you a definitive 'better', as better is something that can always be open to interpretation and differing opinions, depending on different priorities and feelings.

I am pleased that Burning Skies is playing it's part to help development and would like to continue flying the server.

It strikes me that flight simulations can be frustrating for developers and customers alike. But when its good its very good!

I hope this Tacview issue can be solved without having a negative impact on jetseat users.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

What, jetseat not working!

DCS WWII is bad enough (air-to-air visibility, poor plane set, etc, etc,) and I have been flying only on Friday nights just to keep my hand in, but now if I can't use my jetseat it is just another reason not to bother with DCS at all.

I have constantly been waiting for things to get better on the WWII front and now this.

I shall try Burning Skies tonight, but if my jetseat is not able to be used then I shall be jacking it in, yet again, and concentrating on flight simulations that deliver a better WWII experience.

DCS is really the most frustrating combat flight simulation I have ever been involved with.

I hope it gets there eventually, but I am not sure I will still be around to see it.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Tailsman, relax. Burning Skies choose to disable the export function for their specific needs. Your jetseat will still work with almost any other server. This is a server administrator choice, not a DCS limitation. Don't blame ED.

Tailsman, relax. Burning Skies choose to disable the export function for their specific needs. Your jetseat will still work with almost any other server. This is a server administrator choice, not a DCS limitation. Don't blame ED.

Hi Rob,

I appreciate what you are saying, but as far as I am aware, and please correct me if I am wrong, this is the only WWII server at the moment, and one needs the open beta version to play it as there is nothing going on in the release version. This alone speaks volumes I think regarding progress on the WWII front.

Also, I am not sure that I have actually blamed anyone in my post, rather I think I have expressed a frustration with WWII on DCS. Frustration which I admit boiled over with this latest issue that has a negative effect on things.

Anyway, trying to relax now, LOL.

I sincerely hope this issue can be resolved soon. But I have to say the time taken to resolve issues tends to take a long time in DCS world.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Hi Rob,

I appreciate what you are saying, but as far as I am aware, and please correct me if I am wrong, this is the only WWII server at the moment, and one needs the open beta version to play it as there is nothing going on in the release version. This alone speaks volumes I think regarding progress on the WWII front.

Also, I am not sure that I have actually blamed anyone in my post, rather I think I have expressed a frustration with WWII on DCS. Frustration which I admit boiled over with this latest issue that has a negative effect on things.

I sincerely hope this issue can be resolved soon. But I have to say the time taken to resolve issues tends to take a long time in DCS world.

Happy landings,

Talisman

There is like 4 servers in Normandy other than this server. Also open beta and stable are the same release version currently.

From my understanding the export was turned off due to people using tacview as a cheat. Idiots ruin things for the masses air quakers. I also use a butt kicker with the software so in the same boat as you and it’s a huge bummer.

Edited by Sniper175

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

Hi Rob,

Happy landings,

Talisman

Burning Skies is the main one, but it is hosted in eastern Europe, so it has terrible ping for the US. I would prefer the Steel Balls server, since it has far better ping for the US, but it's always empty for some reason. There is the ACG WWII server that comes up occasionally, and imo Storm of War has the best WWII missions I've seen, though it is squadron oriented.

Also, iirc, I saw the 104th also have a WWII server, and this is only recently. Point is, there is more than one. I just wish Steel Balls was used more. Playing Burning Skies with a ping of 250-300 sucks.

I wouldn't call that game you're talking about a simulator. I've tried it, and as far as any simulation aspect...it wasn't particularly impressive in that regard.

DCS has other projects that take up time, obviously. Yes, there are not as many elements and vehicles in DCS as there are in that game, but just keep in mind that these vehicles and elements are slowly (with quality) being added, including the damage modeling. And knowing ED, which is highly aware of the competition that game gives DCS, will do a more detailed job on it, as a simulation. Also, I think one of the reasons the improved DM has taken so long is that it is being added to all existing DCS aircraft, including jets.

tl;dr: Game has more stuff, DCS has better overall quality to what it has.

Edited by Magic Zach

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

There is like 4 servers in Normandy other than this server. Also open beta and stable are the same release version currently.

From my understanding the export was turned off due to people using tacview as a cheat. Idiots ruin things for the masses air quakers. I also use a butt kicker with the software so in the same boat as you and it’s a huge bummer.

Haven't been flying for quite a while, but without my Jetseat i am afraid I won't. Quite the shame that we have to deal with this kind of stuff.

I wonder if ED is aware that people can still cheat using Tacview and if they're doing something about it.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I wonder if ED is aware that people can still cheat using Tacview and if they're doing something about it.
There's a 10 minute delay. By the time you see something in Tacview, it should be old information.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

There's a 10 minute delay. By the time you see something in Tacview, it should be old information.

The problem is.. in spite of those 10 min delay..

Specs:

Settings:

I see the 10 min delay has been extended to 20 mins. Good call.

I'm going to re-open a request that I've previously made.

Clearly, the labels have been made bigger. That's great for spotting, but still useless for identification of friend of foe, certainly so for VR users.

I've just been out and had to be within what I'm guessing was 200m to be able to identify that the aircraft I'd been chasing for the last 10 minutes was a friendly...

Any chance of the label being updated to RED and BLUE please to depict sides?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Clearly, the labels have been made bigger. That's great for spotting, but still useless for identification of friend of foe, certainly so for VR users.

I've just been out and had to be within what I'm guessing was 200m to be able to identify that the aircraft I'd been chasing for the last 10 minutes was a friendly...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_friendly_fire_incidents#World_War_II

Specs:

Settings:

Just asking.. Is there a possibility to zoom view in VR? 'Cause normally to identify target at distance I use zoom.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]